What did you have to do to get into Paramedic school?

Naota_X

Forum Crew Member
i had to take the hobet test but my teacher said it didnt matter what u got on it just a state requirement <_< i live in MI i needed money 2
sorry for the double post im still getting used to the format stuff here -_-

Last edited by a moderator:

somePerson

Forum Crew Member
I went to a community college program. It required 1 year full-time EMT experiance, paramedic-prep course from the college, A&P to apply. Than a 200 question EMT-basic test, math quiz (absurd long devision with decimals/fractions/division/multiplication), and medical terminalogy test.

If you pass all that, you get invited to an Interview, and you run a simulation at an EMT-Basic level at the start (they don't tell you if you pass or fail). After that an interview with 3 instructors from the college, basic interview questions at first, than they ask questions about your simulation like "Tell me what you was wrong with your patient?", so if he was a CHFER "Tell me the pathyphysiology of CHF" and than "What are some typical home meds a CHFER would have at home?".

Typing all this makes the requirments sound hard, but looking back, if you wanted to be a medic and worked atleast 1 year as an EMT and are motivated to be a good paramedic it's information that you should be expected to know and is nothing absurd.