the 100% directionless thread

Anjel

Forum Angel
I hope everyone is ok. I havent been able to reach my family in virginia.

The DC fireguys that are here in Alabama with me got pulled out of class.

My prayers are with everyone. ABCkidsmom let us.knkw you are ok.

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
Ok...so I raise my own beef and chicken. I only eat fish I catch myself (or that family and friends catch). I raise my own layer hens. I raise my own pigs (well, actually a neighbor about a mile away does, but for the purpose of my point it's just as good.)

I just watched a video that would make me (and should make every American) want to become a raw food only vegan in protest. Aside from the fact I raise my own meat, I would. I plan on not eating any meat now unless I raised it myself.

I don't remember what it was called. I'm still looking for it again. I was crying too hard to remember much except what I was watching. It was a video about 10-15 minutes long about how horribly animals are treated in feed lots, hatcheries, and processing plants. In one clip, a worker had smuggled a camera into a chicken hatchery in Iowa, where sick baby chicks and all the male chicks were dumped into a huge meat grinder, alive, because they are of no value in the egg industry. There was another clip of a cow that broke through a fence panel at a processing plant and got it's leg broken by workers trying to heard it back. The poor cow could not walk and they still were beating it to try to get it to move. Eventually they bring out a forklift and accidentally spear the cow trying to pick it up. Then they carry it, still alive and bellowing and still speared completely through off the frame of the camera.

God it makes me sick. I suppose there is a reason many famous authors have made comments about one of the first major downturns in a nations social status is when it treats animals in such a horrible manner.

Good. Less demand means lower prices for me! :)

JPINFV

Gadfly
Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Obama golfed while Washington crumbled.

From the 9th putting green, Obama announced that they were able to pinpoint the epicenter to the Bush Fault.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Anyone know what replacing a clean out on a 4 inch sewer line should cost? 2 feet of vertical and 4 feet of horizontal pipe.

medic417

The Truth Provider
Anyone know what replacing a clean out on a 4 inch sewer line should cost? 2 feet of vertical and 4 feet of horizontal pipe.

Not more than a couple of thousand.

If you do it yourself and do it right save you a bunch. Do it wrong then costs you more.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Apparently VA wasn't the only place hit today. CNN says Colorado had a 5.3 this AM. Biggest in CO in the last 40 years.

Sent from a small, handheld electronic device that somehow manages to consume vast amounts of my time. Also know as a smart phone.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
AAAAGGGGGHHHHH, IT'S COMING THIS WAY!!!!!!!!

Sent from my mobile command center

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Hoping our members in central VA (abckidsmom and family) are ok.

You guys are sweet. We are still having aftershockstwice an hour. I am so not cut out to be a California girl. Tomorrow we will be addressing the giant cracks in the plaster and the chimney. Awesome.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
The big one for Cali must be on it's way :unsure:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
It's the Tsunami that scares me, being a mile from mission Bay. Where's my rubber ducky?

Ooh yeah that would suck. Make sure you got your water wings. I'm extremely far inland 100+ miles so I would probably have beach front property.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
0600 50 YOM w/dystonia, CP, SOB, uticaria and.....right great toe pain?

My ILS instructor told us about a call he ran back when he worked for Big Sky. They got paged to a 50ish Y/O f c/c of severe pain in right toes. I don't know if the toe pain was related or just a coincidence, but the gal ended up an a helicopter to the cath lab cause she was having a massive anterior AMI.

Sent from a small, handheld electronic device that somehow manages to consume vast amounts of my time. Also know as a smart phone.

Last edited by a moderator:

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
My ILS instructor told us about a call he ran back when he worked for Big Sky. They got paged to a 50ish Y/O f c/c of severe pain in right toes. I don't know if the toe pain was related or just a coincidence, but the gal ended up an a helicopter to the cath lab cause she was having a massive anterior AMI.

50ish females, especially African Americans and diabetics, are notorious for weird anginal equivalents. Any vague, non-specific complaint in the ladies gets a 12 lead from me.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
I'm thinking today could be a bad day. I woke up, late, have a blister on my finger from burning it on the toaster,.and then I hit my head on the ambulance grab rail :(

However, I did learn that my preceptor slept walked to the grocery last night and bought a bunch of fruit after she took Ambien :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Sasha

Forum Chief
Today is no good. No good at all.

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
It is truly a catastrophe for all