the 100% directionless thread

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
At Sussex it was all in the Pyxis. Controlled and non. It was so easy to restock a med, I never thought twice about it.

It just makes so much more sense - they can track it all electronically.
I mean, especially for things that are used all the time - Zofran, aspirin, nitro, dextrose...

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
social media is the devils work!
upload_2017-4-6_18-42-56.png

Fido198674

Forum Crew Member
social media is the devils work!
View attachment 3707

I say the same but gotta have it. I had a question for you on background checks because you had gone into detail on an old thread but now I can't remember what it was. I haven't heard anything since I had to clear up I didn't graduate high school in 2017 (2005) and they weren't anywhere near the correct city, so no news is good news? I already have a start date

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
I say the same but gotta have it. I had a question for you on background checks because you had gone into detail on an old thread but now I can't remember what it was. I haven't heard anything since I had to clear up I didn't graduate high school in 2017 (2005) and they weren't anywhere near the correct city, so no news is good news? I already have a start date
i don't understand what your asking could you phrase it differently?
The background check has *insert your name here* living in a different city?

Fido198674

Forum Crew Member
i don't understand what your asking could you phrase it differently?
The background check has *insert your name here* living in a different city?

Like in the info I gave them last week, it said I lived in Albuquerque when I was a teen before joining the Navy and now living in Arizona years later. They came back two days ago saying they couldn't find my school in Arizona and put my age as 20... They jumbled everything up and came back saying they couldn't find any info. I just thought it was strange

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Like in the info I gave them last week, it said I lived in Albuquerque when I was a teen before joining the Navy and now living in Arizona years later. They came back two days ago saying they couldn't find my school in Arizona and put my age as 20... They jumbled everything up and came back saying they couldn't find any info. I just thought it was strange
depends what type of check they ran, if it was federal it's wrong because of DOD involvement(federal obviously). If it's a state check and you have no history in the state it could be. State checks aren't very useful in todays day in age though. PM me if you actually need one done. Or they just didn't enter your information right... which having used the interface is nearly impossible to do, since it has autofill after enough info has been entered

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Only in a fire station....

"Hey, we're going to get ice cream, what do you want?"
"Chocolate"
And I end up with a chocolate bar....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Only in a fire station....

"Hey, we're going to get ice cream, what do you want?"
"Chocolate"
And I end up with a chocolate bar....

well you actually made me laugh

Hey NysEms2117, will you run a couple Texas 28's for me for address and name? :eek:
PM

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Displeased the supervisors, blatantly misused by dispatch, a car cut waaaaay too close to us when walking back, and had a pt who I thought was gonna take a swing....These last 12ish shifts can't come soon enough.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Hmmm....elderly or had hip replacement surgery a week ago, 10/10 pain in same hip since the surgery, hasn't been taking any pain meds...calls us at midnight....demanding to go to her specific hospital (there's literally at least 5 other hospitals that would have been closer), even after we call said hospital and they said they were currently so backed up that there was an ambulance crew waiting for 3 hours, and people in the waiting room for 7 hours....still absolutely adamant we go there, while demanding we do something NOW for her pain (we're BLS, positioning supine hurts her spine, left lateral hurts her ribs, can't do right cuz that's the bad hip...)

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
demanding we do something NOW for her pain (we're BLS...
[sarcasm] Those patients are just the greatest! I really just love telling those little old ladies with 1 week-old hip replacements that while yes, this is an ambulance, I have absolutely nothing that I can give you for pain so you get to be on my very uncomfortable gurney until the hospital can take you to one of their rooms because you decided not to listen to me. [/sarcasm]
Ok, now that we're back to our regularly scheduled program, patients get to make their choices and they get to live with them, especially after we tell them what we recommend and what we're limited in doing for them. If I'm BLS, I can't give medication, including pain medication, even if I wanted to. Oh, well... I get paid the same going from call to call or holding a wall.

Dennhop

Forum Crew Member
Finally finished the stereo install in the wife's car...Had to order a noise suppressor for the backup camera to work. I'll never install another backup camera in a car again...Had to tear out half the interior to run the cables from the trunk to the head unit.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Finally finished the stereo install in the wife's car...Had to order a noise suppressor for the backup camera to work. I'll never install another backup camera in a car again...Had to tear out half the interior to run the cables from the trunk to the head unit.
I spend 4 hours yesterday installing an Amp, head unit, 2 6x9s and 2 3.5" dash speakers, and there is no interior in my truck right now.

That stuff went a lot faster 15 years ago when I last did it lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Hmmm....elderly or had hip replacement surgery a week ago, 10/10 pain in same hip since the surgery, hasn't been taking any pain meds...calls us at midnight....demanding to go to her specific hospital (there's literally at least 5 other hospitals that would have been closer), even after we call said hospital and they said they were currently so backed up that there was an ambulance crew waiting for 3 hours, and people in the waiting room for 7 hours....still absolutely adamant we go there, while demanding we do something NOW for her pain (we're BLS, positioning supine hurts her spine, left lateral hurts her ribs, can't do right cuz that's the bad hip...)

Tell her to take her pain meds... [emoji848]

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
@Jim37F What would happen if you called for an ALS unit for pain management, in general? (Not in this case, necessarily - but, say, for an isolated extremity fracture or something like that.)

dutemplar

Forum Captain
Back to work after a week in Turkey. 48 hours ago I was at the beach.. Now back at the desk. Ugh. With vacation schedules, the shifts get brutal this month and next for a while. Come on June!