the 100% directionless thread

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Yep, pretty similar.

On another note, I feel like these future of EMS threads always go in circles. It starts out nice and optimistic and always ends with crap talking nurses. Shoot me.

Because there's always the medic that hates nurses "cause all they do is follow orders" . I guessed they missed the part about standing vs online orders in school...

Or that we allow people to become medics in two weeks, minus the whole 480 hour mandatory internship....might be a little much to cram classroom and internship into that two weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
On another note, I feel like these future of EMS threads always go in circles. It starts out nice and optimistic and always ends with crap talking nurses. Shoot me.

It's like a train wreck...we know it's going to happen it's just a matter of when.

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
Because there's always the medic that hates nurses "cause all they do is follow orders" . I guessed they missed the part about standing vs online orders in school...

Or that we allow people to become medics in two weeks, minus the whole 480 hour mandatory internship....might be a little much to cram classroom and internship into that two weeks.

This is why we can't have nice things.

It's like a train wreck...we know it's going to happen it's just a matter of when.

What's awful is that good discourse among professionals about the future of our profession is what we really need. Perhaps this isn't the place for it.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
This is why we can't have nice things.

What's awful is that good discourse among professionals about the future of our profession is what we really need. Perhaps this isn't the place for it.

It is what we need...unfortunately, it seems like they always go down the same path and end up with name calling. There's a reason the CL's don't shut down those threads as soon as they appear...we want them to continue and result in a productive discussion.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Or you could allow disagreements between parties. Seeing as that's the basis behind a discussion/argument. The minute one person gets their feelings hurt it's game over. This is the strictest forum I've ever been on, hands down. No wonder many of the original contributors don't come around anymore.

What's the point of a discussion forum if every topic that gets somewhT heated gets locked and/or edited by the mods.

Sounds a lot like censorship to me. Just a thought.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
No wonder many of the original contributors don't come around anymore.

They're just all on vacation... Permanently... :unsure:

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Or you could allow disagreements between parties. Seeing as that's the basis behind a discussion/argument. The minute one person gets their feelings hurt it's game over. This is the strictest forum I've ever been on, hands down. No wonder many of the original contributors don't come around anymore.

What's the point of a discussion forum if every topic that gets somewhT heated gets locked and/or edited by the mods.

Sounds a lot like censorship to me. Just a thought.

We have no problems with disagreements. The issue arises when people stop being polite about it.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
They're just all on vacation... Permanently... :unsure:

An involuntary vacation for some.

What's even worse are the ones that left voluntarily because it got that bad. Might have to follow them.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
An involuntary vacation for some.

What's even worse are the ones that left voluntarily because it got that bad. Might have to follow them.

Don't leave us yet! Disagreements come and go, but there are certainly good things about this place.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
We can choose to continue to moderate it, as has been done since the forum started... or it becomes PoF, an inane cesspool of LIVs.

This is the most professional of any of the EMS forums I've been on, and certainly the most polite. There's a few where it's all Paragods and lord help the new EMT that asks a question.

As I've mentioned before, you have to really want to get banned from here. We never do it without discussion and plenty of warning. There are those who choose not to come back because they can't play nice... and that's okay. They can continue to be "Arrogant Pricks" or play on PoF.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
We can choose to continue to moderate it, as has been done since the forum started... or it becomes PoF, an inane cesspool of LIVs.

This is the most professional of any of the EMS forums I've been on, and certainly the most polite. There's a few where it's all Paragods and lord help the new EMT that asks a question.

As I've mentioned before, you have to really want to get banned from here. We never do it without discussion and plenty of warning. There are those who choose not to come back because they can't play nice... and that's okay. They can continue to be "Arrogant Pricks" or play on PoF.

Nothing wrong with being an arrogant prick.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Yeah well you're both arrogant pricks.

Hi pot, I'm kettle :lol:

Wanna know something even scarier? I'm a moderator ;)

You broke rule number 1 and 2...