the 100% directionless thread

Sasha

Forum Chief
At&t is hard nosed. We had to threaten legal action to get out of our contract because we moved into a dead zone. And going to the media.

Chances are while you weren't told, it is in the fine print. Let it be a life lesson, always read the fine print.

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Finished PALS yesterday and first call outta the gate is a pedi respiratory call...

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm on my parents cell phone plan and finally decided to make the jump from a 5+ year old flip phone to a smart phone (iPhone 3GS) with the agreement being that I pay the data plan.

AT&T: It's going to be $25 extra a month for a 2 gig/month data plan. Your plan already has unlimited text. The iPhone 3GS is $0.99 with a 2 year contract.

Cell phone bill: LOL wut? $50/month extra because we're going to add a few other things plus an $18 upgrade fee that we never mentioned.

Yea, my father is going to go talk to the people at the AT&T store tomorrow...

Customer care is pretty good about taking charges off the bill that you weren't aware of.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Well, my father is going to the store today sometime to work it out. I have no clue what he signed, all I can say is what was represented to us when we were discussing my phone. However, at the same time my parents also upgraded from AT&T/SBC Global DSL to AT&T UVerse, so I wasn't paying attention to everything 100% of the time.

I'll post an update when I get one.

Sasha

Forum Chief
A 3yo stole my ice cream sandwich.

He asked for a bite and when I held it down he grabbed it and ran off

Look at his smug self eating my icecream.

61649fc1-4754-663b.jpg

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

Rettsani

Forum Captain
Hah, yah. Im just nervous.

That you're nervous is normal. I was at the end of my training also nervous. This state has kept even after my EMT exam is still time. But it was not a bad feeling. On the contrary it has inspired me during the first year on the ambulance. Especially since I have a feeling that the learning only after the training really begins. ^_^

You'll make it I'm happy with you when you're done. :);)

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Recently abckidsmom and I reminisced about OLD pulseoximeters. Guess what I found in the back of our headquarters today.
087dc02f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Recently abckidsmom and I reminisced about OLD pulseoximeters. Guess what I found in the back of our headquarters today.
087dc02f.jpg

I used those in a hospital on a medical-respiratory floor of a hospital. That was "in-depth monitoring" back then.

Monitors have gotten a lot cheaper, I think. More and more monitored beds in hospitals now.

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief
So had a CCT & RT call rolled into one yesterday. S/P Cardiac Arrest. Hx of AAA and a whole list of other stuff to complicate. On lots of potassium and amiodarone. Lets just say the CC-RN, RT, and I were sweating bullets during the entire transport (took us about an hour to get everything changed over from bed to gurney).

Side note, the RN complimented saying that He'd rather have me in back than the other EMT due to the other ECG and Rx knowledge for my last job.

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
I officially denounce any use of the c-pap we have and condone incubation instead. :eek:

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Our whole family is going to ride in our department's engine in the Christmas parade tomorrow.

The only one that's going to miss out has chosen to go with her girl scout troop in their float.

I love, love, love small town parades. Love them!

cynikalkat

Forum Lieutenant
thnx

That you're nervous is normal. I was at the end of my training also nervous. This state has kept even after my EMT exam is still time. But it was not a bad feeling. On the contrary it has inspired me during the first year on the ambulance. Especially since I have a feeling that the learning only after the training really begins. ^_^

You'll make it I'm happy with you when you're done. :);)

I'm Hoping to look back in 6 mos (and a yr, and so forth) and say, what was I worried about?

Rettsani

Forum Captain
I'm Hoping to look back in 6 mos (and a yr, and so forth) and say, what was I worried about?

I'd be happy if it is so. You remind me of my beginning. ^_^

Our whole family is going to ride in our department's engine in the Christmas parade tomorrow.

The only one that's going to miss out has chosen to go with her girl scout troop in their float.

I love, love, love small town parades. Love them!

Have fun !!!! :)

I have tomorrow medical service at a Bundesliga football match in the stadium. The service begins 3 hours before the game begins and ends 3 hours after. I feel already cold before I am on the Grandstand and a 35 kg heavy rescue backpack carry with me. :unsure:

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Have fun !!!! :)

I have tomorrow medical service at a Bundesliga football match in the stadium. The service begins 3 hours before the game begins and ends 3 hours after. I feel already cold before I am on the Grandstand and a 35 kg heavy rescue backpack carry with me. :unsure:

There is no more efficient way to freeze your feet off than walking on frozen metal all day. I LOVE standbys in the winter!!!! :rolleyes:

Rettsani

Forum Captain
There is no more efficient way to freeze your feet off than walking on frozen metal all day. I LOVE standbys in the winter!!!! :rolleyes:

Oh no, I do not like that. Freeze 8 hours on the ice-cold Grandstand and wait for emergency situations. Since the warmest uniforms brings nothing. Inside the stadium, blows a ice cold wind.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Oh no, I do not like that. Freeze 8 hours on the ice-cold Grandstand and wait for emergency situations. Since the warmest uniforms brings nothing.

Do you wear steel toe boots? They take all of the heat out of your toes. It doesn't matter how good your hat is, all the heat is running out of the bottom.