Things left behind.....

Medic744

Forum Captain
What has a employee at your service (or you) left behind at a scene or hospital, or any place for that matter? Haven't stopped giggling since my partner and I started thinkng of things we have had to hunt down around here.
Examples
Glucometers- 2 at different scenes (same medic)
Portable O2 at the hospital(me, and I worked for a private service at the time and was called in on my day off to find and return it)
Gas cap at gas station (not sure how the guy managed that one since it was attatched to the truck)
Fiberoptic laryngoscope on scene
Portable O2 AND Stretcher at hospital (they realized it when they got back to the station and had to go out of service to retrive it)

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Generally, the only thing I've ever left at the hospital was the patient...:p

jtb_E10

Forum Crew Member
What has a employee at your service (or you) left behind at a scene or hospital, or any place for that matter? Haven't stopped giggling since my partner and I started thinkng of things we have had to hunt down around here.
Examples
Glucometers- 2 at different scenes (same medic)
Portable O2 at the hospital(me, and I worked for a private service at the time and was called in on my day off to find and return it)
Gas cap at gas station (not sure how the guy managed that one since it was attatched to the truck)
Fiberoptic laryngoscope on scene
Portable O2 AND Stretcher at hospital (they realized it when they got back to the station and had to go out of service to retrive it)

This lady I used to work with left behind her clipboard with ALL of her patient care reports she had in it for the day at one of the hospitals in the state capitol over an hour away...boss made her drive over and get it when she was supposed to be off work...:wacko:

OP
OP
Medic744

Medic744

Forum Captain
I admit to the O2 but the rest of the stuff is all left by others. I think we all have our moments. LOL ^_^

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I've left behind an O2 tank, far too many pillows, blankets, and even my pager.

Epi-do

I see dead people
I had come on shift, and while doing the check-out on the truck, I open the back doors, and there is no cot. We had to drive downtown to one of the ERs the off-going crew had just dropped a patient off at to get it. Not only did they not put the cot in the ambulance, they forgot to make it as well.

Second

Forum Lieutenant
on my first real medical trauma was a stroke and I left our C bag at the house, but we got her to the hospital within an hour. the family brought it with them to the EC. I'm a student so I can make mistakes like that.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
See the "Dumbest Questions" thread...

:blush:
Didn't happen to me, but once the mechanics working on our resue truck took it for a test drive across the flightline to the base snack shop. They had left the right front lug nuts in their shop, the rim and tire came off and rolled onto the taxiway causing flight ops to close, and they gently slowed and stopped without dumping our tailheavy 1971 Powerwagon on it's nose.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
A friend of mine left his partner at the hospital and didn't realize it until he had driven 30-45 min. away. He thought he was sleeping in the back.

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I have been left at the station by partners (at the start of our shift). Needless to say, that set the tone for the day. (In his defense, we were giving a supervisor a ride, and I was supposed to be in the back).
It was a nice phonecall to dispatch. "Hey, its emt.dan, formerly from a-40. Would you mind calling partner back to base... he forgot me here...I'd like to reunite with my truck."

Afflixion

Forum Captain
D tank, laryngoscope with full set of ET Tubes, My brand new very expensive Oakleys at a CPR... yeah I didn't get those glasses back...didn't think it would be very polite to goto a Pt's house who died to get back my glasses... Yeah I left quite a bit of stuff behind now that I read that...

lafmedic1

Forum Crew Member
Left the portable oxygen tank we changed on scene at a code. Left the paramedic at the station during my orientation because the basic in the front told me he was in the back and the best was we found our stair chair on the side of the highway after getting cancelled on a call. Oh ya and found a patient sitting in a vintage 80s stair chair on a call. Dont know about that one.

GR1N53N

Forum Probie
As an EMR, I'd like to thank all of you for being forgetful. Our base gets incrementally more comfy every time you guys forget a pillow.
And of course, we love it when you leave us equipment!

OP
OP
Medic744

Medic744

Forum Captain
Yeah I forgot about leaving my radio at a local eatin place one night, and as I remembered it and we were headed back to get it we dropped my first CPR ever and I had to get the PD to head over and get it and explain to my director why a waitress was on the radio asking if anybody was going to retrive it.:rolleyes:

flhtci01

Forum Captain
OK technically I don't think I was 'left' at the hospital. It was my first call as a volunteer basic. We called for ALS (different company), I was bagging my patient and was told to go with the ALS unit. I thought our unit was following with the second patient. They tiered with air. After things settled down at the hospital, 15 miles away, I realized no one from our crew came. Had to call for a ride. There reply was "We forgot about you."

imurphy

Forum Captain
Control: Control to 15
Us: 15. Send
C: 15, are you ready and in service.
Us: (confused as we had called in clear 5 minutes previous) Yep. 15 in service, available
C: Are you sure......
Us: Yes control. Available
C: Check your Ambulance and try again.

So we looked around for a few minutes...

Us: 15, Control
C: 15 Send.
Us: So, I guess that lifepak 12 is important right
C: *Laughter* Yep! Want to go back to the hospital and retrieve it!

5 mins later.

Us: 15, we're in service again
C: Are you sure this time!!

cwilliamson

Forum Probie
medic744 you cant forget that one of our "special" medics left the pt and the stretcher and the ot o and the lifepack!

OP
OP
Medic744

Medic744

Forum Captain
I forgot he left the lifepak!!! Yeah hes responsible for the mismatched diesel caps that our OCD Director is stressing over.