the 100% directionless thread

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
We just did our flu vaccines. In a sick and twisted plot we give them to each other. Hopefully your partner likes you when you go to get them!

I don't know why I even get it, I get the damn flu every year anyways. Definitely seems shorter if I get the vaccine than if I don't though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We had a couple of days where we did hospital-wide flu vaccination of the employees. Unfortunately I wasn't anywhere near work on those days. Those of us that weren't there got to stick each other later in the week. I'm glad that one of my coworkers is a very good stick and that our needles are extremely sharp. Hardly felt the injection at all.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I opted for my partner to give me my vaccine this year. I gotta say, the guy has decent technique.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I have 5.5 hours left and got half of the ALS calls I need done. This might actually be my last field clinical. Getting to actually work Thursday would be great instead of doing another clinical.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
There has been nothing more jaw dropping and awe inspiring in my years in public service than the level of community support that I have seen today for our fallen Palm Springs Police officers. Just wow, no words to explain it. Makes me proud to serve the communities of the Coachella Valley.

dutemplar

Forum Captain
No audi Q6 or Q5 :(? out of those the performance of the XC70 will be best, but luxury of the GLC merc will most likely be best. Also BMW x3-x6? I can only assume you want "off roading" equipped cars.

Offroading would be idea, but I didnt see a lot of super rental car options. I remember a few had an Audi or two, but I actually don't know the brand. No range rovers, no jeeps, etc. I was pretty surprised how low the rental prices were compared to the US. Midget cars, economy, etc... with unlimited mileage for $7/ day. I don't plan on being too driving adventurous during the two weeks, but more concerned with handling at night, strange back roads, with rain or a little frostiness while bouncing up the highlands.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Offroading would be idea, but I didnt see a lot of super rental car options. I remember a few had an Audi or two, but I actually don't know the brand. No range rovers, no jeeps, etc. I was pretty surprised how low the rental prices were compared to the US. Midget cars, economy, etc... with unlimited mileage for $7/ day. I don't plan on being too driving adventurous during the two weeks, but more concerned with handling at night, strange back roads, with rain or a little frostiness while bouncing up the highlands.
Well if you want some car options lmk I can produce a 4wd or awd list of luxury SUVs to look for I know more about cars then ems probably lol

dutemplar

Forum Captain
Well if you want some car options lmk I can produce a 4wd or awd list of luxury SUVs to look for I know more about cars then ems probably lol

Their SUV options royally sucked. When I went to Texas last month, there were many options on SUVs and pickups, several convertibles, not so much on economy, midget, and smart cars. Looking at vehicles in Edinburgh is the opposite. No convertibles. One Mitsubishi small pickup truck, one crossover SUV, and tooooons of midget, economy, and smart cars. Very few American brands other than Ford Focus (normal, nice, and station wagon version).

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Their SUV options royally sucked. When I went to Texas last month, there were many options on SUVs and pickups, several convertibles, not so much on economy, midget, and smart cars. Looking at vehicles in Edinburgh is the opposite. No convertibles. One Mitsubishi small pickup truck, one crossover SUV, and tooooons of midget, economy, and smart cars. Very few American brands other than Ford Focus (normal, nice, and station wagon version).
Are you looking for any 4wd or awd cars? Or SUVs? Lots of stuff? Other people?

dutemplar

Forum Captain
Are you looking for any 4wd or awd cars? Or SUVs? Lots of stuff? Other people?

Probably just me, unless I find a cute scottish lass. Since I'll likely be shopping, two suitcases by the time I'm done, plus laptop and camera.

Pretty much whatever handles decently, is modestly comfy, preferably has built in navigation rather than Waze on my phone, and decent gas mileage (kilometerage?)

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Probably just me, unless I find a cute scottish lass. Since I'll likely be shopping, two suitcases by the time I'm done, plus laptop and camera.

Pretty much whatever handles decently, is modestly comfy, preferably has built in navigation rather than Waze on my phone, and decent gas mileage (kilometerage?)
Subaru wrx? Mitsu Lancers evo? Those are sedan like. They have no rovers? Would u be opposed to a pickup truck?
Nissan xtera may not be bad idk about comfort there though..
Honestly if it was me I'd get a ford raptor. Bbc top gear did a murder test on it to prove if your interested. On my cell so can't put the link.

dutemplar

Forum Captain
Bahahahahahahaa...

