• Tigger

Votes: 27 40.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Having an opinion and being biased don't necessarily disqualify you, if it did no one on this forum would be qualified. Looking at the list I don't see anyone who wouldn't be a fair moderator. A big part of the reason we have multiple mods is so we act as a check and balance on each other. When I was a CL I had my decisions overturned multiple times as did all the other CLs. We all had our touchy topics that we would occasionally loose our objectivity on but when we did we would be ego checked pretty quickly.

I thought it was so no one would know which one was firing a blank and which ones' bullets were real?
firing_squad_2.jpg

Kidding, kidding...

medic417

The Truth Provider
Having an opinion and being biased don't necessarily disqualify you, if it did no one on this forum would be qualified. Looking at the list I don't see anyone who wouldn't be a fair moderator. A big part of the reason we have multiple mods is so we act as a check and balance on each other. When I was a CL I had my decisions overturned multiple times as did all the other CLs. We all had our touchy topics that we would occasionally loose our objectivity on but when we did we would be ego checked pretty quickly.

I disagree with them being able to start ignoring the extreme bias they show in their contempt for those that do not agree with them. If enough of them are CL's they will be able to push their opinions rather than fairly moderating. Not enough checks and balances here.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
I disagree with them being able to start ignoring the extreme bias they show in their contempt for those that do not agree with them. If enough of them are CL's they will be able to push their opinions rather than fairly moderating. Not enough checks and balances here.

That is the dumbest idea I've ever heard and I disagree with it. J/k

Do you have a suggestion on a better system? While I'll be the first to admit the current system has flaws it actually functions very well behind the scenes. Feelings do occasionally get hurt but generally no one walks away bleeding. It's also important to remember that the rank and file members do have a check and balance power here. You might call it the ultimate check and balance because if the CLs ever got overly strict or overly lenient members simply vote with their feet. Make no mistake the CLs notice when the regulars stop checking in and they notice when new members don't stick around.

One last thing to keep in mind is that while this site appears to be run as a kind of bureaucracy it's really more of a benevolent dictatorship. Final authority rests with Matt and he has a vision for EMTLIFE and is very protective of the site. The site stays primarily neutral because Matt is very good at staying neutral and the CLs follow his lead. The sheer amount of grief I've seen Matt endure without loosing his objectivity is humbling. While Matt gives the CLs a great deal of independence and is great about soliciting and accepting input from the CLs make no mistake he keeps a very close eye on this place. So long as Matt is in charge of this site it will stay as open and neutral as it reasonably can be and Matt ain't going anywhere.

Of course if all else fails I'll just have to come out of retirement and straighten things out in the traditional CL style. Gypsy knife fight with fiddle music in the CL break room.

Achilles

Forum Moron
A big part of the reason we have multiple mods is so we act as a check and balance on each other. When I was a CL I had my decisions overturned multiple times as did all the other CLs. We all had our touchy topics that we would occasionally loose our objectivity on but when we did we would be ego checked pretty quickly.

But what happens when even the CL's get a warning then does it go up to MMIZ or do y'all try to work it out in your private forum?

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
But what happens when even the CL's get a warning then does it go up to MMIZ or do y'all try to work it out in your private forum?

Every warning and infraction issued by any CL is automatically reviewed by the rest of us. If we disagree with it, we will reverse it.

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
So the 50+ spammers that you ban every day; you all talk about why the spammer should or should not be banned?

Spammers are a different situation, and they are banned on sight.

Last edited by a moderator:

JPINFV

Gadfly

...and I've been told that the rule was that no mod could overrule another mod. Sure, if a mod could be persuaded to overturn an infraction, then fine. However it was always in the hands of the issuing moderator. Of course I will note that both times change.

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
...and I've been told that the rule was that no mod could overrule another mod. Sure, if a mod could be persuaded to overturn an infraction, then fine. However it was always in the hands of the issuing moderator. Of course I will note that both times change.

That has changed based upon past experiences. Any of us can overturn a warning/infraction/ban, but by policy we will not do it unless the majority of us agree it needs to be done.

JDub

Forum Lieutenant
If firefite does not win a CL spot, I am gonna demand a recount of the votes.

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

The results that you see in the poll will not be the final results. Some votes will be discarded because members voted for more than three candidates.

Achilles

Forum Moron
The results that you see in the poll will not be the final results. Some votes will be discarded because members voted for more than three candidates.

Really? Like whom?

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Really? Like whom?

You would be amazed at how hard it is for people to follow a simple set of directions. Wait scratch that you're in EMS that should have been day one learning.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Wait... it wasn't "vote for at least two of the following?"

I'm happy I stayed with 3 people then.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

Personally I can't stand that firefite guy. Complete a$$hole :rofl:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Wait... it wasn't "vote for at least two of the following?"

I'm happy I stayed with 3 people then.

Well actually it originally said "vote for firefite and then 2 others". I guess the CLs decided to give everyone a chance haha

Status
Not open for further replies.