the 100% directionless thread

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Today starts the first day of a week off. Trip to the outer banks this weekend as my annual recompense for her continuing to put up with my shenanigans. Got a list of our favorite restaurants down there as well as one or two new ones. I can't complain about being overworked anymore, but I am damn sure excited to have a little time away.

OceanBossMan263

Forum Crew Member
Well, after some time contemplating a move entirely out of state, I ended up being re-offered the EHS job I was offered last year right before covid and had more or less entirely written off. I had interviewed and accepted a conditional offer, submitted background check authorization, and then the world shut down for a year. Thankfully, I did not have to repeat the canvas and interview process despite the job being reposted for new candidates.

Small risk leaving a very stable (sometimes too stable, as in lack of mobility within the organization) local government job, but this new gig is for a major commuter railroad with infinite room for upward and lateral movement after the first year, plus all of those RR perks. I may end up moving the family out to the boonies afterall, just in NY instead of NC.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
So I’m pulling two extra shifts this week because work is so understaffed. Should be fun.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
What do you call the little plastic, waxy containers you keep respiratory meds in? They remind me of wax bottles but plastic.

Albuterol, levalbuterol, Ipatropium come in them.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
What do you call the little plastic, waxy containers you keep respiratory meds in? They remind me of wax bottles but plastic.

Albuterol, levalbuterol, Ipatropium come in them.
I call them bullets. I’ve heard others refer to them as pillows. No idea what the actual name aside from a capsule would be.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I call them fish.

VentMonkey

Family Guy

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Because? No clue. Maybe cuz they look like fish?

I also call it a thing. As in, “hand me an albuterol thing”.

Side note, when I was in Northern Née Hampshire, the generic Quebecois word for “a thing” was “piton”
I've always called it an amp / ampule.

Never once have I looked at one and thought, "hey, that kind of looks like a fish". But now I will always think of a chubby fish when I see one.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I've always called it an amp / ampule.

Never once have I looked at one and thought, "hey, that kind of looks like a fish". But now I will always think of a chubby fish when I see one.
You are welcome.