SUVs: Hyundai IX35 $32/day, Mercedes Benz GLC $60/day, Volvo XC60 $64/day, Volvo XC90 $84/day, Mercedes Benz ML $93/day.
Pickups: Mitsubishi L200 $35/day.
Luxury: Mercedes Benz C $32/day, Mercedes Benz E $38/day, Audi A5 $46/day, Audi A4 $72/day
Normal cars... mixed, up to about $26/day.

No Range Rovers, no Jeeps, no Raptors (one of the other CCPs here in Qatar has one),... not the most thrilling selection I've seen and it's like 8 different companies.

I was almost tempted by the stripped down economy for $7 a day and screw it.. live dangerously! :)

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Subaru is a normal car, the nissan xtera is like 25 grand MSRP in the states.
i could be wrong but the mitsubishi l200 was a pickup truck from 95' (or so i thought)
what cars are they giving you for under 26$ a day? that seems absurd.

dutemplar

Forum Captain
Subaru is a normal car, the nissan xtera is like 25 grand MSRP in the states.
i could be wrong but the mitsubishi l200 was a pickup truck from 95' (or so i thought)
what cars are they giving you for under 26$ a day? that seems absurd.

Fiat 500, Vauxhall Corsa, Citreon C1, Toyota Yaris, Chevy Aveo, Hyundai Accent... a bunch. I'm slightly pricier looking for handling, and automatic transmission. It's been waaaaaay too long since an old Toyota pickup with a column mount... and while touring the highlands? That would be a transmission trial by fire for sure.

Still under $20.. chevy malibu, fusion, G6,...

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Fiat 500, Vauxhall Corsa, Citreon C1, Toyota Yaris, Chevy Aveo, Hyundai Accent... a bunch. I'm slightly pricier looking for handling, and automatic transmission. It's been waaaaaay too long since an old Toyota pickup with a column mount... and while touring the highlands? That would be a transmission trial by fire for sure.

Still under $20.. chevy malibu, fusion, G6,...
If your looking to do any type of exploring either bring a really good shovel and a nice strong back. Or 4wd would be needed. some fusions come with it. Anything Chevy after 1970 I dislike personally.
Fiat vauxhalls and citreons will get stuck never ending on any kind of surface except perfect pavement.

dutemplar

Forum Captain
If your looking to do any type of exploring either bring a really good shovel and a nice strong back. Or 4wd would be needed. some fusions come with it. Anything Chevy after 1970 I dislike personally.
Fiat vauxhalls and citreons will get stuck never ending on any kind of surface except perfect pavement.

That's why this is such a hard pick. LOL. Especially since I haven't driven a manual since, uh, before I could drive. Over 30 years now. I don't plan to play play or do offroading but, well, I'm planning to drive the coastline and around to a few spots and there are a "few" hills there.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
That's why this is such a hard pick. LOL. Especially since I haven't driven a manual since, uh, before I could drive. Over 30 years now. I don't plan to play play or do offroading but, well, I'm planning to drive the coastline and around to a few spots and there are a "few" hills there.
See if any of them have semi auto? Is about all I can say now, if u go manual maybe they won't inspect it and you can grind it like a sunnnbich lol

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Gotta love high acuity days...

Started out with an ACEI induced angioedema patient that required a trip to the OR for an airway, moved on to a lady with symptomatic malignant hypertension and the vasculature of a fossil, and then intercepted BLS on a "medical alert" with the following EKGs.

29c1113ddcf4c36f737cda957dcf0b63.jpg

29bc38b7fc7c76662f6039f233269070.jpg

Little bit of everything!

VentMonkey

Family Guy

Started out with an ACEI induced angioedema patient that required a trip to the OR for an airway, moved on to a lady with symptomatic malignant hypertension and the vasculature of a fossil, and then intercepted BLS on a "medical alert" with the following EKGs.

29c1113ddcf4c36f737cda957dcf0b63.jpg

29bc38b7fc7c76662f6039f233269070.jpg

Why I still can't rule out Delaware as a possible option...

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief

I really wish the LP's would print out the strip in its entirity in lead II since it interprets different sections of the strip