the 100% directionless thread

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I think people are still shocked.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Finally figured out who to talk to about my 401k!

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Just got to do my first hot load into an airship. Nice TC to have with the student. 1 DOA, 4 critical patients (2 patients flown) and an uninjured driver all from 1 vehicle.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
One of those days.

I'm sorry, I do not care that you WANT pain meds. The fact that you've destroyed all your veins, are in the hemodynamic trash disposal due to your cyclic vomiting syndrome and that you take high dose steroids is why you cannot have them. I'm not giving MS to a borderline hemodynamically unstable patient without IV access.

After the 4th failed peripheral attempt plus a 5th failed EJ I'm not going to poke you anymore considering we'd have been at the ER 15 minutes ago if I didn't spend all this time ****ing around on scene.

RAWRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
72/24/72/24/72/24/72/24

I need to stop picking up so much OT. With drive time factored in I'm at about 140 hours off duty per month if I keep this crap up.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
You're a nut.

Come up here, I'll give you one of my shirts and you can work for me. No one will know the difference.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Just got to do my first hot load into an airship. Nice TC to have with the student. 1 DOA, 4 critical patients (2 patients flown) and an uninjured driver all from 1 vehicle.

Really your first? I'm surprised, I've had two hotloads since I have been on ALS!

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Last edited by a moderator:

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
You're a nut.

Come up here, I'll give you one of my shirts and you can work for me. No one will know the difference.

I dunno, it might be a little tight in the chest region... I think I've got about a super model on you in terms of weight :rofl:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Hahaha probably.

I'm 5'8" and 135# of fury.

I'm testing the zoll ePCR for work. Not really sure how I feel about it yet. I like the concept but not huge on some aspects if it such as the provider impression. There's 8 million choices none of which are good ones.

Should be on to Eso next week then a meeting in two weeks then new charting software and toughbook a by 1/1/14.

Thank freaking God.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Hahaha probably.

I'm 5'8" and 135# of fury.

I'm testing the zoll ePCR for work. Not really sure how I feel about it yet. I like the concept but not huge on some aspects if it such as the provider impression. There's 8 million choices none of which are good ones.

Should be on to Eso next week then a meeting in two weeks then new charting software and toughbook a by 1/1/14.

Thank freaking God.

Ensure ESO is purchased. You will not be sorry. And no I am not biased by the fact that my chief and a captain are on several of ESO's steering committee, it's just way, way better than Zoll. Motion tablets plus ESO make for happy staff, provided that they can you know, accept the demise of a paper trail.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Ensure ESO is purchased. You will not be sorry. And no I am not biased by the fact that my chief and a captain are on several of ESO's steering committee, it's just way, way better than Zoll. Motion tablets plus ESO make for happy staff, provided that they can you know, accept the demise of a paper trail.

I'm looking forward to using Eso. There are things that I really like about Zoll but there are also things I really don't like.

I don't feel like the documentation is all that thorough in the narrative portion unless you write a big narrative which I'm not used to with the generated narratives and comments in the flow-chart from Sansio.

I honestly don't think that Health EMS by itself is a bad program. I actually really like it but I really don't like the connectivity issues we have. If we were only running a handful of calls in a shift and were charting on a desktop it'd be awesome but, unfortunately, that's not the case.

Anjel

Forum Angel
I love ESO. I hate our tablets. So much hate.

On another note:

On Saturday I was called for a 70 y.o female not feeling well. When we got there she said she had a CABG done 3 days ago. Over the last two days she has had increase in chest pain and hasn't felt right. As soon as she said that, she looked up at me, and went into cardiac arrest.

Started CPR and got her to the truck. She was in PEA, I intubated, and my partner tried twice for an IO and was unsuccessful. No PIV access to be found. She was a BIG lady. And the BIG IO gun things we have don't work very well.

Anyways, we transported with no meds or fluids on board. Got to the ED, they did the EZ-IO, pushed Epi, and Narcan (rolls eyes), and got ROSC within 5 minutes of us getting in the door. So she had about a 15 minute down time.

Just found out that she is already extubated, she was moved from the ICU, to the cardiac unit, and is expected to make a full recovery.

Nothing went right on our end, but I'm glad something went right on her end. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside lol

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
On Saturday I was called for a 70 y.o female not feeling well. When we got there she said she had a CABG done 3 days ago. Over the last two days she has had increase in chest pain and hasn't felt right. As soon as she said that, she looked up at me, and went into cardiac arrest.

I am assuming she/you meant discharged from the hospital 3 days ago s/p CABG and not literally that her CABG was done 3 days ago? If she was at home you can assume she is at least post-op day 5. If not then there is a major problem with that hospital..

Anjel

Forum Angel
I am assuming she/you meant discharged from the hospital 3 days ago s/p CABG and not literally that her CABG was done 3 days ago? If she was at home you can assume she is at least post-op day 5. If not then there is a major problem with that hospital..

Her and her husband said it was done 3 days ago. I didn't ask questions we got distracted lol But they very well could of meant they were discharged 3 days ago.

Clipper1

Forum Asst. Chief

At least 5 days?

Across the nation it is 3 - 5 days with 4 being the average for the older population.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
These 100 hour work weeks are putting me in a weird place, but come winter I'm gonna be in some cool places dammit!