Do you have a nickname?

Epi-do

I see dead people
Joke in class:
"Okay, so we have a hypertensive 200/130, 80 year old male. What are you gonna do?"

"Let Sasha start an IV on him. By the time she's done he'll be normotensive."

Hey, there is one in every class. It's better than being known as the one that "kills" most of their patients because of all the DOAs/arrests they keep catching.

No real nicknames here.

Dobby

Forum Probie
Everyone at work knows me as Dobby it all started because I used to work weekends only , every weekend but always had the whole week off. So a work friend said: "Hey I know your nickname (since everyone here has one) its Dobby.....Dobby the house elf!!"

Since I didnt work in the week I was a house elf....aparently.
(From Harry Potter movie).

I no longer work weekends I now work all week...needless to say Im still Dobby. It occasionaly varies to Dobs...but you get the idea...

Eager to see some more nicknamesB)

Sasha

Forum Chief
Hey, there is one in every class. It's better than being known as the one that "kills" most of their patients because of all the DOAs/arrests they keep catching.

No real nicknames here.

Well, like I told them... I'd rather get it and let them bleed a little, then be like them and not get it at all :].

Where did your username "Epi-do" come from?

Fir Na Au Saol

Forum Crew Member
I'm 6'1", 325#, so of course my nick name is "Tiny". :rolleyes:

Epi-do

I see dead people
Well, like I told them... I'd rather get it and let them bleed a little, then be like them and not get it at all :].

Where did your username "Epi-do" come from?

I stole the dog's name. Her registered name is Fairoaks Total Diversion, but her call name is Epi. Over time it morphed into Epi-do, you know, like Scooby-doo. She's the dog pictured in my avatar.

rescuepoppy

Forum Lieutenant
Being 6'7" 270# I am the Bear, and being one of the older members of our squad I am also called Pops,or Poppy. I have also heard some names that are not quite P.G.

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Nicknames

Well besides my screen name here....( when I was a brand new EMT and a senior EMT pegged me with this name :rolleyes:) Ever since I was a little girl my nick name has always been........ Anna Banana!!! Alright everyone let's play the name game song!! :lol::lol::lol:

medicp94dao

Forum Crew Member
As an army medic i was called "Doc", I have alot of nicknames though, "Porkchop" was from when I was bartender because i was fresh meat. I used to DJ on the side while in the Army so my Dj name was DJ Goldenboy... God i am so corny lol, But i still go by Doc.......

Anna Anna Banna feee fye fo fanna Anna.. LOL sorry couldn't resist

EMTWintz

Forum Lieutenant
I think i have two of the most corney nicknames so far. When i was born i was supposed to be niki. For some reason or another that didn't happen, but everyone on my moms side of the family knows me by Niki. Only my grandparents called me (and still do) Nikipoo. And depending on my g-ma's mood nikipoo turns to icky-niki

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I got the nickname Pampers at my old service by being the youngest member of a truck crew.

Fir Na Au Saol - Where in ABQ do you work at?

medicp94dao

Forum Crew Member
No disrespect brother, but EVERY medic in the Army is called "Doc".

None taken... That nick name means more to me than most would know. B)

RESQ_5_1

Forum Lieutenant
For what it's worth "Doc", it was always spoken with a deep respect from myself and every other soldier I served with.

Where were you stationed? I served from 86-92. I was 12B, and if I'd known then what I know now, I would have been a "Doc". I also spent 6 months with the 24th ID during Desert Shield/Storm. I spent 87-89 in Schweinfurt, Germany and the rest of my time at Ft Lost-in-the-Woods, Mo with Aco. 5th ENG BN(C) before they went mechanized. That was when I got the nickname "Bartman". My roommate also used to call me "The Butcher" due to my extraordinary pool skills with making "Cuts".

Last edited by a moderator:

emtwacker710

Forum Captain
Ha, well I guess I should come forward with my old nickname, when I first joined as a junior member back when I was 14 my nickname was "Angel of Death" simply because whenever I was around or rode calls, bad things happened, we had a large amount of full arrests the first few months I was in as a junior..but it eventually ended and so did my nickname. Now I've picked up the nickname "Wacker" simply because I hit that "wacker phase" but I've recently been moving down from that and don't really do it anymore....so now I guess I'm just waiting for another nickname.

Fir Na Au Saol

Forum Crew Member
No disrespect brother, but EVERY medic in the Army is called "Doc".
"Doc" is the standard for US Navy Hospital Corpsmen as well. According to my Father who was a US Marine in WWII, the "Docs" that served with the rifle companies were very highly thought of.

MedicineMan975

Forum Crew Member
Lets see,...

"Duffy", 'cause of my propensity to duff one off the tee.
So I'm Duffy, man. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Duffness, or uh, Duffer, or El Dufferino if you're not into the whole brevity thing. Or for street cred The Hip-Hop Hippotamus(because my lyrics are bottomless) or EazyE ('cause I once was a thug from around the way)or Chewy (for my peeps in the "38732"). And of course Cheech.

Fir Na Au Saol

Forum Crew Member
Fir Na Au Saol - Where in ABQ do you work at?
I was working for Living Cross Ambulance until last week. I'm currently in the ranks of the gainfully unemployed. I have a resume in with Superior and hope to get on with AAS when I finish Medic school this Spring.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I was working for Living Cross Ambulance until last week. I'm currently in the ranks of the gainfully unemployed. I have a resume in with Superior and hope to get on with AAS when I finish Medic school this Spring.

I think I know you then... kinda. You're in the cohort before mine. I'm Nathan from the new one. I know the feeling about being unemployed... But then again, I came from Superior, and will never go back... Was actually looking at Cross for the interim