the 100% directionless thread

Anjel

Forum Angel
I have 4x4s, neosporin and kerlix on now.

The issue I see with this is that coban is porous and the 4x4s are absorptive. I've got a couple days before I go back to let it all scab over, do you think that and the dressing will be enough of a barrier?

I like the saran wrap idea...

Maybe the Saran Wrap over the 4x4s just so all your sweat and oil won't be trapped in there.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
I decided it would be a great idea to grind some rocks into my forearm earlier when I took a tumble from my bike.

Usually when I have a small cut or something I'll throw a tegaderm over it while I'm working to keep nasties out, but the majority of the medial aspect of my forearm is abraded. What would you guys use to help keep an area that large pathogen resistant?
I usually put on a good helping of a triple antibiotic, base layer of non-stick 4x4's, then use Coban or something similar to hold it all together. Change it every day, if not 2x/day. After about 3-4 days, just focus on keeping the wound moist. It'll heal pretty well, probably minimal scarring.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
I have 4x4s, neosporin and kerlix on now.

The issue I see with this is that coban is porous and the 4x4s are absorptive. I've got a couple days before I go back to let it all scab over, do you think that and the dressing will be enough of a barrier?

I like the saran wrap idea...
If you put a good layer of triple abx on it, that becomes the moisture barrier. Normally I put the abx on the 4x4s and work it into the wound that way. In effect, you're making an occlusive dressing out of the abx cream and the gauze pads.

Fire51

Forum Lieutenant
I went out on a man in respiratory arrest today. I have seen people cyanotic before but not like this guy, I mean he was blue and purple on his entire face and hands. We had to fly him out so I don't know how he is doing at this point.

Anjel

Forum Angel
I went out on a man in respiratory arrest today. I have seen people cyanotic before but not like this guy, I mean he was blue and purple on his entire face and hands. We had to fly him out so I don't know how he is doing at this point.

He have a pulse?

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
If you put a good layer of triple abx on it, that becomes the moisture barrier. Normally I put the abx on the 4x4s and work it into the wound that way. In effect, you're making an occlusive dressing out of the abx cream and the gauze pads.

Ah, makes sense, thanks!

Anjel

Forum Angel
My grandma just told someone I was a "paramedic van driver". Close grandma. Close.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Text is something you can click send and then forget and say crap. Calling is where you have to have the nerve to say it with them on the other end of the phone. She might prefer the call...

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
What are the drawbacks of asking a girl out over text vs phone call?

Would you just send an email when following up on a job interview?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
If you want to be an awkward '90s kid about it. :p

Better yet, use AIM :rofl:

My dial up connection doesn't do well with AIM. Hopefully no one calls the home phone :D

Last edited by a moderator:

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
My dial up connection doesn't do well with AIM. Hopefully no one calls the home phone :D
Don't make fun. We only got rid of dial up like a year ago... Finally joined the 21st century :rofl:
Edit: Also... Reese's! (Yes that does say 1 lb)
3w0OxmC.jpg

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Aren't those like $20?
They were $15. My family doesn't buy presents for everybody anymore (we celebrate Christmas with the whole family. Normally around 20 people), so we do a similar thing to a white elephant with a $20 cap. I bought that as a joke for it.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Don't make fun. We only got rid of dial up like a year ago... Finally joined the 21st century :rofl:
Edit: Also... Reese's! (Yes that does say 1 lb)
3w0OxmC.jpg

Dude I want that lol

EMDispatch

IAED EMD-Q/EMT
Is there really a need to make sure the medic talks down to me and stroke his ego over the radio?

At least it was better then them telling me how to do my job, which is usually the norm.