the 100% directionless thread

VentMonkey

Family Guy
So I'm officially "1&1" certified now. Which is my company's lingo for "I sat through a 2-hour class so now I chauffeur a Paramedic around and do ALS level Interfacility Transfers in addition to our normal BLS 911 response" (Dual Paramedic staffing is required for an ALS unit to respond to 911 as the lead Paramedic unit....so if a smaller FD calls us for backup services a 1&1 staffed rig can't respond).

I picked up an open "1&1 EMT" spot on an ALS rig on the schedule for tomorrow....but a medic hasn't picked up the open shift yet either....so here's hoping I don't end being "half crew" and paired with a normal BLS unit...the only other half crew I see on the schedule is a shift I kinda don't wanna pick up OT on lol (the city that station covers literally requires us to respond to every. single. call. Code 2 [no lights, no sirens] even if it's a cardiac arrest or a traffic collision blocking us in the normal traffic flow....bleh)
How busy are your guys' ALS cars? Pure curiosity.

In other directionless news, I managed to finish my online quarterly training in just about one sitting. It took up the better half of the morning and afternoon, but feels good to have completed it...until next quarter, online training.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Sat down and began planning out college loan repayments, current finances, etc. Being an adult sucks sometimes. Guess I have a lot of OT time to pick up this year. :(

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Sitting in the station office doing paperwork and feeling like I'm going to die... Yep I'll take your life right now. I'm sicker than my patients today

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Still fighting the cold. Hanging at home with the kiddo, binge watching "Team Umi Zoomi".

You know you wish you were me.
Considering these were roughly my plans today (replace Umi Zoomi with "Sing") until an unexpected sick call? Why yes, yes I do.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
All ready to go out on a camping/hiking trip with the girlfriend tomorrow
IMG_3077.JPG

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
That's cheating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
How is that cheating?

Camping involves sleeping on the ground in a tent. I cheat too though, I use a cot.

That thing is pretty badass though. What year is your truck?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Camping involves sleeping on the ground in a tent.

That thing is pretty badass though. What year is your truck?

I'm sleeping on the bed of my truck that is on the ground in a tent...

2014 Silverado 1500. 6 inch lift on 35s. I call it the compensator 9000

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I'm sleeping on the bed of my truck that is on the ground in a tent...

2014 Silverado 1500. 6 inch lift on 35s. I call it the compensator 9000

I sleep on a cot, just giving you a hard time.

I'm thinking I'm gonna end up with either a 14 or 15 1500 this time next year. Girly won't hear my reasoning for a diesel so I'm gonna have to settle for the next best thing.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I sleep on a cot, just giving you a hard time.

I'm thinking I'm gonna end up with either a 14 or 15 1500 this time next year. Girly won't hear my reasoning for a diesel so I'm gonna have to settle for the next best thing.

Love the truck. Already have 46,000 on it. Only thing is that it is very quiet stock. So if you want to actually hear it you have to put an exhaust system on it. So far I only have a cold air intake and a chip/programmer on it.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
How busy are your guys' ALS cars? Pure curiosity.
That's actually something I've been curious about myself. There aren't any ALS units out of my station, and none of them are in my normal dispatch "division" so I don't normally get to hear their calls go out over the radio. However from what I've gathered, the medic cars are generally considered "last up" for 911 calls during half of their shift in order to take ALS IFT requests, and are part of the normal 911 rotation (i.e. if out of a station with multiple units, they can become first up for the next 911 when the other unit is out) for the other half. I worked with another 1&1 EMT assigned to the medic unit out of West Hollywood (a recent change) and he said they'll typically get 3 or 4 ALS IFTs, usually at night, and they were trying to decide if that meant they should be last up for 911's during the day or night. Another time I got a chance to ask one of our medics how often they got Backup requests and he said it "wasn't uncommon" to get one a shift, but I have no numbers or anything. Hopefully a medic will pick up tomorrow and I can pick their brain a little more lol

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Love the truck. Already have 46,000 on it. Only thing is that it is very quiet stock. So if you want to actually hear it you have to put an exhaust system on it. So far I only have a cold air intake and a chip/programmer on it.
eh take out a few baffles whats the harm ;) lol

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

Did the CAI and chip wake it up quite a bit? I drove my buddy's 15 the other day with a 6.2l and it was reasonably quick but not sure how he does mileage wise with that much displacement.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Did the CAI and chip wake it up quite a bit? I drove my buddy's 15 the other day with a 6.2l and it was reasonably quick but not sure how he does mileage wise with that much displacement.

They did. I get horrible mileage, about 14mph mixed highway/city.