Things left behind.....

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
I am lovin' the fact that so many people have forgotten their partners and crewmates at the station and at the hospitals. I can understand leaving small items and such in the heat of the moment or when you are exhausted and absent minded... but damn... it is another human being that would seem to be kinda important... LOL :rolleyes: Seriously... 30-45 minutes before you noticed? I am glad that no one has ever forgotten their partner at the scene!!!

cwilliamson

Forum Probie
hahaha i didnt know that was him! i just got the text lol thats just funny! and yes 700 does have a touch of CDO!!

Sasha

Forum Chief
I am lovin' the fact that so many people have forgotten their partners and crewmates at the station and at the hospitals. I can understand leaving small items and such in the heat of the moment or when you are exhausted and absent minded... but damn... it is another human being that would seem to be kinda important... LOL :rolleyes: Seriously... 30-45 minutes before you noticed? I am glad that no one has ever forgotten their partner at the scene!!!

I like how people list it as "forgotten". I wonder how many partners were left "acidentally on purpouse"

OP
OP
Medic744

Medic744

Forum Captain
Boy the only mega code Im running tonight is when John and I run over there and beat you! LOL Muah!

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
Wow, I have no idea how you would leave your partner behind. Or your cot for that matter!!!!

I forgot an O2 bottle once, but we went back there an hout alter so I recovered it and no one found out about it.

OP
OP
Medic744

Medic744

Forum Captain
I haven't done it but I know that a few people have left behind a couple of firefighters when they ride in with us on a code. They wander off to the EMS recovery room and they get forgotten. But leaving my partner, I've thought about it with a couple of them but haven't done it. ^_^

emt_angel25

Forum Lieutenant
i personally have left O2. but one of our crews left the cot at a hospital 45 min away from our district. YIKES!!!

Medic506

Forum Probie
Fire dispatch called me in our dispatch center just the other night to tell me that one of my crews had left their stretcher on scene. After they finished the call I had one of them call me.

Me: Hey, Dispatch said y'all forgot your backboard on scene, so PD is gonna take it to Fire Station 6 for ya to pick up.

Crew: Eh, I'm not worried about it. We'll grab another one, I"m sure Station 6 can find a use for it.

Me: Sounds good to me!

I've also had crews forget airway bags, laptops and drug boxes behind. Kinda sucks cuz we get warnings filed in our accounts for leaving anything behind...thanks goodness I'm mainly a dispatcher!

Last edited by a moderator:

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Tonight, one of our cres left their gurney behind. ... (us)xxxx to xxx return to ucsd for gurney pickup. Dispatch - uhm, xxxx what, that's my job?!

OP
OP
Medic744

Medic744

Forum Captain
I realllllly hope you found it; sounds expensive!!

Wasn't me but the offgoing crew. The code was at a vol. FF family members house so he was nice enough to hold onto it until our Director went back to get it. Not sure how much it is just know we only have the one handle and one blade. The rest of the intubation kit is the standard handle and blades.

Rob123

Forum Crew Member
Of all the things Ive lost, I miss my mind the most.
--Mark Twain

Seriously... Pens, pens and more pens.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I left my partner behind once... does that count?

fortsmithman

Forum Deputy Chief
In between calls I was to change the spare 02 tank in the trauma bag. We got another call while I was changing the tank we left for the call. I forgot the tank in the ambulance. Luckily we keep 3 spare tanks in a forward cabinet. On the second call I forgot to take the trauma bag with us. Myself and another member got the keys to the scene by the pt's wife. I haven't forgotten those items since then. I always make sure we take the trauma bag from the scene.

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
On the last shift I was on my partner and I lost probably collectively 10 pens from mainly 2 runs. The first run one pen fell out of my pocket while on scene and the other when we got to the hospital. I was holding pressure and it was a true load an go so I just let the pens go. couple of them were dropped in 2 liters of blood so they were not worth cleaning. And on the MVA the other responding crew couldn't find their pens we we lent them ours. My partner also left his radio in a 2 liter puddle of blood and didn't realize he lost it until we got to the hospital. Fortunately for him I saw it and wrapped it in a towel before I took pressure from him and it was sitting in the wheel well ready for him to clean after the run!