the 100% directionless thread

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Apparatus replacement plan just went into hyperdrive...

I was wondering how long it was going to take for that video to show up on here.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
http://abc7.com/1760972/
Apparatus replacement plan just went into hyperdrive...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5bcbe35e12ba1c5704e2603acb142f05.jpg
Well considering they may be getting kicked out of victor valley they will have some extra engines sitting around..

CALEMT

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Victor Valley starting their own or contracting with CDF?

Not sure yet. City council voted 4:1 in favor of terminating their contract. County fire wanted an additional $9 million dollars with no new services being provided or added.

CALEMT

County fire wanted an additional $9 million dollars with no new services being provided or added.

Probably in some anticipation of trying to fund their AO program to take over the ambulance contract in the high desert.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Probably in some anticipation of trying to fund their AO program to take over the ambulance contract in the high desert.
You mean their Facebook drama created by their union possibly had an anterior motive?! I would have never guessed..

gotbeerz001

Forum Deputy Chief
Not sure yet. City council voted 4:1 in favor of terminating their contract. County fire wanted an additional $9 million dollars with no new services being provided or added.

Well depending on how those contracts are set up, they likely already own the stations and apparatus. The contract is likely just for personnel and access to the specialty response units.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
When it rains and California infrastructure just totally craps out...
Even the news here was talking about So Cal rain! I heard a bunch of flights got cancelled (isn't that an east coast weather problem not a So Cal one?!) so hopefully my flight back today isn't cancelled....I'd hate so much to be stuck here any longer....lol!

I was wondering how long it was going to take for that video to show up on here.
I tried last night but couldn't figure out how to get the video from Facebook to the thread that wasn't just a straight link to the ABC 7 website, but I was also using the app on my phone and you can't just right click lol

CALEMT

For those following the drama with county fire I may have posted this on their Facebook page:

I wonder how long until the union deletes your post.

Reactions: NPO

CALEMT

@NPO be liking posts from almost a year ago.

Reactions: NPO

CALEMT

Hey, it's the page it opened to, and it was funny.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

10 years from now someone will like this (my) exact post and I will be like "WTF"?

terrible one

Always wandering
San Bernardino County Fire, in all the counties I've worked as a first responder (emt, medic, reserve FF, seasonal FF, full time FF) SBco was the worst! I dislike that department on so many levels! Unprofessional, unmotivated, lack of empathy, the list goes on and on from what I've witnessed first hand. One of the most politically driven counties I've ever been apart of and I was treated horrible on the floor level. Then they take over all these bankrupt cities and some how have money to fund their FDs. Wait 5-10 years when all the benefit / pension costs start adding up. Not to mention a close buddy of mine is suing them for wrongful termination. Yup, no love here.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
San Bernardino County Fire, in all the counties I've worked as a first responder (emt, medic, reserve FF, seasonal FF, full time FF) SBco was the worst! I dislike that department on so many levels! Unprofessional, unmotivated, lack of empathy, the list goes on and on from what I've witnessed first hand. One of the most politically driven counties I've ever been apart of and I was treated horrible on the floor level. Then they take over all these bankrupt cities and some how have money to fund their FDs. Wait 5-10 years when all the benefit / pension costs start adding up. Not to mention a close buddy of mine is suing them for wrongful termination. Yup, no love here.
The pensions were one of the things they listed as a reason they needed the additional $9 million.

terrible one

Always wandering
What a shock. I could care less for that county even though I reside in it currently, thankfully my city has it's own FD and isnt contracting with those clowns.