Do you have a nickname?

emtfarva

Forum Captain
My coworkers gave me the nickname of Farva, just because I looked liked him. It is from Super Troopers. If you haven't seen that movie I recomend it. I want that group to do Super Medics. So my questions to you are: do you have a nickname, what is it, how did you get it, and do you like it? I love my nickname by the way.

Farva

RESQ_5_1

Forum Lieutenant
I've had so many. A friend in high school used to call me Oobigoo for some unknown reason. I was Napalm Kid in the Army after a minor fire incident in the missile storage area. When I got stationed in Missouri, I got the nickname Bartman due to my resemblance to Bart Simpson at the time. My current one is Chotch. Got that one from my partner whose last name is Vesak. I started calling him "B**l-Sack" and he started calling me Chotch. We then became the partnership of "Chotch and B**l-Sack".

marineman

Forum Asst. Chief
My nickname at work is Ricky Bobby after I got pulled over twice in one week. First time was driving semi, second time was running hot in the ambulance on a transfer and a cop that's notorious for being a :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: pulled us over to make sure we had a patient on and weren't running hot through his town for no reason.

Farva, this is an old avatar of mine from a different forum if you want to use it.

untitled-2.jpg

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief
Stretch or Lurch, take your pick :p

NJN

The Young One
I'm called Piv... because no one can pronounce the 7 letters after that.

OP
OP
emtfarva

emtfarva

Forum Captain
I'm called Piv... because no one can pronounce the 7 letters after that.

Try Pomprowicz (Pom*pro*witz) I also have Pom-pom, Pompie, Pizza boy.

OP
OP
emtfarva

emtfarva

Forum Captain

Sasha

Forum Chief
"C-7" We got into a debate in class over the exsistance of a seventh cervical vertebrae. I insisted there were seven cervical vertebrae, everyone else, including the instructor kept saying No, no there isn't a seventh. Eventually I was convinced I was wrong and they have forever named me C-7. But I never bothered to look it up, because you know.. an instructor should know more than I do. But since I have been RECORRECTED and there are in fact seven cervical vertebrae that nick name is going to change as soon as I feel witchy enough to bring it up.

"Sasa" because when I was a kid I had trouble pronouncing my own name, so I called myself "Sasa". Certain family members are allowed to call me "Sasa", but no one else. My youngest cousin calls me "Sashie"

"Blood God" because when I was LEARNING IVs I had a propensity to make people bleed by not adequately tamponadeing or forgetting to pop the tourniquet.

fortsmithman

Forum Deputy Chief
Growing up I had a few nicknames. One was AA Man because those are my initials. Another was Inspector Gadget because for a while I had to wear a suit and tie with a trench coat. I've also had a few other which are or a derogatory nature which I can't repeat here from persons I've dealt with while working security or bouncing at bars.

OP
OP
emtfarva

emtfarva

Forum Captain
"C-7" We got into a debate in class over the exsistance of a seventh cervical vertebrae. I insisted there were seven cervical vertebrae, everyone else, including the instructor kept saying No, no there isn't a seventh. Eventually I was convinced I was wrong and they have forever named me C-7. But I never bothered to look it up, because you know.. an instructor should know more than I do. But since I have been RECORRECTED and there are in fact seven cervical vertebrae that nick name is going to change as soon as I feel witchy enough to bring it up.

"Sasa" because when I was a kid I had trouble pronouncing my own name, so I called myself "Sasa". Certain family members are allowed to call me "Sasa", but no one else. My youngest cousin calls me "Sashie"

"Blood God" because when I was LEARNING IVs I had a propensity to make people bleed by not adequately tamponadeing or forgetting to pop the tourniquet.
My partner likes to blood let every once in awhile. :p

Sasha

Forum Chief
Joke in class:
"Okay, so we have a hypertensive 200/130, 80 year old male. What are you gonna do?"

"Let Sasha start an IV on him. By the time she's done he'll be normotensive."

EMERG2011

Forum Crew Member
Bones, after all the bones I've broken, and my particular penchant for trauma. Also known as black cloud... but thats another story.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I've been tagged with several recently:

Shrek, Napoleon, and Huey
But usually people just call me by my last name. In fact, when people talk about "Jon"... some folks I work with regularly don't know who that is!

RESQ_5_1

Forum Lieutenant
My middle name is Anthony, so for a while my mom used to call me "Antonio". Then she started calling me "Vincenzo" because it sounded more Italian.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Siggy
Siegfried [and Roy] - think Car Ramrod from SuperTroopers
34 - MCAT score

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
Baloo, I got busted scratching my back with the concrete pillars outside the local univeristy hospital.

JonTullos

Forum Captain
In high school and college I was known as "Smokey." I honestly don't know why. Some kids I went to school with just decided that was a good name and it stuck with me for about six years. Not many people call me that anymore though... I guess the closest thing to that i have right now Jon (first name is Jonathan).

Second

Forum Lieutenant
something thats stuck with me from high school and only a couple of close friends call me this but 'twolip" not tulip like the flower but like 2 lips. Reason: I was born with a clef lip and pallet and I have a scar on my upper lip (not really noticeable but I still cover it up with a goatee) and it kind of looks like I have 2 upper lips, so twolip it was. but here latly on my ride times they've been calling my by my last name

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
In the old days.. my handle here. Redrider, after the rock group and before the movie had the Red Rider BB gun. Now, many call me just a**hole, I remind them its Mr. A**hole. :p

R/r 911

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
The only EMT assigned/driving the USAF AS32-P-6 Forcible Entry Vehicle?

Why, Dr Gofast, of course! (My crewchief's kid called aviator styl;e sunglasses "go-fast glasss" and I wore them to drive during the day). I wasn't really fast but I was good, except that one time on the flightline....actually, those TWO times on the flightline.....:blush: