the 100% directionless thread

8jimi8

CFRN

8jimi8

CFRN
Did you ask if you could punt to online med control?

Linuss,

would he have :censored::censored::censored::censored: a brick if you called med control right then and there?

Morphine wears off fast enough that she would still be able to tell the doctor what/where it hurts.

RescueYou

Forum Lieutenant

RescueYou

Forum Lieutenant

JPINFV

Gadfly
Problem with being a medical student: You have everything you learn about.

Pressure to keep talking? Check. (awkward pauses suck)

Distractibility? Check.

Goal directed activity? Check.

Flight of ideas? Check

Damn... my life is apparently one giant manic episode...

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Linuss,

would he have :censored::censored::censored::censored: a brick if you called med control right then and there?

Morphine wears off fast enough that she would still be able to tell the doctor what/where it hurts.

He very well may have. It was less then a 10 minute drive to the ER, but I would rather have her given Morphine in the ambulance bay than go without it like she did.

I guess people stuck in the old ways about analgesics and abd pain forget that we have a narcotic antagonist that we can push... Narcan. If the doc truly thinks that the Morphine is inhibiting his assessment, he needs to just push the Narcan instead of denying pain meds for longer than necessary. But I guess that's too hard for some of the old timers to comprehend.

PS, I got stuck in an elevator shaft yesterday trying to get to a patient. It sucked.

8jimi8

CFRN
He very well may have. It was less then a 10 minute drive to the ER, but I would rather have her given Morphine in the ambulance bay than go without it like she did.

I guess people stuck in the old ways about analgesics and abd pain forget that we have a narcotic antagonist that we can push... Narcan. If the doc truly thinks that the Morphine is inhibiting his assessment, he needs to just push the Narcan instead of denying pain meds for longer than necessary. But I guess that's too hard for some of the old timers to comprehend.

PS, I got stuck in an elevator shaft yesterday trying to get to a patient. It sucked.

why not use the elevator instead? those cables are all greasy!

8jimi8

CFRN
lol i was wondering how you were gonna get the cot AND the patient back down!

Eydawn

Forum Crew Member
I'll stick with Jeep... at least I know my breaks will work. ;)

Plus I have to have something for SAR that is capable of finding the lost off-roaders in Toyotas and then pulling them to safety.

Funny you should mention that! We've yet to be paged out for anyone lost in anything other than a Jeep, and in our recreational off-roading we've rescued a whole *bunch* of Jeeps and maybe 2 'yotas, lol! :p Not to mention fishing the Buick full of bullet holes off of Old Flowers Road (that's kind of a long story though...)

As far as brakes working, eh, not a problem in a car that's not drive-by-wire. The old generation stuff has never had a problem.

--Wendy

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
It's snowing at my place... again... And dispatch just paged me a freeze alert for tonight through till 0800 tomorrow. Driving to work tomorrow morning is gonna suck

Trayos

Forum Lieutenant
It's snowing at my place... again... And dispatch just paged me a freeze alert for tonight through till 0800 tomorrow. Driving to work tomorrow morning is gonna suck
If its coming down and sticking, try and shovel some of it off to the side while it's still snowing. Better then trying to move all of it in the morning, while its frozen.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I'm not worried about getting out. If it's under 2 ft of snow/ice I can just drive over it. It's the 30 mile commute to work I'm not looking forward to

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Just signed up for an AMLS course for the end of octoper... And my company will pay for it :) I have to say, I like their rule about paying for 4 hrs of CEs every month

SanDiegoEmt7

Forum Captain
Neve fails... ya get a little money in your pocket and the savings account is moving in the right dirrection..... and then you get hit with several bills, your Jeep starts spewing black smoke, gas prices start rising, your computer starts acting up... and I tore a hole in my drysuit... :sad:

story of my life

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Thanks Wendys cashier.

I order a Frosty to go and what do you give me? A Frosty with no spoon.

Im debating if I should just break open an ET tube and use it as a straw.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Just did 2 hours of Trailing training with the Bloodhound. She was spot on the entire way and solved two "problems" in fairly thick cover. Good Day...

mct601

RN/NRP
Thanks Wendys cashier.

I order a Frosty to go and what do you give me? A Frosty with no spoon.

Im debating if I should just break open an ET tube and use it as a straw.

it seems I can never order fast food outside of Subway without SOMETHING going wrong. No straws, wrong condiments on food, no food at all, etc.

Interviewed with Acadian today. I want to work for them so badly, so I'm really hoping I get a greenlight for the next steps in the process. But unfortunately I don't feel its going to happen. And AMR called and wants me to interview for a temp part time job working under BP providing first aid to the oil spill clean up crews. Sounds pretty simple.