the 100% directionless thread

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
I prefer a halligan bar. I used a couple choice words, a "close you son of a *****", and the frustration of the incident to close my tailgate.
leave it to the firefighter to say he wants a halligan bar. I'm a basic man, hammer this, hammer that, axe this, axe that. It'll work eventually :D

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
leave it to the firefighter to say he wants a halligan bar. I'm a basic man, hammer this, hammer that, axe this, axe that. It'll work eventually :D

There is no such thing as axe this axe that. You want a single bit axe, double bit axe, splitting axe, hatchet, limbing axe, felling axe, or a maul?

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
There is no such thing as axe this axe that. You want a single bit axe, double bit axe, splitting axe, hatchet, limbing axe, felling axe, or a maul?
I want a truckman's axe.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Not terrible. I am not going back to 24/48.
That schedule is just stupid, especially when you can do the Kelly with the same number of people. The middle days can be kind of bummers (today I don't I ever really woke up), but those four days mmmmm....

VentMonkey

Family Guy
That schedule is just stupid, especially when you can do the Kelly with the same number of people. The middle days can be kind of bummers (today I don't I ever really woke up), but those four days mmmmm....
The four days are nice, the six days are even nicer. I'm 3/4 on my Kelly, and tomorrow will be my "Friday" before going on our six day.

The Kern County Fire Department's schedule is still one of the best that I know of, IMO.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
When I was still at Glendale, we used the same Kelly as LA City, XoXoXoooo, now with McCormick we tie our stations to which FD they run with most (i.e. the 3 stations that run with Torrance and Redondo Beach are on a 48/96, and the rest of our stations we're on LA Co's Kelly which is different, it's XoXooXoXoooo........I don't like it as much as the other one, I'd rather just knock out the 3 shifts then get a nice 4 day, not a2 day then back at it, where as busy as we are, the 2 days are just a blur as the day off in between, and now it's harder to keep track mentally sometimes, "wait, where in the cycle am I again? Do I have to go to work tomorrow or is it day 3 of 4...?" etc.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
@Jim37F BCFD's Kelly is pretty sweet, and again KCFD's 48 on/off cycle followed by an 8 day is pretty swell. If Hawaii doesn't pan out, they're worth a gander, just sayin'...

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I worked that 72/96 schedule. Was nice considering I committed 300 miles to my station and wasn't driving it every week... cause fire season.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
My favorite schedule was the 6 months at AMR when i work 6 straight days from 1500-0400 then had 8 days off.

I was an EMT at the time, no way would I work that as a medic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
MY axe. I dun handmade one with my Popps a few years back.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Anyone else digging on the Lifestar podcasts? I recently discovered them, and I have to say- so far, so good.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
That point in the day where you've been basically a big ping pong ball so that you and your partner have pretty much given up hope of eating real food lol

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Like 'em, love 'em, or hate 'em Dem Bums are sure playing their hearts out. Makes me proud to still be an Angelino even if only at heart.

Now off to grill some jalapeño burgers, and wash them down with some Kronenbourgs.

Last edited:

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Well....managed a little over 4 broken hours of sleep. We will see how much I hate my life in 16 hours.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Starting preparing for deer season today with my new set up.

This new bow is noticeably faster. Going to take some getting used to a single pin sight

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk