the 100% directionless thread

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
and as a "reward" we both got giftcards from our supervisors today! Yay! I heart free food.

Not a bad cut considering the tip was $500.00!

MissK

Forum Crew Member
we're under a tornado warning here at work and have been almost all day. we work out of a trailer but luckily we're staying in better shelter.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Red car? Fire chief? Lol!!!

Fire chiefs and deputy chiefs drive white chevy trucks in this area. It was a red 4 door family car with disability plates so it wasn't police or fire or EMS or anything.

So today I responded to walmart, Costco, target, rite aid, and staples. Everyone decided to have problems inside stores today haha

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Fire chiefs and deputy chiefs drive white chevy trucks in this area. It was a red 4 door family car with disability plates so it wasn't police or fire or EMS or anything.

So today I responded to walmart, Costco, target, rite aid, and staples. Everyone decided to have problems inside stores today haha

Lol, I was just kidding. ;-) And my chief drives a white Chev as well.

I just hate calls in public places. Ya know, like walmart, where you have a 30 person audience in a large circle around you?

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
And I think my phone may be CTD. The number of hot pixels has doubled today, from two to four. And it has frozen and crashed on my four separate times today.

Stay alive! Stay alive! How am I supposed to survive a 72 hour shift without my iPhone????

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Lol, I was just kidding. ;-) And my chief drives a white Chev as well.

I just hate calls in public places. Ya know, like walmart, where you have a 30 person audience in a large circle around you?

Surprisingly there were no crowds. One of the calls was in the restroom. The other was in like an cafertia inside Costco. I know people were watching but they didn't form a crowd. It was shocking. Normally when you get a call inside a big store you just look for the crowd of people and then your patient is right there.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Surprisingly there were no crowds. One of the calls was in the restroom. The other was in like an cafertia inside Costco. I know people were watching but they didn't form a crowd. It was shocking. Normally when you get a call inside a big store you just look for the crowd of people and then your patient is right there.

We had a call at Kroger the other day. Lady had a seizure and whacked her head on the meat counter. Blood everywhere. The bakery person, the cart coraler the manager and the butcher were all out front yelling for us to RUN SHE'S BACK HERE IN THE BACK!

Guy I was with was like "Is she breathing" and they said "yea of course" he said "I dont run" lol I think you had to be there. It was quite the sight.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
whacked her head on the meat counter. Blood everywhere.

And the people tasked with cleaning all the yummy human blood off the meat counter make 8 bucks an hour. This is why I'm a vegetarian :)

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Some old bloke at the supermarket had a cardiac arrest not long ago, of course he has no veins so the IC popped an intraosseous line, nicely done.

It was however very undignified in Brown's opinion having such a large crowd of people watching the resuscitation attempt.

Brown would not like a gaggle of strangers gorping at Brown or Brown's family member in the same circumstance.

Kind of made Brown sad just a little bit, especially since the gentleman did not survive and it took a while for the Police to show up.

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
It was however very undignified in Brown's opinion having such a large crowd of people watching the resuscitation attempt.

One strategy I've seen is to recruit a few bystanders to stand with their backs to the scene and hold up sheets for privacy. For some reason, most of my coworkers only find this necessary if a young, attractive woman is about to have her shirt cut... :rolleyes:

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Try landing a helicopter in the middle of a stadium while the Texas Jr. High football game is stopped and then caring for the patient while everyone is watching....

(For those who don't know, Texas Jr. High crowd=High School crowd in most other states)

Last edited by a moderator:

medic417

The Truth Provider
And the people tasked with cleaning all the yummy human blood off the meat counter make 8 bucks an hour. This is why I'm a vegetarian :)

Thats why I kill and butcher my own. If God or for those non believers evolution had not meant us to eat animals he or evolution would not have made them so tasty.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Thats why I kill and butcher my own. If God or for those non believers evolution had not meant us to eat animals he or evolution would not have made them so tasty.

Exactly! And....my own personal research has shown an astounding number of vegetarians/vegans with major health problems. Weird stuff too. Just my personal opinion. ;)

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Just listened to a crew fly a patient who was 10 freaking miles from two different trauma centers. The fail is so strong here, it defies words....