the 100% directionless thread

Household6

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
It was -12 at the end of shift last night.. I am so grateful that I can wear 5.11 pants that are nice and thick and warm instead of paper thin scrubs..

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
You know I always thought short term disability would be cool....

It's a vacation! Right? Free get out of work free card! Right?

Wrong.

I'm watching Sons of Anarchy from the very beginning on Netflix. This is day two and I'm already crawling the walls. I want to take my sled to Sierra City to get it fixed but I need to get it from the trailer to the bed of my pickup and there's no way I can even help my friends do it.

Guess it'll have to wait until we can go to my friend's warehouse with a forklift.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
You know I always thought short term disability would be cool....

It's a vacation! Right? Free get out of work free card! Right?

Wrong.

I'm watching Sons of Anarchy from the very beginning on Netflix. This is day two and I'm already crawling the walls. I want to take my sled to Sierra City to get it fixed but I need to get it from the trailer to the bed of my pickup and there's no way I can even help my friends do it.

Guess it'll have to wait until we can go to my friend's warehouse with a forklift.

Dude when I had my gallbladder removed I was in the same boat I went stir crazy rather quickly.

Try a month and a half of disability... Glad that's over now. I was stir crazy by the first weeks end...

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I thought I was going stir crazy. 8 hours into a 12 hour shift and not a single call, just been sitting in the cab at post all day, both me and my partner bored out of our skulls, I swear the dreaded "Q" word might get deployed...

Anjel

Forum Angel
I thought I was going stir crazy. 8 hours into a 12 hour shift and not a single call, just been sitting in the cab at post all day, both me and my partner bored out of our skulls, I swear the dreaded "Q" word might get deployed...

I used the Q word the other day. We had 1 call in 12 hours. But it came in 15 minutes before our off time.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I used the Q word the other day. We had 1 call in 12 hours. But it came in 15 minutes before our off time.

It's pretty quiet at my house right now.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Where are you in SC? It's nice right now, but the low tonight is supposed to be down around freezing.

Charleston.

Looks like our high today was actually 69, and the forecast low tonight is 41.

Epi-do

I see dead people
Short term disability is better than long term. It has been almost 2 years since my husband broke his leg. Four surgeries and one infection later, and he is still on disability and not working.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Does anyone who lives where it is snowing right now want to swap placed with me? You can have a lovely East Texas winter, and I will take your bitter cold, 5 foot of snow winter.

Any takers? I NEED to go skiing. My first winter in YEARS living where it doesn't snow.

Household6

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Does anyone who lives where it is snowing right now want to swap placed with me? You can have a lovely East Texas winter, and I will take your bitter cold, 5 foot of snow winter.

Any takers? I NEED to go skiing. My first winter in YEARS living where it doesn't snow.

It's too damn cold to ski.. I hate it when the surface of my eyeballs freeze over instantly.. I've been waiting to get called out for snowmobile accidents, but even the snow machine people know it's too cold.

cd44ac19-8e6d-4476-ad61-edf40e5444af_zpsbded9dc1.png

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
It's too damn cold to ski.. I hate it when the surface of my eyeballs freeze over instantly.. I've been waiting to get called out for snowmobile accidents, but even the snow machine people know it's too cold.

cd44ac19-8e6d-4476-ad61-edf40e5444af_zpsbded9dc1.png
Ha. One of my friends just moved to Mn, after spending the past 10 years in Az and the rest of her 12 years in Nv.
I think she's spent more time out here, because she keeps flying back to "get out of the cold".
I did hear the other day that with wind chill it was -60... That's ridiculous.

SSwain

Forum Captain
Woo Hoo! We are up to 4 degrees!
Windchill is still negative 20-30 degrees, but actual temp is above Zero.

:D

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
72 off, 24 on, then 96 off. I think I set my schedule up rather well for the first half of this month.