You might work for a private if.....

joeboo

Forum Probie
You might work for private ambulance company if....

Your ambulances drivers side armrest is always broken...:sad:

or

Your trucks are fully stocked with stolen sani-wipes taken from your favorite emergency rooms...

now y'ALL give it a try!:rofl:

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
You work with this guy:

Mother+First+Appearance.JPG

jkuzak

Forum Ride Along
If the stretcher say a certain truck on them and they never fit right in the pin clasp because the same stretcher is never in the right truck.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
The first number in the truck's odometer is a "4" and it has five more numbers behind it...

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
The first number in the truck's odometer is a "4" and it has five more numbers behind it...

Dang. And we're complaining that an '08 front line truck is at 250k miles. My current ride has 211k miles and should get replaced near the end of the year.

I work for a private and I really don't have anything to contibrute.

Sent from my electronic overbearing life controller

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Dang. And we're complaining that an '08 front line truck is at 250k miles. My current ride has 211k miles and should get replaced near the end of the year.

It's technically a spare, but we've been in it so much it might as well be our frontline. Our frontline had 273,000, but no word on a replacement.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

We have a couple units with that many miles. Once they reach 250k miles they are removed from ALS 911 calls and put only as BLS units.

Epi-do

I see dead people
You have gotten off shift at least two hours late for so many days in a row that you think they changed your off time and neglected to tell you.

nemedic

Forum Captain
You have gotten off shift at least two hours late for so many days in a row that you think they changed your off time and neglected to tell you.

+10.

On a similar thread, you are annoyed by the constant emails/texts/calls offering OT, and then receiving an immediate text afterwards by the field sup/schedulers telling you that you are ineligible because you (volunteeringly, besides the "call that has been holding" that ends up being a discharge where the real reason we were called was the hospital was tired of the guy *****ing that he was waiting 5 hours for a taxi) have too much OT already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

usalsfyre

You have my stapler

Went 12 shifts in a row one time getting off at least 30 minutes late. Considering we work 24s...yeah...

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief

Scratch that. This happened to us recently. When our day crew said they would just start showing up at 0800 or later for our 0700 crew change it wasn't near as funny as they thought.
My timesheet has already flagged itself this week for my actual hours way exceeding what I was scheduled for.

Last edited by a moderator:

dmc2007

Forum Captain
If the stretcher say a certain truck on them and they never fit right in the pin clasp because the same stretcher is never in the right truck.

In this vein, every piece of equipment in your truck is labeled with a unit number, none of which actually reflect the unit they're assigned to.

At least one of your trucks has some evidence of its former life at a different company.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Your last scheduled shift for the week mysteriously dissapears leaving you with only three 12s this week so they don't have to pay you OT

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
In this vein, every piece of equipment in your truck is labeled with a unit number, none of which actually reflect the unit they're assigned to.
And the numbers on the equipment are usually from retired units....

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
And the numbers on the equipment are usually from retired units....

You wish - the numbers are actually the year the equipment was put into service.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
You wish - the numbers are actually the year the equipment was put into service.

2691? Wow... I would love to know where my service keeps the time machine

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
When you get shorted 24 hours of OT because the payroll system doesn't recognize 25 hours straight (or longer).

when you get told at 1000 at start of your shift (1000-1800) that you are going to Chicago leaving your city at 1500 (3 hours one way) because all of the medics that get off after you do refused, and if you are your partner refuse you will be suspended (remember that day Epi?).

When you get off late so many shifts in a row that your partner actually reads the info sheet at the hospital and ends up applying and getting a job at a FD, so she is only late getting off every 3rd day.

WHen the new trucks have over 200,000 miles on them.

When all the packages have turned yellow or brown. and the O2 tubing is yellow.

When management asks if we can reuse more items: like C-collars due to there not being ALOT of blood on it.

When you can right a narrative that gets paid by insurance every time; and not have any medical information about the patient on it.

Epi-do

I see dead people
when you get told at 1000 at start of your shift (1000-1800) that you are going to Chicago leaving your city at 1500 (3 hours one way) because all of the medics that get off after you do refused, and if you are your partner refuse you will be suspended (remember that day Epi?).

Was this the guy that didn't have any arms - just hands attached to his shoulders? I remember thinking there was no way I could get a blood pressure on him, because his legs were also deformed and too contracted to be a candidate for use, either.

When you get off late so many shifts in a row that your partner actually reads the info sheet at the hospital and ends up applying and getting a job at a FD, so she is only late getting off every 3rd day.

Aww....you just didn't want to give up the most awesomest, coolest partner you ever did or will have! :p