The Gun Thread

OP
OP
Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I was looking into that optic with the 365XL.I’ve been going back and forth between the Romeo 0 and Holosun 507c.

Purchased the Romeo 5 for my current AR build.
Yeah those two seem to get a lot of comparisons. I didn't even really look into the Holosun because the Romeo 0 gets great reviews and is about $100 less, plus I like Sig stuff in general.

How do you like the Romeo 5? I was also looking at that vs. spending a little more on an Eotech for one of my AR's.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Purchased the Romeo 5 for my current AR build.
How do you like the Romeo 5? I was also looking at that vs. spending a little more on an Eotech for one of my AR's.

Good budget optic vs an Eotech or a Aimpoint. Has NVG settings if your a high speed cool guy that has that sort of thing. Haven't had any battery issues since its been on my AR for about 3 years now.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Good budget optic vs an Eotech or a Aimpoint. Has NVG settings if your a high speed cool guy that has that sort of thing. Haven't had any battery issues since its been on my AR for about 3 years now.

Aimpoint gives special first responder discounts and such

CALEMT

Aimpoint gives special first responder discounts and such

Even with a discount the sig is still significantly cheaper. Is it as quality as a Aimpoint T2? No, absolutely not. The battery life and the construction of the Aimpoint blows the sig out of the water. Dot size is the same, brightness settings I believe are the same.

I don't know about anyone else of here, but I'm not expecting my Romeo 5 to survive an IED blast. I've banged my optic against trees and walls when I'm LARPing throughout the woods and my house and its still held zero. I paid in the upper $200 range, ~$275 for the sig vs $800 for the Aimpoint. To each their own.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Even with a discount the sig is still significantly cheaper. Is it as quality as a Aimpoint T2? No, absolutely not. The battery life and the construction of the Aimpoint blows the sig out of the water. Dot size is the same, brightness settings I believe are the same.

I don't know about anyone else of here, but I'm not expecting my Romeo 5 to survive an IED blast. I've banged my optic against trees and walls when I'm LARPing throughout the woods and my house and its still held zero. I paid in the upper $200 range, ~$275 for the sig vs $800 for the Aimpoint. To each their own.

Yeah, I'm not buying anything non essential right now. I've got a sig scope on my AR right now. Good enough and still very good.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
The PA advanced micro is hands down the best bang for the buck Red dot sight. I think I have approaching 3 years on the battery that's in it with constant on at medium power.

Last edited:

Rano Pano

Forum Lieutenant
Yeah those two seem to get a lot of comparisons. I didn't even really look into the Holosun because the Romeo 0 gets great reviews and is about $100 less, plus I like Sig stuff in general.

Yeah, I think it's a solid optic. It's definitely not the best, but for what I need it works wells. The price point difference can not be downplayed. They have options of the optic with both high and low mounts for around $200, or just the high mount for $130.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Things might be getting back to normal...ish.

I got a notification from buds online for an in stock rifle over a week ago and never bought it.

Was still in stock today so I bought it.

Also got a notification from midway for some rifle brass yesterday, didn't buy it till today. They sold out shortly after I ordered mine, but it didn't fly off the shelf.

CALEMT

Anyone here run a LPVO on their AR? I’m considering running one on my AR.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Anyone here run a LPVO on their AR? I’m considering running one on my AR.
I have a cheap Primary arms 1-4 on my m4gery and run the vortex strike fire on a hunting bolt rifle.

I like it enough to get another vortex to swap out that PA. The PA is nice but the illuminated reticle has a lot of splash.

CALEMT

I have a cheap Primary arms 1-4 on my m4gery and run the vortex strike fire on a hunting bolt rifle.

I like it enough to get another vortex to swap out that PA. The PA is nice but the illuminated reticle has a lot of splash.

Primary arms currently has trijicon Creedo’s and accupoint’s on sale. I want to retain close range abilities but also want to reach out better than a 2 MOA red dot.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Really wanting to get into long range shooting. But I need to pay off some debt before I buy a new gun and pick up a new hobby.

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
Really wanting to get into long range shooting. But I need to pay off some debt before I buy a new gun and pick up a new hobby.
Yeah good luck with that. I do long distance shooting with my AR and the typical setup I use runs about 3-4K with optic and mount included. Ammo is the real killer. Can’t find the good stuff easily and I don’t reload.

M3dicalR3dn3ck

Idolizes Johnny and Roy
I wish I wasn't poo—"financially challenged," I need to get a new EDC 9mm and I got a Sig build in mind. P320 80% FCU, mill it for a manual safety, full size metal frame (cerakoted OD green), OD green slide, Apex trigger, black threaded barrel (just for the extra length), 21 round M17 mags. Colorful phrasing where the serial number would go.

More likely I'll probably end up just getting another Canik until I really make the big bucks running on a truck

FiremanMike

Just a dude
I wish I wasn't poo—"financially challenged," I need to get a new EDC 9mm and I got a Sig build in mind. P320 80% FCU, mill it for a manual safety, full size metal frame (cerakoted OD green), OD green slide, Apex trigger, black threaded barrel (just for the extra length), 21 round M17 mags. Colorful phrasing where the serial number would go.

More likely I'll probably end up just getting another Canik until I really make the big bucks running on a truck
Sig p365 - thank me later :)

OP
OP
Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member

Why make it so complicated? Go buy a P365 or P365XL off the shelf for $500 and run it.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Sig P365 vs Glock 26 -- any comments?
All I will say is that Glock does offer the Blue Label discount for EMS. So that brings down the cost of it..