the 100% directionless thread

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
I am feeling all warm and fuzzy right now. On Halloween my family adopted a pair of older pet rats from the local rat rescue. One of them (Jacques) fit right in, but the other (Sheba) had a tough transition, and became cage aggressive and would bite. I've been working with her for 1-2 hours a night, sometimes even longer.

Right now I am typing one handed because she is sitting in the crook of my arm, boggling her eyes (A sign of a very happy rat) and making 'happy rat noises'. A half hour ago she finally took a treat from my hand, and licked up the crumbs from my fingers. Before she wouldn't take anything unless I had put it down and walked away from her. Its been a few days since she last nipped at me, and almost two weeks since she last bit hard enough to draw blood.

I know I have a lot more work to do with her before she'll be as affectionate as the other pet rats in the household, but to see her come this far in so short a time feels great. Right now I'm the only one who can handle her, but I'm hoping that with time she'll allow the other family members to touch her without getting scared and defensive.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Your football fans are so PASSIONATE. How many do you expect for the game tomorrow?

I know you're making a general statement about European football fans in general and not specifically hooligans, but I just want to say.

Hooligans are not fans they are thugs who use sports as an excuse for mayhem.

bigbaldguy

I am feeling all warm and fuzzy right now. On Halloween my family adopted a pair of older pet rats from the local rat rescue. One of them (Jacques) fit right in, but the other (Sheba) had a tough transition, and became cage aggressive and would bite. I've been working with her for 1-2 hours a night, sometimes even longer.

Right now I am typing one handed because she is sitting in the crook of my arm, boggling her eyes (A sign of a very happy rat) and making 'happy rat noises'. A half hour ago she finally took a treat from my hand, and licked up the crumbs from my fingers. Before she wouldn't take anything unless I had put it down and walked away from her. Its been a few days since she last nipped at me, and almost two weeks since she last bit hard enough to draw blood.

I know I have a lot more work to do with her before she'll be as affectionate as the other pet rats in the household, but to see her come this far in so short a time feels great. Right now I'm the only one who can handle her, but I'm hoping that with time she'll allow the other family members to touch her without getting scared and defensive.

You know 10 years ago I would have read this and thought it was a windup, but after dating a girl that had pet rats I have to admit they have a lot of personality. I'd still rather have a dog but I can see why people keep em as pets. And yes for the record my dog is probably dumber than most rats.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Good grief, I either picked up a stomach virus somehow or I ate something that did not agree with me.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Top ten reasons why short and curvy is better than tall and skinny when it comes to women.

1. Really? You really need 10 reasons? I'm gonna give you one reason and it's the only reason you need, listen closely. SEX APPEAL. If you need 9 more there ain't no hope for you. Go watch top model and enjoy the rest of your lifetime of Hollywood indoctrination.
demotivational-posters-curves.jpg

bigbaldguy

Good grief, I either picked up a stomach virus somehow or I ate something that did not agree with me.

i had same thing. comes on like flu but burns off in 24 hours,

FourLoko

Forum Lieutenant
Winning (aka losing) diagnosis of the day: Abscess Necrotic Penis

not many solutions to that as you might imagine

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Winning (aka losing) diagnosis of the day: Abscess Necrotic Penis

not many solutions to that as you might imagine
"I choose death."

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
PEFYC-Pre-Extricated for Your Convenience

lol!

Gotta love euphemisms eh? You should see some of the smartass comments I have come across in direct dictation autopsy reports during the course of my research.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Gotta love euphemisms eh? You should see some of the smartass comments I have come across in direct dictation autopsy reports during the course of my research.
"The left ankle is smashed to the fifth power. The right one is not in great shape either"

"This was as instantaneous as human death ever gets"

Rettsani

Forum Captain
What about boots with composite safety toes and such? I use those in the winter up here and don't have any problems with steel sucking the heat out of me foots.

Hhm ...
depends on what is determined for one wears shoes. I always have ice feet in winter. Maybe it's because I'm a woman ...;)

So I gotta go my group leader is waiting for me ....

brrrrr... cold outside:unsure:

Until tonight

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
These early start times at work really aren't as bad as I thought they'd be.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Top ten reasons why short and curvy is better than tall and skinny when it comes to women.

1. Really? You really need 10 reasons? I'm gonna give you one reason and it's the only reason you need, listen closely. SEX APPEAL. If you need 9 more there ain't no hope for you. Go watch top model and enjoy the rest of your lifetime of Hollywood indoctrination.

What. ever.

Tall women can reach the special dishes for Christmas dinner from the top shelf of the pantry without you having to get up from watching the game.

Just saying.

Sasha

Forum Chief
You know being judgmental and telling women they're not real women (ala body of a ten year old boy) is just as bad as fat discrimination.

Cant we just preach acceptance instead?

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
You know being judgmental and telling women they're not real women (ala body of a ten year old boy) is just as bad as fat discrimination.

Cant we just preach acceptance instead?

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

I am thankful for the variety in the world.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Two cups of coffee this morning then we get a hard post. Gah total fail on my part no napping for me.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Agreed on short/curvy. My girlfriend is 5'2" and has some womanly curves. Not my typical type at at, but I was first attracted to her personality and found that small and curvy is damn sexy. ;)

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief

My fiance wants to get on ANTM.:ph34r:

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
101.2 sublingual temp? Yeah I'm not getting out of bed today.

Last edited by a moderator: