the 100% directionless thread

Anjel

Forum Angel
We just hit call 3500 for the month. This is the Highest run number I've seen in the year working here.

Us alone have done over 40 calls this weekend. Well Wednesday through today

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Can I trade your 3500 for the 7500-8000 we run each month?

Today was slammed too, all ILS though. Shoulda brought my chauffeur hat!

Chris07

Competent in Incompetence

Does your agency require that the Paramedic ALWAYS attend on a I/P car? Or do you drive and let your intermediate partner attend the B.S. stuff?

My agency has the requirement that on B/P staffed trucks the medic has to attend...regardless of stability or severity.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Does your agency require that the Paramedic ALWAYS attend on a I/P car? Or do you drive and let your intermediate partner attend the B.S. stuff?

My agency has the requirement that on B/P staffed trucks the medic has to attend...regardless of stability or severity.

We're encouraged to allow our intermediate partners to attend any call and do any skill that is within their scope of practice. So to answer your question, yes the I's can attend a decent amount of patients.

They have a list of IV and PO meds they can give and attend the patient. They've also got a fair share of skills they can do.

I've never worked P/B, only P/I but I love having an I as a partner. Our county doesn't allow B's on ambulances.

My normal partner takes borderline ILS/ALS patients all the time, but she also has a bio degree, another science degree, scored a 36 on the MCAT (turned down three different med schools, don't ask me why) and is a senior year BSN student so she's a little different. Honestly knows more than I do about medicine, a lot more actually. I bring the skills and scene management to the party ;)

It depends on the partner though, some medics take almost every call, I like to let them "play". I worked with medics when I was an I that all they let me do was carry bags, start lines and drive so I know how much that sucks to be treated like that.

We have to be able to split the calls. On days where everything is ALS it's not unusual for me to be charting for 2-3 hours after my scheduled EOS, we run so many calls no medic would want to work here if they had to attend everything.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Dude.....I should come work for you all. I am getting annoyed at having to tech every call.

I am rapidly becoming disenthralled with my current place of employment, for a multitude of reasons. Its not a terrible place by any means. I just know there is better out there.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
We're encouraged to allow our intermediate partners to attend any call and do any skill that is within their scope of practice. So to answer your question, yes the I's can attend a decent amount of patients.

They have a list of IV and PO meds they can give and attend the patient. They've also got a fair share of skills they can do.

I've never worked P/B, only P/I but I love having an I as a partner. Our county doesn't allow B's on ambulances.

My normal partner takes borderline ILS/ALS patients all the time, but she also has a bio degree, another science degree, scored a 36 on the MCAT (turned down three different med schools, don't ask me why) and is a senior year BSN student so she's a little different. Honestly knows more than I do about medicine, a lot more actually. I bring the skills and scene management to the party ;)

It depends on the partner though, some medics take almost every call, I like to let them "play". I worked with medics when I was an I that all they let me do was carry bags, start lines and drive so I know how much that sucks to be treated like that.

We have to be able to split the calls. On days where everything is ALS it's not unusual for me to be charting for 2-3 hours after my scheduled EOS, we run so many calls no medic would want to work here if they had to attend everything.

Do you find that most of the calls that you have to ALS attend end up being driven by protocol or complaint rather than treatment? With an intermediate being able to start lines and monitor a 4 lead EKG, I feel like my ALS pt. load would drop by 75%. Add the fact that your intermediate can presumably run Albuterol nebs, and I'd bet you end up driving more often than not.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Just ran call 53,400 for 2013 for EMSA.
Robb, what PCR are you using? We're SIREN, soon to be Zoll.
lighsandsirens5, I know what you mean. Im really thunking about going Fire soon, but I need to finish this associates degree and the Guard, or find a totally sweet FD gig in Oklahoma or Texas.

I wish my partner could tech...but my current one, although great as an EMT, isnt an EMTLifer (mindset-wise).

Boogster

Forum Probie
Ok, really much.
Aren't we all a little crazy?
We always run to the place where others do not want to go.
We talk to people who are not regarded by others.
We risk our health for other.
We see our friends and families rarely.
We work when others sleep or celebrate.
We all must be crazy......:rofl:

Seconded.

All in favor of this notion say aye...

Anjel

Forum Angel

Sure if we have more than the 10 cars we have on now.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
So, is the EMTlife banner at the top supposed to be upside down for April Fool's or something? Can't figure out why it is, because it's not on my phone... Lol

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).jpg
    Screenshot (2).jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 211

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
My EMTLIFE logo is broken... I can't fix it...

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Wow. I just now noticed the upside down site name :wacko:

Anjel

Forum Angel
Wow. I just now noticed the upside down site name :wacko:

Firefite is that you? Lol I can't tell on my phone. It looks like your avatar.