the 100% directionless thread

jgaddis82

Forum Crew Member
And yes, I left out cath lab on my original. I am now curious as to what was wrong with these pts. And what kind of facility were they taken to? Hmmm...cookies! Oops, sorry, my ADD kicked in.

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief
Yeah, both were hypovolemic or hypotension calls. Both coulda been fixed with some fluid and blood

rwik123

Forum Asst. Chief
Why do perfectly good threads get closed by certain mods? Its a bit ridiculous. Unless someone goes off topic, they shouldn't be shut down. In the thread im thinking about there was a difference of opinion but nothing ridiculous. Do mods really feel the need to treat us like little children? One witty comment by the mod and the thread gets locked.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
I never understood the whole "appropriate facility" thing. Except in burns or severe trauma or maybe in need of hyperbaric. Most doctors and facilities labeled E.R. OR E.D. should be equipped to handle the rest, at least to a point of stabilizing.

In my county if you do not divert everything related to cardiac, burns, pediatric, and (depending on day of the week) ortho to "a more appropriate facility", you probably just killed someone. Especially true with cardiac. Most protocols in county have timelines associated with them; i.e. "more than XX minutes drive time to Trauma/Burn/Cardiac Center, call for helo". While the local ER can may be able to stabilize, the are going to have to call for another rig to transport code three to a "more appropriate facility". Happens all the time.

Of course, thus the word, ideally. Thankfully we only have one or two community hospitals that would scare me to take my dog to. The rest are pretty well equipped and on top of their game. For how long? Who knows?

Plus 1

Last edited by a moderator:

Sasha

Forum Chief
Wake up to pee, end up on EMTLife.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
So Tired...

Finished 2 sociology papers, 2 take home tests, and a term paper proposal on the history or recreation as it pertains to sociological trends. YAWN!!!

This whole "return to school to get a degree unrelated to EMS" thing is great in theory, until you realize that there are GE classes I never finished the first time around. English... no problem. Earth Science... FUN. Biology... in my sleep. Sociology... boring. Math... I already have a calculator.

Thank God I mixed GE in with the stuff I am going back to school. Tomorrow night = Raster Data... :D

xxTriNakedxx

Forum Probie
I'm new here. Still feeling my way around. New to being an EMT too. So new I don't have my state card yet...

Started medic classes today... definitely looking forward to being able to do a little more then nothing in a year, although WV protocol aren't bad. Can administer nitro, epi and albuterol with MEDCOM direction.

Anyways, hitting the hay! I hope everyone has a fantastic Wednesday!

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Why do perfectly good threads get closed by certain mods? Its a bit ridiculous. Unless someone goes off topic, they shouldn't be shut down. In the thread im thinking about there was a difference of opinion but nothing ridiculous. Do mods really feel the need to treat us like little children? One witty comment by the mod and the thread gets locked.

Be careful, the infraction stick swings easily nowadays

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Dear supervisors, why do you have to keep teasing me by splitting up our BLS IFT unit and turning it into 2 ALS 911 units? Just give me that full time ALS 911 spot and we will call it even. I've been over BLS IFTs for 4 months now. Plus I'm on the disaster response team and soon to be on the raceway team and pick up alot of OT ALS shifts.

xxTriNakedxx

Forum Probie
So what exactly is EMTLife after going pee? EMT Sports? Golden Life?

LOL I'll say EMT Life, Just Add....?

Did the same thing this morning though... got up to take the dog out, ended up on EMTLife.

What shall we call that?

jgaddis82

Forum Crew Member
So I just had a spill on the icy boat ramp. Pretty sure I did that cartoon running but not going anywhere thing for a good 15 seconds before I busted it. That's gonna leave a mark.^_^:blush:

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Nothing like 60 mph winds with a downpour of rain...not a good day to be working.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
MV-Structure. One patient pinned under a SUV. He was knocked through the glass wall and steel frame, drug into the building before coming to a stop against some cabinets and completely under the vehicle. Only injuries were some minor cuts and bruises. Talk about lucky :ph34r:

Sasha

Forum Chief
I can now identify several of my grandmother's medications without the rx bottle like a boss.

Because I spent an hour or so googling pill descriptions to sort out her hodge podge mess.

It's amazing she hasn't accidently killed herself.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Because I spent an hour or so googling pill descriptions to sort out her hodge podge mess.

Epocrates pill finder? Wayyyyyy easier

Last edited by a moderator:

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I can now identify several of my grandmother's medications without the rx bottle like a boss.

It's amazing she hasn't accidently killed herself.

There should be an app for that. Take a picture of the pill and it kicks back what it is.

<trademark>