the 100% directionless thread

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
First day as a medic and what record do I set? The most weight I have lifted in one shift. So many people over 300 pounds today and the ones that weren't were still close to it...and not even dudes that are 6'5 either. No idea what these folks weighed anymore, I just know that when we are lifting someone in the truck and I think "dammit, this feels heavier than I thought it would" multiple times throughout the day I did some kind of wrong in the world for dispatch to punish me. Starting to miss the nursing homes on the other side of the river

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
A Beer on me(if I can find you) if you can guess the riddle
Riddle: "a man is placed in a desert and is given a plastic shovel, has 8 feet thick concrete walls placed around him, including ceiling, how does he get out"
Dig through the desert sand below him? He's got concrete walls and roof, but no mention of a concrete floor....

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Dig through the desert sand below him? He's got concrete walls and roof, but no mention of a concrete floor....

Nope. And no door DE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Or there's only three walls around him.

All 4, connecting walls with ceiling no basement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
I feel like I'm stuck in a rut. I like the pay, benefits and the environment's OK, but....

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
I feel like I'm stuck in a rut. I like the pay, benefits and the environment's OK, but....
your health >pay and benefits... i learned it the hard way.. If YOU feel tired and exhausted and "so done" with that service, switch. It will catch up with you at some point.

RocketMedic

We're all going to apply at Orange County NC. Maybe we can all work together.

What's NC like for pay, benefits, etc?

I think a lot of it is that I just want to make a decently massive amount of money and not have to "promote" through years of unnecessaryness. Put another way...

Attachments

• 200_s.gif
    200_s.gif
    30.4 KB · Views: 194

RocketMedic

Rocket is running out of services. :)
It's not that I'm done with any particular service, I really just think that I need a new set of challenges to embrace and master. I kind of want to try teaching full-time but I like the OT and adrenaline and such. Either that, or maybe actual management. Supervisor was a silly, hard, and unrewarding role, but I think that I could manage the poop out of things given the right circumstances.

RocketMedic

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
It's not that I'm done with any particular service, I really just think that I need a new set of challenges to embrace and master. I kind of want to try teaching full-time but I like the OT and adrenaline and such. Either that, or maybe actual management. Supervisor was a silly, hard, and unrewarding role, but I think that I could manage the poop out of things given the right circumstances.
I would try and get you to come to NY, but i dont think thats realistic :(