the 100% directionless thread

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

NEMed2

Forum Crew Member
Every time I move my head my neck makes that great painful grating noise. I shouldn't have settled that MVA case so quickly. I'm told I will be in some level of pain for the rest of my life. Fantastic.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I have work, then class tomorrow till 10. I then have to be on a plane to Michigan by 10 the next morning.

I haven't been to Michigan in close to 2 years... holy cow.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Tomorrow I have... wait... what's that? My calendar says nothing to do! Score! Time to go in search of a cheap motorcycle.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Tomarrow, I have laundry and packing for a SAR Expo out of Yosemite this weekend... Search Managment, Traversing Rivers with Highlines, Helicopter Fun, Dog Handling, and Wilderness EMS... YIPEE!!!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
:censored::censored::censored::censored:... I think I'm gonna drink. I just realized that if things had turned out right I would be getting married on Saturday.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
:censored::censored::censored::censored:... I think I'm gonna drink. I just realized that if things had turned out right I would be getting married on Saturday.

Is this a good thing? Cause dodging marriage sounds like a reason to celebrate to me... :glare:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Is this a good thing? Cause dodging marriage sounds like a reason to celebrate to me... :glare:

still undecided... of course she's now dating my old partner, so I guess that should tell me.

Sasha

Forum Chief

Aww, that sucks. But it all worked out for the best, hmm? If it's not meant to be, it's not meant to be. Dating your partner, tells you what kind of person she is!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Aww, that sucks. But it all worked out for the best, hmm? If it's not meant to be, it's not meant to be. Dating your partner, tells you what kind of person she is!

Very true...

And to take my mind off everything for this weekend, I just went out and bought an old bike. Time to start buying parts to get it running reliably.

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief
Very true...

And to take my mind off everything for this weekend, I just went out and bought an old bike. Time to start buying parts to get it running reliably.

If you want, I can hook ya up with some nice chrome go-fasters for a discounted price ^_^

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I have just spent the past two days under my 92 pickup, getting covered in oil and othe crud, smashing my fingers, getting rust in my eye, almost dropping a transmission on myself, prying rusty parts off, figuring out how torsion bars work, etc. (ie. replacing mu clutch).

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
If you want, I can hook ya up with some nice chrome go-fasters for a discounted price ^_^

Ugh, no chrome please :p Never been a fan. This is actually my first bike that's not a sportbike. It's an old 73 Honda CB500K2

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I have just spent the past two days under my 92 pickup, getting covered in oil and othe crud, smashing my fingers, getting rust in my eye, almost dropping a transmission on myself, prying rusty parts off, figuring out how torsion bars work, etc. (ie. replacing mu clutch).

Did that on my CJ7 before :p Fun, isn't it?

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Did that on my CJ7 before :p Fun, isn't it?

Oh boy! Just having an absolute blast! And now I find out that somehow I have like an inch and a half of play in the clutch pressure plate! Here's hoping it is just my flywheel and not my crankshaft! Oh and get this, the throwout bearing is shot and it is so bad it dosent even spin properly. It goes in some kind of funny oval pattern. (Dont ask me how it was even still working. My mechaninc buddy said he has never seen one that bad.)

Tomarrow after class: (1) Ice back of head from where it violently contacted transmission. (2) Pull the rest of the clutch off and pray I don't have a dual mass flywheel.

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief
Off to work!! ^_^

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Today is the day of my birth.... (soliciting congrats and well wishes) cheesy, yeh I know but none of you would know if I didnt tell ya.