the 100% directionless thread

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I want to work up to that. Kind of schedule dependent. That being said, post run chocolate milk is amazing.
Yes, indeed it is quite the delicious, and remarkably healthy nourishment after such a jaunt.

Nice job, BTW. Keep up the good work, you'll get there I am sure.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Worked an extra 12 and it was supposed to be an easy shift. Ran three calls, two of which were critical RSIs. I hate you.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
We ran a MVC that needed two units but nothing super exciting then a handful of LE calls for medical eval and now I'm in bed. I'm hoping I get to sleep since I'm on OT on a demand truck tomorrow so probably no napping tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Can I ride with you? I am barely scraping ALS calls together to finish field clinicals. :(

On a side note, running 7+ miles sucks just in case anyone was wondering....don't do it lol
I have a vehicle so there is no need to run

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Yes, indeed it is quite the delicious, and remarkably healthy nourishment after such a jaunt.

Nice job, BTW. Keep up the good work, you'll get there I am sure.

That might be how I motivate myself. Pint of chocolate milk each time.

Eventually. Definitely feeling it now though.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I like mountain biking haha.
I owned a Trek up until my lovely dog chewed straight through the brake line.

I could never get into to cycling, especially long distances. Running, and swimming are my faves by far.

Oh, and @StCEMT, as far as the choco milk goes, TruMoo is a good affordable choice that comes by the gallon. But! If you have deep pockets, and/ or really want the good stuff, Horizons Organic Chocolate Milk is the tits.

I swig freely from either after a good long run, and my wife is none the wiser:D.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I was a long distance cyclist. Then I got in a wreck, got hurt, stopped cycling and got fat. I miss it every day.
That sucks, brother. What were you logging a week, and what did you ride?

That's an expensive sport, cycling, lol. Some of those bikes though, sexy AF. Especially the lighter frames. I could never afford one, but I liked the Cannondale's.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

That's an expensive sport, cycling, lol. Some of those bikes though, sexy AF. Especially the lighter frames. I could never afford one, but I liked the Cannondale's.

Any biking is expensive. The next mountain bike I want is around $3,200.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Any biking is expensive. The next mountain bike I want is around $3,200.
Lol, another reason I stick to running, and swimming. So much more affordable to buy a good pair of Asics break em in, then rotate out after that. The same goes for swimming gear, reasonably inexpensive.

Side note: God bless Zappos!™

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I owned a Trek up until my lovely dog chewed straight through the brake line.

I could never get into to cycling, especially long distances. Running, and swimming are my faves by far.

Oh, and @StCEMT, as far as the choco milk goes, TruMoo is a good affordable choice that comes by the gallon. But! If you have deep pockets, and/ or really want the good stuff, Horizons Organic Chocolate Milk is the tits.

I swig freely from either after a good long run, and my wife is none the wiser:D.
Pff, I pay for a meal plan for a reason. Plenty of chocolate milk to smuggle from the cafe!

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.

I was a bit of a bike nerd. I had 6 or 7 bikes in regular rotation. My go to was a older Fuji Roubaix (steel is a more forgiving ride for a bigger guy), but I also had a Fuji Aloha TT bike, a fixie for bike commuting, a beat old Kona cyclocross, a Bianchi for long comfy rides and my last bike was a Lightspeed, that I crashed and destroyed on the way down from Mt Bachelor in Bend. (I also wrecked myself pretty badly, but healed well)

I was riding between 75 and 120 training miles each week and a century couple of weeks. That was just shy of 15 years ago and I'm still pretty nervous on a bike. Everytime I try to ride again I get kind of weirded out.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Oh, and @StCEMT, as far as the choco milk goes, TruMoo is a good affordable choice that comes by the gallon
nesquik my friend :D
IF you make the powder right it tastes like the bottles :D chocolate milk, and strawberry are my fav's

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
I see your Nesquick, and raise you double chocolate YooHoo...
Never had yoohoo in large quantities

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I just drink chocolate milk whenever I want. No need to run before hand!