the 100% directionless thread

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Get out to our riding spot and are setting up camp and we see a fire engine pass by, then a 4 wheel drive fire rescue truck, then a pre-runner fire rescue truck followed by state rangers in their nice trucks followed by border patrol in the pre-runner truck followed by an ambulance all going code 3. Then about 5-10 mins later the medical helicopter (Mercy Air) lands about 500 feet from our camp.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Stay classy UC Davis.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AdDLhPwpp4[/youtube]

Nervegas

Forum Lieutenant
Paulaner octoberfest when consumed in moderate quantities is still very stronig beer.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Stay classy UC Davis.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AdDLhPwpp4[/youtube]

Good, they all deserve it.

I just wish they had used the pepper-balls from the paintball gun instead. More entertaining for me.

The stinging in their eyes for the next week when they take a shower should remind them of their stupidity. (wait, shower?... they're Californian hippies... never mind)

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Good, they all deserve it.

I just wish they had used the pepper-balls from the paintball gun instead. More entertaining for me.

The stinging in their eyes for the next week when they take a shower should remind them of their stupidity. (wait, shower?... they're Californian hippies... never mind)

Glad to know I wasn't the only one who agreed they deserve it.

JPINFV

Gadfly
I think simply ignoring them would have been a better course. Treat it like this (warning, bad language, and in honor of Caturday). Instead, the OWS gets publicity and the UC Davis police look like a bunch of fascist punks.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Meh, that's the thing, you can't simply ignore the protests because they'll start disrupting traffic... which is the number one reason WHY they get shut down by police in riot gear, which leads to these videos of "police brutality", when someone pushes a cop, cops take them out, and people start freaking out trying to 'help' the butt-hat who assaulted an officer.

I honestly can't respect a single person who says the protest shut down by police were "peaceful", when the videos show otherwise, with objects being thrown at cops, people calling the cops names when they make a legit arrest, etc etc. These people B***** and moan about 'improper use of money', yet they're forcing departments to pay dozens or hundreds of officers of overtime, and off their normal beats, just to babysit a bunch of grown babies whining about stupid stuff.

The cops are outnumbered hundreds to one, surrounded by an ever increasing angry and VIOLENT crowd... the people should be happy the worst they get is pepper spray and flashbangs. You don't cover your face with clothes to hide your identity to a peaceful protest...

Give me a riot helmet and baton, I want to help :)

Police_Medic_-_Hell_Beat_You_Well_With_His_Magic_Wellness_Stick.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JPINFV

Gadfly
Meh, that's the thing, you can't simply ignore the protests because they'll start disrupting traffic... which is the number one reason WHY they get shut down by police in riot gear, which leads to these videos of "police brutality", when someone pushes a cop, cops take them out, and people start freaking out trying to 'help' the butt-hat who assaulted an officer.
They're sitting on a sidewalk. Meh, walk through them, and if they grab anyone, then you have a misdemeanor battery charge instead of a simply unlawful assembly that will probably be dropped anyways.

I honestly can't respect a single person who says the protest shut down by police were "peaceful", when the videos show otherwise, with objects being thrown at cops, people calling the cops names when they make a legit arrest, etc etc.
Oh noes, the police were called a name. I can't respect a police officer who gets his or her panties in a twist over being called a name. If a police officer is the type to go psycho over "contempt of cop," then they need to find a different job. Sure, no leniency for people who fail the attitude test, but calling a protest not peaceful because some, or even all, are failing the attitude test is absurd.

As far as the protests, from what I've seen most of the protestors have been peaceful. The problem is that they set up an environment for the anarchists to come out, and it's the anarchists who aren't peaceful. Unfortunately, since this is a movement without a leader, there's no way to kick out the anarchists who are riding on the OWS coat tails.

These people B***** and moan about 'improper use of money', yet they're forcing departments to pay dozens or hundreds of officers of overtime, and off their normal beats, just to babysit a bunch of grown babies whining about stupid stuff.
Cost of doing business in a country that allows free speech. Personally, I wouldn't call the underlying ideology stupid. Lack of actual goals, leadership, and a unified message? Sure.

