the 100% directionless thread

Anjel

Forum Angel
See! Diesel should be cheaper! Here, in my part of WA, gasoline is about 3.90 a gallon. Diesel is, this morning, up to 4.40. Figure that out.

I should move over to the ID/WA border. Live in WA and not pay state income tax, but do all my shopping over in ID where the sales tax and gas tax aren't through the freaking roof!

If you dont have to pay state tax I don't wanna fricken hear it lol

I paid over 1500 in state taxes last year. Over a tenth of my annual earnings. lol Yes I'm poor. But still.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
If you dont have to pay state tax I don't wanna fricken hear it lol

I paid over 1500 in state taxes last year. Over a tenth of my annual earnings. lol Yes I'm poor. But still.

I figure they get you one way or another. If it isn't state income tax it is outrageous sales and property tax or something else. In the end, we all end up paying about the same, the difference is just how the leeches suck it out of you.

Anjel

Forum Angel
i figure they get you one way or another. If it isn't state income tax it is outrageous sales and property tax or something else. In the end, we all end up paying about the same, the difference is just how the leeches suck it out of you.

exaaccctly

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I have a job it looks like! One of the ambulance services in the ABQ metro I was going to go talk to on Friday just called me this morning... wanting to know if I could be there today :)blink:) to do paperwork and get put on the schedule... I think seeing TG/TLO might have to get put off for a day or so :( But this is great news! :D

Anjel

Forum Angel
I have a job it looks like! One of the ambulance services in the ABQ metro I was going to go talk to on Friday just called me this morning... wanting to know if I could be there today :)blink:) to do paperwork and get put on the schedule... I think seeing TG/TLO might have to get put off for a day or so :( But this is great news! :D

Congratss!

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Anyone else getting this on facebook?

facebook-account-temporarily-unavailable.png

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
nvm, it was all the beta tester accounts that are testing the new messaging system. They updated it to Beta 2. All is well, I have my facebook back and can challenge katz to drag races on deadman's curve again.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Hmmm... seriously debating telling my boss to shove it tomorrow after I get off duty. With how much they've jerked me around I'm seriously debating just not giving 2 weeks... Especially since Cross wants me to start ASAP

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Hmmm... seriously debating telling my boss to shove it tomorrow after I get off duty. With how much they've jerked me around I'm seriously debating just not giving 2 weeks... Especially since Cross wants me to start ASAP

(Insert Johnny Paycheck here)

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief

Don't burn bridges, my friend. With the way EMS is, he could very well end up being the supervisor at your new service one day... make friends, not enemies.. I know it sucks, we had a real @hole FTO/Asst Director at one of the places where I started, boy was I happy I didnt piss him off, cause when I went into my Paramedic group interview, guess who was on the panel!? He had been an instructor in that program 5 years earlier, and I had no idea. Turns out, he had one of the highest paramedic scores in the state of all time (Mind you he took his test like 20 years ago when we still did paper testing), so he was respected every where.

Last edited by a moderator:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Don't burn bridges, my friend. With the way EMS is, he could very well end up being the supervisor at your new service one day... make friends, not enemies.. I know it sucks, we had a real @hole FTO/Asst Director at one of the places where I started, boy was I happy I didnt piss him off, cause when I went into my Paramedic group interview, guess who was on the panel!? He had been an instructor in that program 5 years earlier, and I had no idea.

You do bring up a good point... Argh. I'll let him know at work tomorrow and give my written two weeks notice...

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
You do bring up a good point... Argh. I'll let him know at work tomorrow and give my written two weeks notice...

Smart. You will thank me when he is on your nursing interview panel, ha ha. True story, the director of my BSN nursing program was on the paramedic interview committee when I applied.

It was 2 FTO's I worked with (1 being the asst director I told you about)
Director of the Nursing Program
Some katz I worked with before
Program director (Who also sat on the state board)
Hiring Manager at one of the private agencies (EMT-P)

The point:

You never know who they are gonna put on these panels, and in EMS, at least in TN anyways, every one knows every one cause we have worked Events together, handed off transports, saw each other at the major hospitals, etc.

You are lucky, you were EMS before nursing. I had to sit through the question:

"So, what is wrong with nursing? Why do you feel the need to switch professions?"

I was like, "Well, hmm... last I checked you needed an RN and EMT for flight, so I thougth why not get my -P... when you're a jet, you're a jet all the way", I then
proceeded to go on to explain how my ICU experience equaled critical care hours for flight.

My next question:

How do you calculate a drip rate?

I facepalmed. I mean, come on, an RN who can't calculate a drip rate? lol

Why did they do it?

To see if I acted like an arrogant fool and said something like, "Pssh, I can do that in my sleep" or if I was the type that would reply, "Yes, sir" and
give them an answer.

Every thing is a test.

Last edited by a moderator:

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Hm... AMR is hiring... to apply or not to apply...

Sasha

Forum Chief
I'm so nervous i'm gonna pee! aaaahhhhh!

Asimurk

Forum Captain
Had one of the dogs put down today. Tried to drink from a bottle of beer with the cap still on; that didn't feel quite right.