the 100% directionless thread

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
On another note, Highs this weekend in the 60's then next week calling for ice.. Oh do I love Arkansas weather!

On a better note, I'm still waiting on my license to come in the mail.. (I took the test and passed on 01/10) Oh wait, how is that a better note? Its not. :)

It's been in the low 60's here for the past couple of days...suck it east coast! :p

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Ok all you computer people.....I like watching movies and stuff on my computer off DVDs, but I am about fed up with Windows Media Center. Is ther any free video player program out there that anyone would recommend? Something simple..... Anything would be an improvement over WMC....:wacko:

Asimurk

Forum Captain
Windows Media Player worked well for me. :p

Try VLC Video Player. Used that in the past for files that WMP couldn't do. Alternatively there's, I think, Media Player Classic, which behaves like an old, old school style of Windows Media Player.

nemedic

Forum Captain
Windows Media Player worked well for me. :p

Try VLC Video Player. Used that in the past for files that WMP couldn't do. Alternatively there's, I think, Media Player Classic, which behaves like an old, old school style of Windows Media Player.

There's always running it through iTunes

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
There's always running it through iTunes

Meh, not everyone uses iTunes though. I use Zune, which I refuse to watch videos in :p
Since I've got a large number of .mkv files from torrents, I tend to use the DivX player

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
JT, I think we were seperated at birth. +1 for DivX. (and Zune, but not for movies)

Last edited by a moderator:

8jimi8

CFRN
"daisy dukes mah kryptonite"

NREMTroe

Forum Crew Member
Here you go (warning, NSFW language)

Awesome :)

So, anyone live in Central US? Are you prepared for that snowstorm that the weather channel is talking about.. Luckily, they changed our forecast and we're just going to get some rain.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Snow? WTF is that? :p

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqQ6Z-HmAqY&feature=channel[/YOUTUBE]

After you've watched that one, check this one out. :)

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
So, what's a guy supposed to do when he can't sleep? Well, I don't know, but I've been watching "The Buried Life" all night, and I LOVE this show.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Well this girl is laying awake fighting dogs for bed space and getting mad I can't download Angry Birds. What's that show? Never heard of it.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Well this girl is laying awake fighting dogs for bed space and getting mad I can't download Angry Birds. What's that show? Never heard of it.

Angry Birds is great!

The Buried Life is a show on MTV, that features these 4 guys that have been traveling across the country for the past 4 years, and are crossing out items on their list of the 100 things they want to do before they die. Each episode is about one of those things. Also, for each thing they cross off their list, they help a random person with their dream.

It's an awesome show, completely different than most of the trash on MTV. I love it. Check it out sometime: http://www.mtv.com/shows/buried_life/season_2/series.jhtml