the 100% directionless thread

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
I woke up at 0830 getting ready to go to church... then realized I forgot to change the clocks, and slept through the new alarm.<_<

Cup of Joe

Forum Captain
I accidentally set my alarm clock back an hour, only to find out it set itself back another hour. Had to ask why I was awake so early.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
I'm physically and mentally tired. My Internet at home is not working, I love being in an ambulance and wearing a uniform, but feel like a clown cause of how much respect we get as EMTs anyhow little we do and know in my area, and I lectured three EMT students, and I was disgusted by their reaction to things I was saying. I hate the way I look, and I felt better wearing a uniform, but now I feel like a clown, and I've been wasting my time in EMS. I :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing hate typing with my :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing phone too cause it auto corrects and doesn't know basic words so it changes to what it thinks I'm trying to type. Auto caps for me too. So annoying. I'm used to being my own spell checker and capitalize words on my own. I'm memorizing bone markings, muscle names, origin, insertion, ligaments, and tendons in the chest, and there is just so much to learn. I feel like even with the stuff I know, I'm retarded. I honestly feel stupid learning this stuff, and I just want to do what everyone else does, say it doesn't matter, and go through the algorithms. It's like that one part when Dr. Roy Basch, M.D. from The House of God is in the MICU or ER, I forget which part, but he just doesn't care anymore... it's not his problem, no need to stress himself.

Good news... I turned that auto junk off. HATE IT.

I'm kind of confused at what you're saying?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sasha

Forum Chief
He is frustrated and burned out.

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Going from three day work weeks to five day work weeks is a shock to the system

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C

Shishkabob

Forum Chief

Been doing that for the past 3 weeks now >_<

Went from 24/48s to 9 hour days... can't wait to start my FTO so I can get back on the truck.

Sasha

Forum Chief

What kind of weird schedule are you working?

adamjh3

What kind of weird schedule are you working?

4 10s at the ambulance job with one shift a week at the stand by job.

adamjh3

Been doing that for the past 3 weeks now >_<

Went from 24/48s to 9 hour days... can't wait to start my FTO so I can get back on the truck.

How much longer until you're back on the road?

Sasha

Forum Chief
4 10s at the ambulance job with one shift a week at the stand by job.

You mean people work less than 12s how weird.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
How much longer until you're back on the road?

This week is AMLS and EMPACT. Next Sunday I start my 1 month FTO, then I come back for another week of classes (usalfyre will be in my class and I'll have seniority :rofl:), then a month of DTO... then another protocol exam, then a 2 hour EKG exam... than an adult and pediatric scenario on sim-mans, then a 1-2 hour interview with my medical director.

So.... mid January before I have my own truck again.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
You mean people work less than 12s how weird.

I dislike that. We have 4, 5, 6, 8, and 10. 12s only if you drive the NICU/PICU rig, a difficult shift to get cause you are the only one who usually gets to drive lights and sirens. We are also not allowed to be scheduled more than 40 hours a week. Wish I had more ootions to work... took me a year and a half to get a job...

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I am ranked #2 for BLS bid shift (pick our schedules and shifts). So it looks like I should be getting whatever shift I want. :)

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
I've been spending all afternoon trying to compare and contrast morphine and fentanyl...everything I've seen shows fentanyl to be superior, exactly the opposite of what I'm supposed to prove. :/