the 100% directionless thread

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief

Asimurk

Forum Captain
Nope, a mixture of moth balls and diesel fuel (How real men do).

A real man manhandles a fallen tree limb out of the road to open up a lane of traffic, while the other two guys go to their trucks to keep warm. Then again, doing that out in the country out in the woods with dead trees for kicks probably gave me some practice at it.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
So I was sick 2 weeks ago and stayed in bed for 5 days

Woke up today feeling good. Got out of bed hours later not feeling so good, with a scratchy neck (the one you feel just before getting sick...)

Took a hot shower to see if it helped the throat, and nearly got sick/passed out after getting out. Went back to bed for 2 hours, just woke up again and whilest I can walk around... throat is still scratchy.

Grrrrrr.

That happened to a friend of mine. I actually had to end up working her shift. She said she was fine before she took a shower. I told her she should have gone to work before she took a shower, then used the crew shower. :p Then I could have enjoyed sitting at home all day like I was going to. -_-

Anjel

Forum Angel
Biology will be the death of me. Well the worrying about passing it will be anyway.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Biology will be the death of me. Well the worrying about passing it will be anyway.

Still learning the fundamental structures of the eukaryotic cell, are we? Wait til you take Cellular & Molecular Biology. You will be praying for Gen Bio.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Still learning the fundamental structures of the eukaryotic cell, are we? Wait til you take Cellular & Molecular Biology. You will be praying for Gen Bio.

I am not taking those lol

Just A and P 1 and 2 and pathophys

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
I am not taking those lol

Just A and P 1 and 2 and pathophys

You will love pathophys, but you will feel like you are repeating Micro and A & P all over again, because you are going to touch on those core concepts and add to them. I remember actually studying things like septal cells in A & P II, then going 2 doors down to my micro lecture and discussing those exact same cells, just in a different light. That is how Pathophys will be. However, it was one of my favorite courses!

firebird226

Forum Ride Along

Oh man - Gen Bio brings back awful memories *shudders* - surprisingly I found cell/molec to be much more interesting - my B.S. was actually in Biochemistry & Molecular Biology (one major at our school).

For me developmental biology was the worst. Never want to go through that class again :wacko:

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Oh man - Gen Bio brings back awful memories *shudders* - surprisingly I found cell/molec to be much more interesting - my B.S. was actually in Biochemistry & Molecular Biology (one major at our school).

For me developmental biology was the worst. Never want to go through that class again :wacko:

I got my B.S. in Biochem as well (For med school purposes). I take the MCAT the 26th, actually. I was given a choice for Fall 11, I could either teach Micro or Cell & Mol bio, I chose micro...

firebird226

Forum Ride Along
Ah the MCAT - good luck! You will make quite the candidate for medical school it seems (MSN, EMT-P, and a Biochem BS!). I hope to one day go down that path as well - just not sure when. Sorta procastinating, hoping to gain some more life/clinical experience to make myself a more competitive applicant - though I've been a Paramedic for 3 years, I'm 22 (and the average age is more around 26-27 I hear).

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Ah the MCAT - good luck! You will make quite the candidate for medical school it seems (MSN, EMT-P, and a Biochem BS!). I hope to one day go down that path as well - just not sure when. Sorta procastinating, hoping to gain some more life/clinical experience to make myself a more competitive applicant - though I've been a Paramedic for 3 years, I'm 22 (and the average age is more around 26-27 I hear).

Not so sure of myself just yet. I am not even officially a nurse practitioner. I just finished my MSN a few weeks ago. I am still in the process of waiting for my authorization to test so I can take the ACNP and become a real nurse practitioner instead of a CCRN with a fancy piece of paper, he he.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
medicRob is in chat. He is bored, his head is hurting, and aspirin is doing nothing for him.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
I hate when your partner starts to pick up bad EMS habits despite your best efforts...

KELRAG

Forum Probie
Icee or cheetos when they do good, snide sarcastic subtle but belittling remarks when they do bad. It is proudly how I got to where I am now. Still cry at night sometimes but they say we are stronger for it. God, I loved the cheetos

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Testing w/ ABQ Ambulance on the 29th... now to figure out how to get the time to go down there...

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Since medicRob is still not allowed to work, and now he has a holter monitor.. He is going fishing.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Very seriously considering just sucking it up and taking the FP-C in a couple if weeks. I've been studying for it for nearly three years, feel like it's now or never...

Anjel

Forum Angel
Fml

Thanks professor. It was so nice of you to let us use a notecard on our exam.

I even stayed up late making one to make sure I did well..

Ok.... time to take the cards out and start the test.

Sure no problem. oh wait...where is mine you ask?? I left mine at HOME! :angry::angry:<_< :censored::censored::censored::censored: