the 100% directionless thread

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I believe winning four games in a Best of 7 series means the Yankees get to start the Christmas shopping early. I've heard they are hoping Santa brings them an offense...:p

Oh gosh! Are we that far into it already? I haven't been paying that close of attention. I'm more concentrating on getting a tan in while I'm in Florida.

Oh well, there is always a next year. :-(

medic417

The Truth Provider
Oh gosh! Are we that far into it already? I haven't been paying that close of attention. I'm more concentrating on getting a tan in while I'm in Florida.

Oh well, there is always a next year. :-(

Texas is in the World Series for the first time in their 40-50 year history. Makes it a historical event rather than seeing the Yankees buying the World Series so often.

clibb

Forum Captain
Texas is in the World Series for the first time in their 40-50 year history. Makes it a historical event rather than seeing the Yankees buying the World Series so often.

Why is it called the World Series when NO OTHER COUNTRY PLAYS IN THAT BASEBALL EVENT.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief

Hey, quit bashing the Yankees! Just because you can't explain how a team could be so good doesn't mean they are buying the World series. Besides, if they are buying them, how come they don't win every world series?

:p

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Car is finally almost packed. Just gotta take my toy bag (pistol, kindle, netbook, plus work gear) out in the morning and I'm ready to go.
Not looking forward to monday though. Meeting with my new Medical Director, lots of paperwork, and being locked in a room with someone from city HR to go over the employee handbook.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Just got back from my cousins wedding reception. It was a blast.

And instead of dancing we had Wii golf, bowling and tennis tournaments.

TacoMEDIC

Forum Crew Member
Just had a patient try to tell me that he's walking from Las Vegas to Long Beach (280 miles) tonight... Said his feet hurt and asked for Morphine... I guess that was the most believable story he could come up with to try to get narcs... classic.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
@*&@!*&@!&#*%@!&^%!!!!!!!!! San Diego had that game in the BAG!!!! And that new kicker of theirs needs to learn to stinking kick a simple 50 yard field goal!!!!!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Made it to Pecos ok. Now to drive around and look for 'For Rent' signs and find the hospital.

CAO

Forum Lieutenant
How come only guys can be sexist?

Log onto Facebook, and this is the first status I read:

Some Girl said:
The Wizard of Oz summed up real men quite well. The scarecrow had no brains, tin man had no heart, lion was a coward, and the wizard was a liar!

My reply:

A Master of Wit said:
Well, if you want to go there, Dorothy also had to be put back in her place.

Somehow I'm the bad guy :huh:

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Brown is coming to Los Angeles ... be afraid, be very afraid.

LA hello it's Medivac, just south of Seal Beach looking to transition Shoreline northbound, call landing assured on the 405 Freeway, we have information hmm, mike.

*Brown grabs the Thomas Pack and is puzzled by the quizzical looks the LACoFD Paramedics are giving him. What like they've never seen a dude in an orange HEMS "DOCTOR" jumpsuit before? :D

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
How come only guys can be sexist?

Log onto Facebook, and this is the first status I read:

Some Girl said:
The Wizard of Oz summed up real men quite well. The scarecrow had no brains, tin man had no heart, lion was a coward, and the wizard was a liar!

My reply:

A Master of Wit said:
Well, if you want to go there, Dorothy also had to be put back in her place.

Somehow I'm the bad guy :huh:

So...This person, who I assume to be female, considers the flaw of one man, the different flaw of another man, and yet another flaw of yet another man, and from this is able to conclude that all men have all three flaws, is that it?

Tell her I said that she's obviously a male scarecrow, because she clearly has no brains.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Random question, especially for those who have moulage experience...

I'm a zombie doctor for Halloween. I have a small 3 ml syringe I'd like to have sticking out of my neck so it looks like I got stabbed with it/a needle.... how can I accomplish this?

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
Random question, especially for those who have moulage experience...

I'm a zombie doctor for Halloween. I have a small 3 ml syringe I'd like to have sticking out of my neck so it looks like I got stabbed with it/a needle.... how can I accomplish this?

Actors use very sticky pastes and puttys that can secure the syringe to your neck reasonably well. If you stick a "plug" in the business end that has a disk attached (a plastic piece that looks like a big thumb tack). Crazy glue that in the barrel to secure the piece under the skin colored putty.

But run a line through it, concealed in your clothes, so that every now and then you can squeeze a bulb and spurt some blood out of it into the faces of innocent bystanders. Fill barrel with fluid, place tube inside and drill a couple small holes in the barrel so it can spurt.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
First day of third rides tomorrow :) 0600-1800 Should be fun