we have Live Chat!??

TraprMike

Forum Lieutenant
does this mean we can argue in real time??? Im getting more popcorn..

C.T.E.M.R.

Forum Lieutenant
yeah we do have live chat ill be on if ya wanna argue!:) LOL but seriuosly if you do want to chat i will be on.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
I keep forgetting to suggest, "Tinychat" to the admins, as it is nowhere near as slow as flashchat, and it has tons more features, such as the ability to cam.. so people can call each other ugly as well as insult them as an EMT. It is really quite an excellent solution.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I keep forgetting to suggest, "Tinychat" to the admins, as it is nowhere near as slow as flashchat, and it has tons more features, such as the ability to cam.. so people can call each other ugly as well as insult them as an EMT. It is really quite an excellent solution.

:-D Second that!

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
LiveChat used to be a lot more popular... but has dropped off. Resurrect?

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

We'll look into it and discuss it. But just a reminder to all of our members. Our forum rules apply in the chat room as well as the forum.
http://www.emtlife.com/showthread.php?t=8438

Last edited by a moderator:

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Thanks ffemt. I am sure you know we were kidding about the whole bashing each other thing. Tinychat could be a nice addition, I know I enjoy it. Plus, you can generate a room code on the fly and secure it with the vars.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
We've looked at TinyChat and have several issues with it (primarily with what is being broadcast by it's users on their cams). As of right now, we're going to stick with flashchat but will start looking for a replacement.

Harvey

Forum Lieutenant
Ive never seen anyone on there. Chat is Dead. New mandate Mr. Brown will monitor chat 24/7, it will be the hip place to hang out now. All in favor say aye!

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
We've looked at TinyChat and have several issues with it (primarily with what is being broadcast by it's users on their cams). As of right now, we're going to stick with flashchat but will start looking for a replacement.

You know you can get your own private room right? You can even block the ability to cam and set mod priveleges programatically via the variables you pass into the script.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
You know you can get your own private room right? You can even block the ability to cam and set mod priveleges programatically via the variables you pass into the script.

Yes, but if we block the ability to cam, what makes it different AND better than what we're using now?

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Yes, but if we block the ability to cam, what makes it different AND better than what we're using now?

The speed, response time of the script, overall availability, the intuitive interface, need I go on?

Simusid

Forum Captain
I'll probably try to drop in there during various lunch breaks. Chat rooms need a critical mass of regulars or they just shrivel up and die

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
The speed, response time of the script, overall availability, the intuitive interface, need I go on?

In the five years that we've had the chat room open not once has any of those been a problem with us.