The Gun Thread

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
Genius. But I’m single, so I can buy what I want anyway. My buddy who also happens to have opened a gun store this year loves me. I’ve got a few grand worth of firearms and related accessories including a couple really nice knives waiting for me. Some stuff isn’t complete yet. We are either going to meet up or probably will have to make a small pallet to ship it all.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Plenty of potential wife replacements out there, not so much for the WW2 M1. I say roll the dice and buy the gun :)
There are no replacements. And she would never divorce me. But she might make herself a widow if I'm not careful. 😬

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

PotatoMedic

Clearly his wife is also on this forum.
Actually no. But she does have the log in. I am glad I didn't marry someone in ems or healthcare.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Last edited:

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Just found me an LWRC for wicked cheap, gotta love when people screw up listings :)

PotatoMedic

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Found 5.56 for 75 cents a round. I just wish ammo prices can be back to normal

OP
OP
Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Found 5.56 for 75 cents a round. I just wish ammo prices can be back to normal
Haven’t been as lucky.
I don't expect things to even start to normalize again until later this year, and maybe take a full year to get there once they start moving in the right direction. Depending of course on what new gun control infringements come out of the current congress and presidential administration.

However, things have definitely improved a little in my area. I mean the common calibers are still not easy to find, and when you do find them you can only get a couple boxes and they are way overpriced. But at least I'm seeing a little here and there now.....that's a lot more than I could say for most of last year, when I didn't see a single box of 9mm or 5.56 for months.

OTOH, in late December I bought 1000 rounds of PMC X-tac 55gr for $750 plus shipping from one of the retailers on ammoseek, and today I see the same ammo is $.90 a round, so who knows what is going on.......

The AK guys are laughing all the way to the bank, though. That stuff is cheap as hell compared to anything else.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Well you can't tell and not show.
I will! It's shipping... from Texas.... which is a bit problematic rn :(

Side note- does anybody have experience with the prism optics? Was thinking a burris 3x or a Sig 3x, but a bit worried w/ some reviews

OP
OP
Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I just mounted the Sig Romeo Zero red dot onto my P365XL. Pretty sweet little optic, especially for the price.

Rano Pano

Forum Lieutenant
I just mounted the Sig Romeo Zero red dot onto my P365XL. Pretty sweet little optic, especially for the price.
I was looking into that optic with the 365XL.I’ve been going back and forth between the Romeo 0 and Holosun 507c.

Purchased the Romeo 5 for my current AR build.