the 100% directionless thread

Anjel

Forum Angel
SQ and IM injections on students today. Not extremely fun for me :sad:

That was the worst for me. I hate injections with a passion. We did 10 on each other.

I can take a blood draw or IV a million times over. Just can't stand injections.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
You can try the only catch you might run into is when a rivet is installed they tend to mushroom at the tip end. So forcing it out backwards can cause the hole to blowout.

If they are the Plastic rivets also known as GM J-Bolt the have a standard head with a mandrel in them. what happens is the bolt is plastic with wings on it and it has a hole right in the center a straight plastic screw is installed it has offset slots on it that pushes the wings on the main bolt outward to hold it in place. If you have these just cut the ends off with a tin snip or even a pair of dykes. If you can access the head take a small screwdriver and pull up on the inside part of the head which will release the body. These things are cheap easy to install but truly are junk. You'll probably have to replace them and they are available at most of your autoparts stores on the cheap.

ETA, if your front clip is fastened similar to the sunfire, or cavalier where the quarter panel is connected to the front clip and has a squared off end. you can apply pressure to the front clip and open that gap a wee bit enough to get a hacksaw blade or the like in there and cut the rivet on the shaft. When you remove the old rivets you can replace them with standard nut and bolts
Thanks, sorry I never got the pics up, broke my phone.
My buddy thinks he thought of a way around it and he's going to try this weekend in exchange for some elk steaks (the original price was a 6 pack, but under 21, so...) hahaha.
I'll post how it goes. If not, then I'll revert back to what you said. Haha

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
That was the worst for me. I hate injections with a passion. We did 10 on each other.

I can take a blood draw or IV a million times over. Just can't stand injections.

I feel like we have done a ton more than ten... Or at least it feels like it.
They hurt a lot less than ivs that I've had though so......

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

I think we are only going to be doing 1 IM and 1 SQ on each other. I believe we also do 1 IV start.

Anjel

Forum Angel
We did 20 IV starts on each other. I looked like a junkie.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
I think we are only going to be doing 1 IM and 1 SQ on each other. I believe we also do 1 IV start.
Ha, now I know we do more than that! IM I think has been 8 or so, same with SQ. I've had 18 IVs in 2 weeks. My forearms are horrendously bruised right now.

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
SQ and IM injections on students today. Not extremely fun for me :sad:

I feel like we have done a ton more than ten... Or at least it feels like it.
They hurt a lot less than ivs that I've had though so......

I didn't mind the first few I got, Then of course the most nervous, unsteady handed woman in my class got the opportunity to give me a IM. :blink:

I'll take IV's all day long, with the veins I have Stevie Wonder could start a IV I helped out a lot of the students that were struggling with getting good technique. I looked like a Heroin addict before the day was up, But bonus points for being a team player lol..

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
Thanks, sorry I never got the pics up, broke my phone.
My buddy thinks he thought of a way around it and he's going to try this weekend in exchange for some elk steaks (the original price was a 6 pack, but under 21, so...) hahaha.
I'll post how it goes. If not, then I'll revert back to what you said. Haha

I could use some Elk Steaks... I mean hell I live in PA. its a choice of Deer or Cow..

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
I didn't mind the first few I got, Then of course the most nervous, unsteady handed woman in my class got the opportunity to give me a IM. :blink:

I'll take IV's all day long, with the veins I have Stevie Wonder could start a IV I helped out a lot of the students that were struggling with getting good technique. I looked like a Heroin addict before the day was up, But bonus points for being a team player lol..
The joke in the class is that I'm the youngest person ever diagnosed with Parkinson's :rolleyes: I've only missed 2, though.
I'm the second hardest stick in the class. Which means everyone wants to challenge it.
We also get taught blood draws, so I've taken quite a few butterflys in the hands. haha
I could use some Elk Steaks... I mean hell I live in PA. its a choice of Deer or Cow..

I was broke and didn't have money for groceries, so after 2 days of a Hot n Spicy per day, my mom took pity on me and gave me some. Lmao. I actually prefer beef for steaks, buffalo is damn good for burgers, and javelina is the best for sausage. But, beggars can't be choosers lmao. I just don't care for it anymore. Used to love it, had failed hunts for a couple years and then got one and didn't like it anymore. The processor we used to use died, though, so I think that's why.

Last edited by a moderator:

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
Yes were taught blood draws too, I think its actually part of the National Cirriculum because none of the hospitals will use pre hospital blood anymore. So I refuse to waste the resources or time, to draw up labs that will end up in the trash can.

I've been there dude, broke as :censored::censored::censored::censored: and living off of Ramen noodles. I tell my girl its a character builder since she has never had to worry about that. Her grandparents are well off and made sure she had everything she ever needed to survive and then some.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Yes were taught blood draws too, I think its actually part of the National Cirriculum because none of the hospitals will use pre hospital blood anymore. So I refuse to waste the resources or time, to draw up labs that will end up in the trash can.

I've been there dude, broke as :censored::censored::censored::censored: and living off of Ramen noodles. I tell my girl its a character builder since she has never had to worry about that. Her grandparents are well off and made sure she had everything she ever needed to survive and then some.
Lmao, that's what I'll call it for now on. Previously, I called it can't find a job, even though I'm applying to freakin Mickey D's and I owe several hundred dollars for that wreck... That was a bit of a mouthful, though... Haha
Hahaha, hopefully soon, though. I've had 3 interviews in the past 2 months and this week I've had 7. I don't know what broke, but hopefully one of them (preferably the office job for $15/ hr. Lmao)
Edit: and yeah they said they would never draw them in the field. One guy said he used to be a nice medic and do it for everyone, but then he'd watch them draw their own. They just wanted us to get used to different gauges, I think.

Last edited by a moderator:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

Our hospitals expect us to draw bloods on all IV starts. They do send the bloods to the labs.

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
Nope no one will use them here, they feel apparently they are contaminated or something.

OTOH the local hospital used to have ALS services and you better have gotten labs in the field or you would've gotten beat..

Brevi

Forum Crew Member
video showing you how to insert an IV quick, clean, and correctly, in real time, and on a live person.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Hi4JNXdcHM[/YOUTUBE]

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Is it still considered homicide if it benefits humanity? :mad:

Anjel

Forum Angel
Is it still considered homicide if it benefits humanity? :mad:

Well since you get a jury of your peers... No paramedics would find you guilty lol

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Nope no one will use them here, they feel apparently they are contaminated or something.

OTOH the local hospital used to have ALS services and you better have gotten labs in the field or you would've gotten beat..
Like desert said, they even thank us for it. They even like it when we draw tubes that aren't standard in our protocol, like grey tops for ETOH, or grey on ice for lactic, pinks for blood typing, etc.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
And as of Monday, I will be gainfully employed. I'm a receptionist now :lol:
This is going to be.... different...

8jimi8

CFRN
i finally made it.

Started up with an air team this afternoon.

so freaking stoked.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Started up with an air team this afternoon.

so freaking stoked.

Holy crap, who's this guy?!

Congrats, man! Where are you at these days?