The Official EMTLIFE Introduction Thread

JustMarti

Forum Probie
Intro

Hi, I'm Marti... 911 dispatcher for 18 years, EMT for local volunteer service for 8 years, CPR instructor for 7 years...in southeastern Minnesota.

hmmm, I got started in EMS a little late, went through the class with my daughter the year she turned 18. (beat her national score by a few points! hehehe)

I'm glad to see some posts from a few older "newbies". It's never too late to get started. (Might just be a little harder to get the old gray matter working again.)

I'm looking forward to learning from everyone and sharing information.

Solid_Snake

Forum Ride Along
Hi, my name's Pat and I'm considering becoming an EMT after my time in the military is up. That means I'm willing to take any advice any of y'all have on this subject. Any info on how good the job prospects will be for emt's a few years from now would be great. Also, any info on what the best types of emt/paramedic schools there are would also be great.

VFFforpeople

Forum Captain
Hi, my name's Pat and I'm considering becoming an EMT after my time in the military is up. That means I'm willing to take any advice any of y'all have on this subject. Any info on how good the job prospects will be for emt's a few years from now would be great. Also, any info on what the best types of emt/paramedic schools there are would also be great.

Hit the BLS area and hit the education and training link. Best places to start looking for the info you inquire about. Any thing else you can't find, the feel free to post.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief

First off, thank you for your service.

Check out the Education and Training section for some info.

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
Welcome the 3 of you!

Foxfire-Yes you can learn alot, take your time read through the posts, a few people in here I admire and know alot. (dont be like me a mouth off lol.) I learn more by listening then I do by speaking. You will do well!

Are you guys offended with alot of questions? I don't mean dumb ones, but more of the "trying to understand" type.
I tend to ask alot of questions, When I am trying to understand something. I don't want to close the door of oportunity to learn, with my clumsy way of trying to understand how people think in the EMS world.:unsure:

willbeflight

Forum Lieutenant
Im a Newbie

Hi everyone!! I am from Hendersonville NC and I am getting ready to start school in the fall for the EMT program. I am so excited!! I rode with the boys at Buncombe County EMS yesterday and got a tour of MAMA! I can die a happy woman! If anyone has any ideas to help me, please let me know. I can use all of the help I can get. Thanks :)

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Are you guys offended with alot of questions? I don't mean dumb ones, but more of the "trying to understand" type.
I tend to ask alot of questions, When I am trying to understand something. I don't want to close the door of oportunity to learn, with my clumsy way of trying to understand how people think in the EMS world.:unsure:
There are one or two people that might pick on you a bit. For the most part, if you're asking a serious question, you'll get an answer.

willbeflight

Forum Lieutenant
That's ok. I don't mind being picked on if I can learn from the situation. I want to be the best Medic I can be. My purpose in life is to live a life of purpose.....

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
There are one or two people that might pick on you a bit. For the most part, if you're asking a serious question, you'll get an answer.

Ok, I don't mind getting picked on. I learn from that too. I want to learn as much as I can here.
Thanks^_^

AaronMRT

Forum Probie
Hey all, my name is Aaron and I've been a MRT here in Connecticut for the past 5 years. I am in the process of joining my local volunteer ambulance and may be taking an EMT-B class in the somewhat near future. Me and my girlfriend have been together for the past 16+ years and we have 2 English Bulldogs, a French Bulldog, Sun Conure and an African Grey. I hope to learn alot while spending time in these forums. I know as an MRT, I am limited at what I can do, but I'm sure I will be able to pick up many tips here. Good to be here and see you in the forums! :)

TraumaFX

Forum Probie
Just thought I'd introduce myself - I've been in EMS for 25 years, career firefighter for 17, instructor for nearly 20, EMS director for 11. I think that makes me about 110 years old!
Anyway, great to be here. There seems to be allot of really good people here along with interesting discussions and advice.

willbeflight

Forum Lieutenant
Just thought I'd introduce myself - I've been in EMS for 25 years, career firefighter for 17, instructor for nearly 20, EMS director for 11. I think that makes me about 110 years old!
Anyway, great to be here. There seems to be allot of really good people here along with interesting discussions and advice.

Nice to meet you!! I'm Christy. I am sure I can learn alot from you! Welcome!!

Orion619

Forum Probie
Hello. 22/m Freshly licensed emt-b here in San Diego. Looking forward to all the good information and people that this forum has.

garett1979

Forum Probie
hey yall

My name is garett im two weeks shy of wrapping up my emt-b class.Im currently riding with one of the best squads in the state, with the best people in the world. My partner is a very intelligent awesome young lady you all may know as wildfire2209. We both plan on going career and cant think of anything else in the world wed rather be doing. I look forward to serving beside our fellow emt brothers and sisters, all be safe

BDB

Forum Ride Along
Hi, I'm new here, I just want to think everyone for their opinions and interesting posts. They really helped me learn what I was getting into with EMS. Cheers!