Do you have a nickname?

imurphy

Forum Captain
I got "Doc" in my old company, because I was the only one that went on and did more than the mininum amount of training!

Summit

Critical Crazy
Well, I dunno if :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: is really a nickname...

medic417

The Truth Provider
:unsure:-_-:unsure:
Well, I dunno if :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: is really a nickname...

Fir Na Au Saol

Forum Crew Member
I would say it's more of an epithet than a nick name. :p

gkygrl

Forum Crew Member
Hoop ....

My chief calls me "Hoop" and I have no idea what it means.

Any enlightenment on the nickname?

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Nasty.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Tiny hirsute chick

Last edited by a moderator:

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I got tagged with McMedic or McRib, because back in the old days I did a fair amount of commercial voice over. Yep. I did a few McDonalds commercials and the word got out. It could be worse...

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
I have been termed "Monkey" after the trunk monkey commercial where he jumped out with the AED. Most have just shortened it to "Monk" though.

Almost every person calls me it, and a few nurses had no idea what my actual name was to the longest time. :p

bigbaldguy

I got tagged with McMedic or McRib, because back in the old days I did a fair amount of commercial voice over. Yep. I did a few McDonalds commercials and the word got out. It could be worse...

Well I'll be damned :) who knew lol

bigbaldguy

I have been termed "Monkey" after the trunk monkey commercial where he jumped out with the AED. Most have just shortened it to "Monk" though.

Almost every person calls me it, and a few nurses had no idea what my actual name was to the longest time. :p

Yeah sure that's why they call you monk ;)

Anjel

Forum Angel
My nickname is.... Wait for it.... ANJEL!

Lol and boo

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
And mine is........ Corky

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Yeah sure that's why they call you monk ;)

Alright...I'm actually Tony Shalloub. Probably spelled that wrong, but I'm less than concerned at 416 this morning.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Robby Awesome. My best friend's mom gave it to me in HS. She called her son "Hot Shot" so we were Hot Shot and Robby Awesome haha. Everyone calls me Robby, it's what I've always gone by but at work I'm Rob, I've found patients are more receptive to me while wearing my glasses and introducing myself as Rob rather than wearing contacts and introducing my baby-faced self as Robby. Co-workers and ER staff still call me Robby though.

I tried to get them to put it on my uniform but they weren't having it :( Although I still have been known to introduce myself as Robby Awesome in the right situation with the right type of patient but generally it's just Rob.

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
My childhood nickname was Critter, started when my mom was pregnant with me. They didn't want to know if I was a boy or girl, so my dad kept referring to me as 'the little critter'. He still calls me his little critter 32 years later. And when I became a veterinary technician, he said it fit because now I'm a critter nurse.

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
When I was a new EMT-B I got the nickname Tach or tachy. partner worked at McD's so we were Mac and Tach