the 100% directionless thread

mct601

RN/NRP
More like angina relieved by nitro :D

Angina. Funny word.

oh god, a girl I know who is in nursing school posted a status about myocardial infarction just being an odd/funny sounding word/phrase. I agreed and mentioned angina. This woman related to the girl completely blew a fuse saying we had no right to laugh at such terms, that if we had any real world experience we wouldn't find humor in it, yadda yadda. I just laughed at her.

JPINFV

Gadfly
oh god, a girl I know who is in nursing school posted a status about myocardial infarction just being an odd/funny sounding word/phrase. I agreed and mentioned angina. This woman related to the girl completely blew a fuse saying we had no right to laugh at such terms, that if we had any real world experience we wouldn't find humor in it, yadda yadda. I just laughed at her.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci-LX9fd064[/YOUTUBE]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljm3HuEn4gc&feature=related[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Neve fails... ya get a little money in your pocket and the savings account is moving in the right dirrection..... and then you get hit with several bills, your Jeep starts spewing black smoke, gas prices start rising, your computer starts acting up... and I tore a hole in my drysuit... :sad:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Got the schedule for FTO rides and work after that that I want! For at least till the end of the month :S. 24-48 once I'm on my own.

Eydawn

Forum Crew Member
Neve fails... ya get a little money in your pocket and the savings account is moving in the right dirrection..... and then you get hit with several bills, your Jeep starts spewing black smoke, gas prices start rising, your computer starts acting up... and I tore a hole in my drysuit... :sad:

You said the magic word: JEEP! Just Empty Every Pocket. If you had a 'yota you'd be ok! ;-) (Hubby drives an '87 FJ-60 that's our primary vehicle that we take out on SAR stuff... they send him up the 4X4 trails a lot.)

Sorry to hear it was a :censored::censored::censored::censored:ty day. Hope it gets better soon! I had to call in sick from work tonight (thank god tonight's the one night I don't supervise during my work week) due to my spring bout of bronchitis... at least it waited till May this time, usually I get it before Easter.

--Wendy

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
You said the magic word: JEEP! Just Empty Every Pocket. If you had a 'yota you'd be ok! ;-) (Hubby drives an '87 FJ-60 that's our primary vehicle that we take out on SAR stuff... they send him up the 4X4 trails a lot.)

Sorry to hear it was a :censored::censored::censored::censored:ty day. Hope it gets better soon! I had to call in sick from work tonight (thank god tonight's the one night I don't supervise during my work week) due to my spring bout of bronchitis... at least it waited till May this time, usually I get it before Easter.

--Wendy

LOL. Almost 19 year old Jeep and other than probably having to replace tranie 2 years ago and the engine in a few years, she is still the best. Jeep or nothing! The things I have done with her can not be done by bigger and "better" vehicles. It is a Jeep Thing, you would not understand. :p

Eydawn

Forum Crew Member
I love the quote "I got your Jeep thing, broke it, bought a Toyota, used it to haul the Jeep to the dump. ;-)"

Sorry, I know I'm biased... :p

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
I love the quote "I got your Jeep thing, broke it, bought a Toyota, used it to haul the Jeep to the dump. ;-)"

Sorry, I know I'm biased... :p

I'll stick with Jeep... at least I know my breaks will work. ;)

Plus I have to have something for SAR that is capable of finding the lost off-roaders in Toyotas and then pulling them to safety.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
linuss, do tell. what's the haps, man?

Long story short, ran on a patient on Monday with severe abdominal pain, rated 10/10, elevated BP, elevated HR, and the patient was in the fetal position crying.

I am still with my FTO but I was running the call. I start an IV with fluids while my FTO hooked the pt up to the monitor, and he asked what I wanted to do next. I said 'let's get some morphine'. FTO's response? "I don't know anyone who is allowed to give morphine to abdominal pain". Grr.

On top of that, we get to the ER and first thing the nurse asks me is "Anything keeping the patient from sitting in a chair?" You mean ASIDE from the severe abdominal pain that is causing her to be in the fetal position crying? I was at the ER for another 15 minutes doing various things and the pt STILL didn't get analgesics and was still in a chair, crying from the pain.

I spoke with a supervisor and CC-P later and they both agreed with me... give morphine in that case.. AND our protocols even have an abdominal pain section that specifically states give analgesics in that situation. Alas I can't tell my FTO that until AFTER he clears me.

Bad enough he said I was wrong when I wasn't, but he said it in front of the patient. THAT is what pissed me off. I'm a Paramedic, not a student.

The one time as a working IFT Paramedic that I can actually make a change in someones life, and I get shafted by old views that have been proven wrong in study after study.

Last edited by a moderator:

JPINFV

Gadfly
Did you ask if you could punt to online med control?

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Just spent 2 hours reviewing 2.5 years of Team Training Logs. Trying to organize them by Year and by Speciality. I am noticing a trend... there are huge gaps in the the reporting of the various Team Leaders and members; a lot is failing to get reported, a problem should we ever have to prove that we train in the things we are supposed to (and usually do). I am starting to regrete taking over as Team Training Officer. It is gonna take a little more work than I wanted to get this straightened out and set up a system that reflects the fact that we train our asses off. :glare:

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
Bad enough he said I was wrong when I wasn't, but he said it in front of the patient. THAT is what pissed me off. I'm a Paramedic, not a student.

I hate partners who like to argue in front of patients. I have one I'm stuck with occasionally. We're equally ranked, but she's not very competent. And she has control issues, so she'll argue every stupid little thing she can. I've had to call medical control over her crazy interventions more than once. They've sided with me. She hates me for it. I hate her. Med control hates us both.

When absolutely nobody wants to work with someone, you think someone higher up might notice...

JPINFV

Gadfly
When absolutely nobody wants to work with someone, you think someone higher up might notice...

You've never had a crew chief tell you that it was simply "your turn" to work with someone specific?

RescueYou

Forum Lieutenant
I passed my NREMT-P :)

RescueYou

Forum Lieutenant