the 100% directionless thread

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I am sure I am really late to the game but does everyone know about Dr. Levitan's website and book? Just ordered the book and can't wait. It really helps to see actual point of view pictures of airway anatomy.
http://www.airwaycam.com/airway-images-drawings/
Never too late for a good airway website, @Chase. Doctor Rich Levitan is well respected name in the SMACC world. Thanks for this though, I just added it to my "work folder" on thee ole' iFin.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Never too late for a good airway website, @Chase. Doctor Rich Levitan is well respected name in the SMACC world. Thanks for this though, I just added it to my "work folder" on thee ole' iFin.
There are a few free videos on the website which are great. Wish the video series wasn't $300. Wonder if I could convince the company to buy it.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
There are a few free videos on the website which are great. Wish the video series wasn't $300. Wonder if I could convince the company to buy it.
While you're at it could you talk to Dr. Walls about his course fees?

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I sat on the couch and ate ice cream all day. I don't feel bad.

This is my spirit animal. Just mix in beer and cheeseburgers.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
chicken joes is my spirit animal... could be why im becoming a heafty degenerate. but the foods tasting o so good while its happening

CALEMT

CALEMT

Lol, damn bro you are beast mode. I heard they max out now at like a 4x4 or some ish.

Yeah, I tried ordering a 6x6 one day after a did a 3.7 mile hike from sea level to 2,200 feet in wild land boots and a full wild land pack (did it in a hour 15). Anyway I was starvin like marvin and they denied my 6x6 request so I ordered 2 3x3's and stacked them.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
You and me both. I really like the *limits* of the protocols and the *general* operation here, there's just some ingrained this-is-how-we-do-it-because-reasons that I don't necessarily agree to a super-high level with...and that's a lot of places.
I am not sure that this will ever go away. When you get to the good services, it seems like everyone thinks they're the best. I like where I work a lot, and we have some very solid providers, but change is hard. There are definitely better ways to do some things than what we do, yet no one will get on board because that would mean more work.

I think eventually I want to be able to leverage my experience to live where I want and work there and make the best of it until I can promote to where I can actually make some change.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Welp, its 20:45 and I am STILL at drill -_- apparently there was some mandatory training that absolutely, positively, cannot leave until it gets done training for some guys who have an upcoming course a month away....and it's a 40hour online thing that the guys didn't realize HAD to be done by today (preferably before drill) so alas, I find myself sitting here while someone uses my laptop to finish this 40 hour course (started yesterday btw) before I can leave >< Oh and I have a 24 hour shift back in LA (a 2 hour drive from our drill location) that starts in like 10 hours from now so yay me (oh and my phone got ******* during our ruckmarch due to an unfortunate water crossing and refuses to turn on right now so Go Me!)

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Welp, its 20:45 and I am STILL at drill -_- apparently there was some mandatory training that absolutely, positively, cannot leave until it gets done training for some guys who have an upcoming course a month away....and it's a 40hour online thing that the guys didn't realize HAD to be done by today (preferably before drill) so alas, I find myself sitting here while someone uses my laptop to finish this 40 hour course (started yesterday btw) before I can leave >< Oh and I have a 24 hour shift back in LA (a 2 hour drive from our drill location) that starts in like 10 hours from now so yay me (oh and my phone got ******* during our ruckmarch due to an unfortunate water crossing and refuses to turn on right now so Go Me!)
But...Army beat Navy:cool:.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Such a glowing review of Army life. :p

VentMonkey

Family Guy
But Cowboys lost to the Giants. Ugh.
Indeed! Sorry Texas but I was able to rub it in a fellow co-workers (actually a close friend of mine) face. His supervisor status means nothing currently as I'd been waiting several weeks for this.

On a more serious note, let's see how Dak Prescott recovers from his first loss.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Late to the party but sounders won the MLS championship!!!!