You might work for a private if.....

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
If your dispatchers sleep with the EMTs.....

Makes life on the ambulance easy. After a break up happens it makes life a living hell on the ambulance.

I have had a bad experience working with a guy who broke up with one of the dispatchers....it took about a week of being held over until he told me what the deal was....

Meursault

Organic Mechanic
You haven't seen the dispatchers at a private then.

Bear in mind some of us who work at privates haven't either.

I'm not entirely unconvinced they haven't outsourced the whole operation to India. It would explain their geographic knowledge and clinical acumen.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Bear in mind some of us who work at privates haven't either.

I'm not entirely unconvinced they haven't outsourced the whole operation to India. It would explain their geographic knowledge and clinical acumen.

I make a point to stop by dispatch after every shift just to ensure that what you said hasn't occurred. Then I try and say something nice to them in an attempt to display goodwill before quickly fleeing.

EMT4MX

Forum Ride Along
Private and you know it

Your ambulance has and 888 number or area code on it other than 911!

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I make a point to stop by dispatch after every shift just to ensure that what you said hasn't occurred. Then I try and say something nice to them in an attempt to display goodwill before quickly fleeing.

We have to go turn in paper AMAs and ECG sheets at EOS in the dispatch center so I see ours all the time. We have 1 dispatcher who is smokin' hott, too bad she's married :(

You can technically avoid having to turn the papers in if you bluetooth your ECGs from the monitor into your ePCR and do all the AMA/RMA signatures on the laptop but it ends up being easier to use the paper. Plus I'm not handing most of the urban outdoorsmen a 5000 dollar toughbook when they are covered in vomit and urine.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
We have to go turn in paper AMAs and ECG sheets at EOS in the dispatch center so I see ours all the time. We have 1 dispatcher who is smokin' hott, too bad she's married :(

You can technically avoid having to turn the papers in if you bluetooth your ECGs from the monitor into your ePCR and do all the AMA/RMA signatures on the laptop but it ends up being easier to use the paper. Plus I'm not handing most of the urban outdoorsmen a 5000 dollar toughbook when they are covered in vomit and urine.

Someone has to go into dispatch to give them the fuel slip, but even if my partner has it I still want to make nice with them. I've never had a problem with a dispatcher and after working with partners who had, I am doing all in my power to be friendly. Some of our dispatchers are hysterical too and they have a flatscreen.

Also, though they aren't technically supervisors, we have no management on at night so if you give them a heads up about something at the end of your shift the day before, they might let you off early.

DrParasite

NVRob;374679Plus I'm not handing most of the urban outdoorsmen a 5000 dollar toughbook when they are covered in vomit and urine.[/QUOTE said:
oddly enough, I will hand the urban outdoorsmen my toughbook before I give them my pen and clip board with paper charts any day.

Once they sign the toughbook, I can hose it off, douse it with alcohol, and remove any cooties. with the pen, they give me back my pen that I have to touch (unless you have burner pens, which get costly when yo do 12-20 jobs in a 12 hr shift), or the paper, which has to stay in the ambulance until I turn it in when it's covered with various body fluids.

SoCal911

Forum Lieutenant
If you're instructed to drive past a car accident with people waving you down to continue enroute to your dialysis call, without a patient mind you.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
oddly enough, I will hand the urban outdoorsmen my toughbook before I give them my pen and clip board with paper charts any day.

Once they sign the toughbook, I can hose it off, douse it with alcohol, and remove any cooties. with the pen, they give me back my pen that I have to touch (unless you have burner pens, which get costly when yo do 12-20 jobs in a 12 hr shift), or the paper, which has to stay in the ambulance until I turn it in when it's covered with various body fluids.

Congratulations?

It's still easier to hand them a metal clipboard with a paper AMA/RMA on it then wipe it down with cidex when they are finished.

I'd love to see someone hose off a toughbook. I will gladly laugh when it shorts out. We have the highend tough books. They are water-resistant not water-proof.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
If you're instructed to drive past a car accident with people waving you down to continue enroute to your dialysis call, without a patient mind you.

Instructed? By who?

Don't you have a duty to act? to stop and at least render aid until the "REAL" EMS folks get there?

DrParasite

I'd love to see someone hose off a toughbook. I will gladly laugh when it shorts out. We have the highend tough books. They are water-resistant not water-proof.
don't you remember the TV commercials? the engineer at the construction site spilled his coffee on the keyboard, he shook it off and kept working.

water resistant means you can hose it off. assuming you don't literally hose off for several minutes. water proof is because you can't submerge the toughbook.

I have used many in torrential downpours, as well as cleaned them off. how many toughbooks have you shorted out?

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief

I have a patient mechanical pencil without the lead hanging on the net to sign!

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader

Those wipes work on pens and clipboards too...