Give me a riot helmet and baton, I want to help :)
Whack a Protestor? I think you could charge for that.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
They're sitting on a sidewalk. Meh, walk through them, and if they grab anyone, then you have a misdemeanor battery charge instead of a simply unlawful assembly that will probably be dropped anyways.
If the owner wants them off the property, that's their perogtative, and that's a trespass arrest.

Oh noes, the police were called a name. I can't respect a police officer who gets his or her panties in a twist over being called a name.
The point isnt the disrespect, it's not illegal to be disrespectful.

The point is, I've yet to see a peaceful protest where people cussed at officers and called them pigs. That's solely the realm of a violent, or soon to be violent, riot.

I don't see demonstrations who do the whole process legally, with permits and all, marching calmly, attacking police. Do you?

As far as the protests, from what I've seen most of the protestors have been peaceful. The problem is that they set up an environment for the anarchists to come out, and it's the anarchists who aren't peaceful. Unfortunately, since this is a movement without a leader, there's no way to kick out the anarchists who are riding on the OWS coat tails.

Oh well, the few ruin it for the many. It becomes a riot. Riots deserve to be shut down quickly and forcefully.

Cost of doing business in a country that allows free speech. Personally, I wouldn't call the underlying ideology stupid. Lack of actual goals, leadership, and a unified message? Sure.
That's the thing, SOME of the ideas I agree with, but the whole way they're going about it, I refuse to back the movement. And that's the view of the majority of Americans.

These aren't protest. They're riots.

Whack a Protestor? I think you could charge for that.
Psh, I'll do it for free, and hand out bandaids after I hit someone. They wont know what to think!

"Take this hippy! *thunk*. Aww I'm sorry, here's a Fentanyl lollipop... *thunk* Back away drug abusing hippy!"

JPINFV

Gadfly
If the owner wants them off the property, that's their perogtative, and that's a trespass arrest.

Kinda of hard to tresspass students off of a university, especially if they live in the dorms. Of course, not all of them are students, but a lot fo them are.

The point isnt the disrespect, it's not illegal to be disrespectful.

The point is, I've yet to see a peaceful protest where people cussed at officers and called them pigs. That's solely the realm of a violent, or soon to be violent, riot.
Regardless, use of force can't be upgraded just because someone is using harsh language. It doesn't matter if a protestor is saying that an officer fornicates with his own mother, until violence occurs or is imminent (which insults do not amount to that level, ever), the protest is not a violent riot.

I don't see demonstrations who do the while process legally, with permits and all, marching calming, attacking police. Do you?
I don't see anyone attacking police in this video, do you? I don't see anyone outside the police not acting calmly.

Furthermore, I don't put stock in an argument about permits. I wonder how far back the civil rights movement would be if people went, "Meh, what ever. They deserve the dogs and fire hoses because they didn't have a permit, and all." If I want to walk down the sidewalk with 1, 5, 10, or 1000 people holding signs, provided I'm not blocking vehicular traffic, I shouldn't need a permit.

Oh well, the few ruin it for the many. It becomes a riot. Riots deserve to be shut down quickly and forcefully.

These aren't protest. They're riots.
Strange, where was the riot here? Is you definition of a "riot" a "people using bad language to the thin skinned police officers" or "comrades who don't have their papers in order."

Riot:

lariot01.jpg

Not a riot:

tumblr_luwxx0EwNF1qzbck8o1_500.png

Also not a riot, but I guess perfectly justified:

250px-Kent_State_massacre.jpg

How dare that scum bag hippie who didn't have his peaceful assembly permit (Rest in peace First Amendment) interfere with the legally authorized travel of the government bullet. If he wouldn't have resisted, he would have been fine.

Oh, and to finally, an image of rebel scum who should have been hung, drawn, and quartered for being rebels and traitors.

signingdec.jpg

I bet they didn't have a permit either. Dirty hippies.

Psh, I'll do it for free, and hand out bandaids after I hit someone. They wont know what to think!
Why should I let you do it for free if I can charge you to do it?

