• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

medic417

The Truth Provider

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Key word is "actual." There's 421,493 posts in the forum (plus a few more made when I was adding it up). That's quite a few less than 1 billion posts that MMiz "claims" to have. That makes the "4130" part of his post count much more likely to be his true post count.

Postcount++

Actually, that isn't correct, either.
Some time ago, maybe '07?, Matt did a major upgrade to the forum. As part of that upgrade HIS post count got reset. So he added a few decimal places. If he hadn't lost the posts AND inflated his stats, he's probably be on the border of the top 5 posters. But it's his site, so if he wants to have that many posts - doesn't bother me.

It's also funny you mention post count. I used to post a WHOLE lot more, except that being on the CL team kinda takes some of the fun away. Granted, it's nice to just be able to swing the banhammer at trolls :nosoupfortroll:, but the feel of the site isn't the same as when I was posting 20 or 30 posts a day, and was just here because it was fun.

I've had a few myself. I really think we should be allowed to have a member of the "troublemakers" on the board to help keep things balanced. ;)
While not everyone on the list has infractions - some sure do. And they usually earned them. Bear in mind, in my case, I've been a member here for 8 years. I've done a lot of growing up over that time, as have many other members. There used to be jokes about how I wasn't old enough to drink. Now, I've actually had beers with several members of the forum over the years, from BigBaldGuy and TransportJockey, to N7LXI, Christopher, and others. Guess what - everyone's at least as cool in real life as they are here on the forum.

Just because you aren't on this list, doesn't mean you won't make it next time. There are many names on this list that weren't thought of last election, and there are others that keep agreeing to stand for election, with the hopes that their peers will see how awesome we think they are.

Last edited by a moderator:

medic417

The Truth Provider
If nominated I will not accept it. If elected I will not serve.

medic417

The Truth Provider

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I'm actually surprised I have not had any infractions or anything at all :wacko:

medic417

The Truth Provider

medic417

The Truth Provider
OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

medic417

The Truth Provider
I see now the kind of ethics those running for office have. No hope for reform at this place.:wacko:

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Thanks for the kind words Jon. I actually have a guest room now. Next time you visit, no couch.

Anyway, I was honored to be selected as a prospective CL.

No stump speech for me.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Now, I've actually had beers with several members of the forum over the years, from BigBaldGuy and TransportJockey, to N7LXI, Christopher, and others. Guess what - everyone's at least as cool in real life as they are here on the forum.

Actually Jon's way cooler in real life.

I sadly am way balder but considerably smaller in real life :/

Anybody on this list will make an excellent CL and there are 2 in particular who I have many times thought about nominating the next time around. Unfortunetly I can only throw three of you under the bus so Aidey, N7LXI, and epido, sorry *giggles evily*. Oh the wonders you will see and the horrors you will know.

*runs back into the bushes making helicopter noises*

bigbaldguy

Key word is "actual." There's 421,493 posts in the forum (plus a few more made when I was adding it up). That's quite a few less than 1 billion posts that MMiz "claims" to have. That makes the "4130" part of his post count much more likely to be his true post count.

Postcount++

There's a whole other forum only for moderators where there are billions upon billions of posts. Yes JP as you've long suspected nearly all of them are about you :)

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Just an update, the election will end one week earlier than originally posted, so please be sure to get your vote in.

bigbaldguy

Just an update, the election will end one week earlier than originally posted, so please be sure to get your vote in.

Oh if this were a national election you would be in so much trouble right now :angry:

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Oh if this were a national election you would be in so much trouble right now :angry:

Why? We're near the same level of results we've had the past two elections, and a week is more than enough time for members to vote.

At least we told everyone about it instead of changing it and not saying anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.