the 100% directionless thread

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
It's too easy. It's sad when the pt has an obvious LBBB negative on Sgarbossa criteria, but because the machine is retarded and spits out **Acute MI Suspected** the medics feed off of each others excitement and anxiety. Makes it even funnier when one of the paramedics considers himself an "expert at paramedicine"*

*This is the same paramedic that thought the ECG was broken when it didn't show artifact when he shook the lead. The right upper limb lead. While the monitor was on Lead III... *sigh*

Nice. Please tell them they didnt call a STEMI alert?

Linuss and I have a theory on another large department in our part of the state...

"If we put enough paramedics on scene maybe SOMEONE will know what the hell they were doing"

This is sig line material..and Im saving it for future use.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Yup should have learned and provided everyone a gun so no one would be stupid enough to try it again as they would know people would be shooting back.
[not sure if serious.jpg]

Of course the only sane answer is to ensure that the only people with firearms when the shooting starts is the bad guy. Obviously, this strategy worked well in Norway.

Rettsani

Forum Captain
* Cough *

I think I've caught a cold and I got cramp. I think my body can not tolerate my medication.:unsure::sad: But anyway I'll stay here now in front of my computer ....

I am just looking for the most important medical explanation of all abbreviations that are used here. But not just now someone thinks I'm stupid or something ...
Most of the texts here I understand really good, just give me the abbreviations sometimes problems. The abbreviations used in Germany differ completely in some things from the English of consenting. -_-

Sasha

Forum Chief
Made home made mac n cheesey.

Rettsani

Forum Captain
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufJTqT5gMg0[/YOUTUBE]

:rolleyes:

Sasha

Forum Chief
Hmmm... testing something.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rettsani

Forum Captain
You didn't edit your post, that's your signature.

Why?

I have a funny signature searched and this was great. It brings people to watch them to reflect and to laugh. Or just to talk about it. ^_^

I love my job not only beautiful or discussions. I also love to get people to laugh.:)

Laughter is still healthy!!

Anjel

Forum Angel

medic417

The Truth Provider

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Yup should have learned and provided everyone a gun so no one would be stupid enough to try it again as they would know people would be shooting back.

Just thought I'd point out that the first person shot in this instance was an armed police officer. Admittedly I have no idea what the circumstances were.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Dammit, 3 calls, 3 refusals today...am I really that scary to where no one wants to go to the hospital with me? :(

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston

JPINFV

Gadfly
story story story!!!!

I'm on my parents cell phone plan and finally decided to make the jump from a 5+ year old flip phone to a smart phone (iPhone 3GS) with the agreement being that I pay the data plan.

AT&T: It's going to be $25 extra a month for a 2 gig/month data plan. Your plan already has unlimited text. The iPhone 3GS is $0.99 with a 2 year contract.

Cell phone bill: LOL wut? $50/month extra because we're going to add a few other things plus an $18 upgrade fee that we never mentioned.

Yea, my father is going to go talk to the people at the AT&T store tomorrow...

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
I'm on my parents cell phone plan and finally decided to make the jump from a 5+ year old flip phone to a smart phone (iPhone 3GS) with the agreement being that I pay the data plan.

AT&T: It's going to be $25 extra a month for a 2 gig/month data plan. Your plan already has unlimited text. The iPhone 3GS is $0.99 with a 2 year contract.

Cell phone bill: LOL wut? $50/month extra because we're going to add a few other things plus an $18 upgrade fee that we never mentioned.

Yea, my father is going to go talk to the people at the AT&T store tomorrow...

Well that is unfortunate :(

JPINFV

Gadfly
Well that is unfortunate :(

Really unfortunate for AT&T because I definitely don't use enough text or minutes to justify $60 or so a month for everything it is right now and I have no problem cancelling my plan.

EMSDude54343

Forum Lieutenant
From my experience, make it known that you have no problem canceling and going to another carrier and it will make them back track. Just remain professional and also remind them how long you have been a valuable customer and how you would hate to be forced to leave after such a long time over something as silly as this etc etc etc. My co-worker used to work an AT&T call center and they were told basically do anything you can to prevent a customer to cancel a contract. And remember, be as nice as possible even if you have to fake it and you will usually get what you want.

source; personal experience :p