the 100% directionless thread

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Glad to know I wasn't the only one who agreed they deserve it.

I do too.

I'm so tired of young people jumping on bandwagons and making the rest of us look stupid.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
The video does not show what happened leading up to the students being pepper sprayed.

Were they given an order to leave? If so, why didn't they comply?

JPINFV

Gadfly
Birmingham_campaign_water_hoses.jpg

I guess they should have just gone home too? Why didn't they just comply?

Also completely justified:

massacre.jpg

...and if this had happened in the US, I guess the tank crews should have felt "threatened" and simply ran him over.

tienanmentank-395.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
why is it so hard to find work shoes/boots that I like?! :angry:

I usually head straight to the men's department. And smile when the clerks try to helpfully direct me back to the ladies' department. I've found a very comfortable pair of men's composite-toed work boots that came in black. I replaced the cloth laces with black leather laces that I cut short enough so that they won't touch the ground when untied. I've been wearing them for just over a year now. Its almost time for another pair.

My dad suggested I go to an army surplus store and look at paratrooper boots. Have any of you gone that route?

medic417

The Truth Provider
why is it so hard to find work shoes/boots that I like?! :angry:

I know start a thread about boots. I'm sure that has never been done here.:rofl:

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
...and if this had happened in the US, I guess the tank crews should have felt "threatened" and simply ran him over.

tienanmentank-395.jpg

Now you're starting to get it.

I find it a bit of a stretch to compare the civil rights movement to this joke of a "movement". And like chimpie said, you have no idea what events led to the pepper spraying of these individuals. I can pretty much guarantee that their first action was not pepper spray.

JPINFV

Gadfly
I find it a bit of a stretch to compare the civil rights movement to this joke of a "movement". And like chimpie said, you have no idea what events led to the pepper spraying of these individuals. I can pretty much guarantee that their first action was not pepper spray.

Significance? I agree it's not comparable. Now, if the argument is police give order, protesters refuse order, police get free reign short of deadly force? It is comparable.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
And the moral of this story is: if you don't like being pepper-sprayed, don't be a phuqtard and do what the police tell you. If people are allowed to say "F the police, we can do whatever we want as long as we aren't violent towards you" then what would be the point of having laws or police officers at all?

During any major movement or protests in history, the followers believed in their cause with such conviction that they knew they were going to get punished for it but stayed with it anyway and persevered through. If these cry babies have such conviction, then more power to 'em; but it's not going to be fun for them (and will provide me with much amusement). If they had a legitimate cause they were fighting for, than I may be a little more sympathetic. But alas, no sympathy for whatever they put themselves through will be coming from here.

cynikalkat

Forum Lieutenant
I usually head straight to the men's department. And smile when the clerks try to helpfully direct me back to the ladies' department. I've found a very comfortable pair of men's composite-toed work boots that came in black. I replaced the cloth laces with black leather laces that I cut short enough so that they won't touch the ground when untied. I've been wearing them for just over a year now. Its almost time for another pair.

My dad suggested I go to an army surplus store and look at paratrooper boots. Have any of you gone that route?

I checked out army navy store and didn't see anything I like. Im SO picky. Lol

I know start a thread about boots. I'm sure that has never been done here.:rofl:

Hah medic, lets?

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
One of my biggest worries as a teacher is that my students would be too apathetic to stand up for what by believe is right and fair. They always seemed far more inclined to post about it on Facebook or sign an online petition. Whatever he reason, I'm glad to see young people organize and passionately support what they believe is a just cause.

We haven't seen student protests or national protests on this scale in a long time. It's about time.

Lastly, I believe that there are very few reasons to brutalize passive protestors. Whether it's the Westboro Church, or the Occupy folks, surely there is a civilized, non-violent way to address protestors.

However stupid you think the cause may be, I'm proud to see people standing up for what they believe is right.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Another thing is the more insane or ignorant the message that is allowed, the further away tyranny is away from my message. My community recently had a neo-nazi rally, and according to one news paper account they claimed that they didn't have a permit. Now I'm no friend of neo-nazis, but I know if their message is protected, that any insane rambling I may have will also be protected because the line is simply that far away.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
The problem is they're not putting forth any message besides "capitalism is bad and evil"...while using cell phones made by Apple and Motorola serviced by Sprint and AT&T, wearing Abercrombie and North Face, living in tents they bought at REI...the whole thing is just massively hypocritical.

That said, pepper spraying people who are not posing an active threat is a MASSIVE violation of the continuum of force, lazy and smacks of more totalitarian regimes. Just because someone is not doing exactly what you say (or for that matter is cursing you) is not a reason to use a weapon, less lethal or not. You take them into custody. If they resist, then higher levels of force come into play. Walking down a line of protestors who are simply sitting on the ground is just p!ss poor policing.

Any active LEOs please correct me if I'm wrong.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I disagree on their message, because I don't believe that they have a consistent and clear message. I see people frustrated with the disparity of wealth in the United States and the questionable policies that led to our current economic situation.

Still, I find it hard to rationalize the police reaction and militarized response. I'm hoping that this doesn't become our generation's Kent State.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Did ATCEMS start hiring basics for field work?

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
I guess they should have just gone home too? Why didn't they just comply?

There's a big difference between a well organized group with actual goals and a bunch of kids obstructing a sidewalk because they have their panties in a knot due to the fact that they aren't as wealthy as they believe they should be. It's jealousy and egregious self-entitlement masquerading as a movement aimed towards social justice. If the movement actually had some plans other than simply arguing for a vague and undefined redistribution of wealth, I might actually support this. However, they come across as a bunch of whiny entitled brats who are finally coming to the realization that not everything in this world is able to be handed to them simply by asking or throwing a tantrum. I don't have much support for the Wall Street fat cats either, but then again if you're being difficult simply to get attention to yourself under the guise of "social justice" (whatever the :censored::censored::censored::censored: that means) it's an insult to people who fought, suffered and died for real causes when one draws superficial comparisons.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Still, I find it hard to rationalize the police reaction and militarized response. I'm hoping that this doesn't become our generation's Kent State.

It's easy to rationalize it. You're obstructing access to a public building. Move or be arrested. Simple enough. Cases like this are a perfect example of why I joke that I could never be a cop due to the fact that if I were most of my case reports would end with the phrase "...and that's when I shot/Tazed/pepper sprayed/unleashed the hounds/used my ASP baton upon them."

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
One of my biggest worries as a teacher is that my students would be too apathetic to stand up for what by believe is right and fair. They always seemed far more inclined to post about it on Facebook or sign an online petition. Whatever he reason, I'm glad to see young people organize and passionately support what they believe is a just cause.

We haven't seen student protests or national protests on this scale in a long time. It's about time.

Lastly, I believe that there are very few reasons to brutalize passive protestors. Whether it's the Westboro Church, or the Occupy folks, surely there is a civilized, non-violent way to address protestors.

However stupid you think the cause may be, I'm proud to see people standing up for what they believe is right.

I agree. I don't care what they are protesting. I think the fact that young Americans are actually putting themselves in the line of fire for something they believe in is great. Tyranny loves apathy.