What are hobbies of EMTs and Paramedics?

TimRaven

Forum Crew Member
Competition shooting (USPSA/IDPA), hiking, backpacking.
And taking CE courses (if that counts a hobby ;))

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Competition shooting (USPSA/IDPA), hiking, backpacking.
What division? I shot USPSA for 10 years before work and kids put a halt to it. My brother ended up as a pro 3gunner.

Hobbies now are fishing, horses, and running the kids around. One day I'll get back into hunting and shooting, and I'm trying my hand at some woodworking and carpentry too.

joshrunkle35

EMT-P/RN

I'd say it does, for me too, at least. It's one thing to take the amount required. Another to take a couple extra to be in the safe zone for CE requirements, or take a few extra because the topics might be interesting. A whole different thing to take as many classes as you can afford. I'm in the latter category.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I'd say it does, for me too, at least. It's one thing to take the amount required. Another to take a couple extra to be in the safe zone for CE requirements, or take a few extra because the topics might be interesting. A whole different thing to take as many classes as you can afford. I'm in the latter category.
I'm in the latter as well. Which is nice that my hospital and company provide a lot of free options lol

NightShiftMedic

Forum Probie
Riding and maintaining my old motorcycle ('75 BMW), rock climbing, Aikido, hiking, and brewing beer. All except rock climbing are on hold until I finish up here in the desert. I can't wait to be able to get back to them.

RedAirplane

Forum Asst. Chief
Aviation
Martial Arts
EMS :) [Still at a hobby/interest stage for me]
Creative problem solving
Blackjack (I should go easy on this)
Cooking desserts (Again, need to go easy here)
Travel
Spanish Language / Modern Latin American History/Culture

rapple

Forum Ride Along
Seems like a lot of the EMS guys are into out doors stuff and being fit, healthy mind and body! I'm into martial arts - Kung fu, Karate, and Brazilian Jujitsu, Racing/driving Just about anything Automotive, Photography.

OP
OP
NUPIEMT

NUPIEMT

Forum Probie
Riding and maintaining my old motorcycle ('75 BMW), rock climbing, Aikido, hiking, and brewing beer. All except rock climbing are on hold until I finish up here in the desert. I can't wait to be able to get back to them.
Awesome! I climb as well! What do you means by "desert?" We talking Joshua Tree area by chance??

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
Photography, hiking, video games, occasionally studying outside work. Photography has been what I've been doing the most of recently!

Fire51

Forum Lieutenant
I love fishing. I like four wheeling or just being up in the mountains, I really want to start getting into dirt bike riding, I also like camping. So I pretty much love just being outdoors in the woods/mountains, or just fishing some where.

NightShiftMedic

Forum Probie
Awesome! I climb as well! What do you means by "desert?" We talking Joshua Tree area by chance??
No, I live in Saudi Arabia right now. That kind of desert. No place for Aikido as far as I've been able to find. We have an indoor rock wall on my compound that's not bad, but it's run by the school and they're not keen on us using it. My motorcycle is at my parents house in Massachusetts. The brewing beer part just doesn't happen here either, alcohol is illegal in this country :(

TimRaven

Forum Crew Member
What division? I shot USPSA for 10 years before work and kids put a halt to it. My brother ended up as a pro 3gunner.

Hobbies now are fishing, horses, and running the kids around. One day I'll get back into hunting and shooting, and I'm trying my hand at some woodworking and carpentry too.

I only shoot production at the moment. But might expend in the future when I have resources.

Anjel

Forum Angel