the 100% directionless thread

RescueYou

Forum Lieutenant
4 more days and I'm done with medic school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lynsan

Forum Ride Along
CPR cert in San Diego

Hi all,
I'm new to the forum and hoping someone may have some advice. I've let my EMT cert lapse while working another job (I know very bad girl :sad:) and trying to pull everything together again. Took the refresher course but CPR card just expired. sigh.

Long blah blah story to question - does anyone know of a good/reliable and *cheap* place in San Diego to get CPR cert for EMT so i can get current again? Also can anyone recommend some good (again, reliable/cheap/not too much time) places for CEUs?

Thanks!

JPINFV

Gadfly
Done with neuro, now its just gliding through behavior and psych (with the stupid AA meeting) and musculoskeletal and then 2 months off!

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Darn you dispatch. Here I am napping when you dispatch me to the ever elusive priority one (911) call for a head bleed and CareFlites helo is grounded.

But then you cancel us 5min out because the pt is on cardizem and only CCT can transfer.

Grr.

busmonkey

Forum Crew Member
Well, I am sitting in my apartment, alone, because my rowing practice got cancelled because of high winds. My pager goes active in 55 minutes for what is probably going to be another jobless night and I am going to be watching glee online, because I am not around tomorrow night to watch the next episode, therefore I watch every Monday...

Sounds depressing I know, but my girlfriend shall be over later and she will keep me company until I get a call... Then, when I return, she will have a snack and a cup of tea ready for me...

Some may think it's :censored: but I love it.... :rolleyes:

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Silly patient. Dont take a swing at an EMT. Youll have 3 paramedics and 2 cops on your butt in a matter of minutes with the Haldol and Valium ready.

You wont win.

Last edited by a moderator:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
So, how'd it go?

Ugh... I swear the videos are the same ones I've watched before. Lots of paperwork, getting handed large books of protocols and procedures, watching videos. That's about it :p Now for another day of the same.

DaniGrrl

Forum Lieutenant
Note to self: EMT orientation is as sucktastic as all other new hire orientations.

I hope today is more interesting.

Because no good complaint goes unpunished, I turned on my a/c and discovered that it has given up on the business of cooling this year. So, after all my weather complaints, I'm going to be forced to live through the heat with ceiling fans as my only defense.

KempoEMT

Forum Lieutenant

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Need... coffee... STAT!...

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Well.. two 16hr days down, and just have 8hr shift today then 4 days off.

Then to call all the local 911s and get an interview!

mct601

RN/NRP
I have an interview next week with Acadian Ambulance. Second interview ever... last one was two years ago with Best Buy in which I got denied. I hope hope this goes well.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I'm tired of CO already. Stupid IV cert. I'm getting 3 different stories. I just need to find someone to loan me money so I can just finish my damned medic.