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Kinda of hard to tresspass students off of a university, especially if they live in the dorms. Of course, not all of them are students, but a lot fo them are.
The school owns the property. The school has the right to tell the students to GTFO if they want to, regardless of current status of 'going to classes'. Which is what has been happening.

Regardless, use of force can't be upgraded just because someone is using harsh language. It doesn't matter if a protestor is saying that an officer fornicates with his own mother, until violence occurs or is imminent (which insults do not amount to that level, ever), the protest is not a violent riot.

We go back to my point: I've yet to see a legal, peaceful demonstration where people verbally berated police.

I don't see anyone attacking police in this video, do you? I don't see anyone outside the police not acting calmly.
I see people refusing to follow a lawful order, and police doing lawful use of force to get compliance.

Furthermore, I don't put stock in an argument about permits. I wonder how far back the civil rights movement would be if people went, "Meh, what ever. They deserve the dogs and fire hoses because they didn't have a permit, and all." If I want to walk down the sidewalk with 1, 5, 10, or 1000 people holding signs, provided I'm not blocking vehicular traffic, I shouldn't need a permit.

Dear protesters: Don't complain about your protest being shut down if it's not legal.

No one is saying you can't protest, they're just saying get the piece of paper which takes minimal effort and time to get, just so you can do the protest the right way and get your message of inequality heard, instead of seeing your *** beat on the 10 o'clock news. (Though I much prefer the latter, it makes me chuckle.)

The KKK gets permits for legal protests for Gods sake... if a racist bigot can do it, a "college educated" person should have the IQ to think they should too. Instead, they're making the KKK look, gasp... PEACEFUL!

Strange, where was the riot here? Is you definition of a "riot" a "people using bad language to the thin skinned police officers" or "comrades who don't have their papers in order."
I'm saying the OWS protests in general, where more often than not, the ones shut down by police in riot gear, tend to turn in to violent riots.

canadianparamedic

Forum Probie
:rofl: i haven't gotten to use use this smile yet :rofl:
Now i can cross that off my bucket list.

JPINFV

Gadfly
The school owns the property. The school has the right to tell the students to GTFO if they want to, regardless of current status of 'going to classes'. Which is what has been happening.

...and the school can repay any tuition paid for, at a minimum, that term, and most likely can be on the hook for more than that. Additionally, if the student is a resident at on-campus housing, I hope the school enjoys the eviction process.

We go back to my point: I've yet to see a legal, peaceful demonstration where people verbally berated police.

Which is irrelevant since the police can't take action simply because of language. If a police officer arrests someone at a protest simply because the protestor says, "F' the police," I hope someone at city hall has a checkbook ready for the resulting civil rights suit.

I see people refusing to follow a lawful order, and police doing lawful use of force to get compliance.

What lawful use of force looks like:

Screen%20shot%202010-03-17%20at%209.17.17%20PM.png

Dear protesters: Don't complain about your protest being shut down if it's not legal.

No one is saying you can't protest, they're just saying get the piece of paper which takes minimal effort and time to get, just so you can do the protest the right way and get your message of inequality heard, instead of seeing your *** beat on the 10 o'clock news. (Though I much prefer the latter, it makes me chuckle.)

Papers please, comrade, papers. I bet the Founding Fathers are rolling in their grave right about now.

I'm saying the OWS protests in general, where more often than not, the ones shut down by police in riot gear, tend to turn in to violent riots.

tumblr_luwxx0EwNF1qzbck8o1_500.png

Yep, because those are standard police issue batons, helmets, and pepper spray bottles there, right? I don't know what type of neighborhood you live in, but this isn't how the day to day cops in California are equipped.

JPINFV

Gadfly
[youtube]CZ0t9ez_EGI[/youtube]

Quick, bring out some pepper spray. They're sitting down and probably don't have a silent protest permit that's required by the 1st Amendment of the Constitution of the United States of America.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
BCS = Cluster :censored::censored::censored::censored:.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Starting the process of writing SCT and CCT protocols and the educational program to go with them.

Crap it's a lot.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Really? Who does acid anymore? At least it's entertaining.