• Tigger

Votes: 27 40.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Remember, strictly speaking this is a courtesy and a means to try to attract and retain quality participants. There is no right to free speech in a website such as this, it's proprietary, like (my favorite analogy) a little family-run restaurant. Get obnoxious and the Charlie the dishwasher is sent out to make things end for you and better for everyone else. No shirt no shoes no service. Fake ID=you get 86'ed. This website is very lenient if certain bounds are not crossed.
In fact, you want a "thanksgiving" list, you can start here.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Personally I can't stand that firefite guy. Complete a$$hole :rofl:

Infraction while running for office? What are you a DC mayor :)

bigbaldguy

The CLs must be regretting having me on the poll list haha

Soak up the carefree hijinks while you can cuz its looking like you're gonna be part of the establishment soon :)

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
There is only one candidate who is a nurse. Discrimination! I guess he is just the token minority :p

bigbaldguy

I'm in 4th place so maybe not ;)

Oh wow tigger comes up from behind this might get interesting.

You might luck out after all :)

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Post count is a consideration when coming up with our list of nominees. The other factors that are considered are how long they've been a member; infraction history (if you've ever been banned from the forum, you are disqualified); contribution to the forum; history and accuracy of reporting posts; and how well the current CL team feels we can work with the individuals nominated.
I still want to know what I need to do to be nominated for a CL spot.... I know it's super exclusive, and all the cool kids do it, but its one of those things where certain people who don't stir the pot are asked to be mods, while the more opinionated peopled are deemed poor possibilities.

personally, if Akulahawk doesn't win, I'm going to blame it on the hanging chads

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
I still want to know what I need to do to be nominated for a CL spot.... I know it's super exclusive, and all the cool kids do it, but its one of those things where certain people who don't stir the pot are asked to be mods, while the more opinionated peopled are deemed poor possibilities.

personally, if Akulahawk doesn't win, I'm going to blame it on the hanging chads

Have you ever read anything I've posted?

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

We don't accept nominations (yet) or people volunteering. As far as nominations go, we've talked about it previously but haven't come to an agreement on it. It's been our experience that people that volunteer for this job usually do it for the wrong reasons, and don't make a good fit. Any CL, or CL Emeritus, will tell you that there is a lot more going on than most people realize; and when you become a CL you take on a big responsibility and commitment.

The CL's nominate members who we feel would be a good fit in a variety of areas, debate it amongst ourselves, and then present a list to the members for final voting. If you get nominated, it means that in the eyes of at least one CL you have had such a positive input to the forum as to stand out.

We look at a variety of factors in nominating members, some of which are below:
length of membership
post quality and content
post quantity
infraction/warning history
history of reporting posts
how they respond (or don't) when dealing with forum drama and trolls
how we feel they would add to the CL team

This list is not all inclusive, but I hope it provides some insight into the process.

Last edited by a moderator:

Achilles

Forum Moron
We don't accept nominations (yet) or people volunteering. As far as nominations go, we've talked about it previously but haven't come to an agreement on it. It's been our experience that people that volunteer for this job usually do it for the wrong reasons, and don't make a good fit. Any CL, or CL Emeritus, will tell you that there is a lot more going on than most people realize; and when you become a CL you take on a big responsibility and commitment.

The CL's nominate members who we feel would be a good fit in a variety of areas, debate it amongst ourselves, and then present a list to the members for final voting. If you get nominated, it means that in the eyes of at least one CL you have had such a positive input to the forum as to stand out.

We look at a variety of factors in nominating members, some of which are below:
length of membership
post quality and content
post quantity
infraction/warning history
history of reporting posts
how they respond (or don't) when dealing with forum drama and trolls
how we feel they would add to the CL team

This list is not all inclusive, but I hope it provides some insight into the process.
What about past expirence?

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
What about past expirence?

It's not something we've really considered.

The tech side is pretty straightforward, and attitude is a bigger part. Therefore we've looked at overall attitude, as evidenced by FFEMT's list.

If you're asking about yourself, well... we don't have a set minimum post number, but you aren't there yet ;).

I'm sure there are MANY active members that would make great mods, but I think we found a pretty good selection.

Next time we add or replace CL's, if past elections are any judge, we'll see many of these candidates again, as well as some new ones.

Jon

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
29 hours left to vote!

medic417

The Truth Provider

TransportJockey

Forum Chief