the 100% directionless thread

kirky kirk

RN, EMT-B
I wanted House MD to have ran for another season. :cool:

Epi-do

I see dead people
Y'all don't have 12-leads?... :unsure:

Nope. His current opinion is that we aren't going to do anything in the field that is going to make a difference in the outcome, so why do we need them.

I was thinking the same thing...and the rural EMS not working codes on scene...how long do you have to pump on a dead body until you get to the hospital??

Good for you though!! Moving in the right direction for sure!

If we are doing an intercept with one of the BLS departments, it could easily be 20-30 minutes after we meet up with them. Add to that time, how ever long they spent on scene, and their transport time to get to us. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Let me tell you, when I first took this job, I thought I had stepped into a time machine and went back in time a few decades. It can be frustrating, but I am getting better and better at dealing with it, and finding ways to skirt around some of it and manage to do what is best for the patient without getting called into the office as of yet.

Most of the medics (including my boss) I work with are interested in what I have to say, and would like to see changes made. However, they are so used to the status quo that they don't seem to really know how to go about getting things changed. So far, there have been two different issues that they told me I would never get changed, and with patience, information, and figuring out who's ear to bend, I have been able to get both of them addressed. Maybe they just need a new set of eyes and a different way of looking at things to get them closer to this decade.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Femur fracture, sepsis, opiate od, appendicitis. Long day.

Anjel

Forum Angel
I am done with all clinicals and take my practical final tomorrow. Written final is in 8 days. And I graduate in 9!

Holy :censored::censored::censored::censored:! It's been a long 18 months.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Nope. His current opinion is that we aren't going to do anything in the field that is going to make a difference in the outcome, so why do we need them.

ORLY? So seeing right sided elevation won't stop us from giving NTG?

And I suppose that being able to determine QRS axis won't change anything. We'll just guess as to whether it's VTach or not. Guess we'll just try adenosine before amio.

Yikes Epi. I can understand rural EMS being slightly behind. I worked ultra rural (per state classification) for 5 years. But that's crazy!

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I am done with all clinicals and take my practical final tomorrow. Written final is in 8 days. And I graduate in 9!

Congratulations! Wonderful feeling isn't it? Wait till grad, you will look back and be like "no way we started 18 months ago!"

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief

Good luck! You're almost there.

Epi-do

I see dead people
ORLY? So seeing right sided elevation won't stop us from giving NTG?

And I suppose that being able to determine QRS axis won't change anything. We'll just guess as to whether it's VTach or not. Guess we'll just try adenosine before amio.

Yikes Epi. I can understand rural EMS being slightly behind. I worked ultra rural (per state classification) for 5 years. But that's crazy!

I know. To say it's sad is a huge understatement. Baby steps though. It's on my checklist of things to get changed. It's just going to take me a while to get it done.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.

Congrats Anjel! You've worked hard!

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader

You're almost there, congrats!

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
And now the waiting game begins. Had an interview today to see about getting into a tuition free CNA program. I won't find out until the 8th if I made the cut. I hope I did because the job market isn't great for any of the fields I've gone to school for.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
We don't have any supervisors in the division I work out of since there are only two ambulances. Instead the president himself takes care of all operational manners. He was an EMT a long time ago, but now does no roll in patient care.

Just got an email stating that EMTs are longer allowed to do refusals. So now the firefighter/EMTs have to do all BLS refusals, and if my medic makes any patient contact at all, she has to do the refusal. Ouch.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
We don't have any supervisors in the division I work out of since there are only two ambulances. Instead the president himself takes care of all operational manners. He was an EMT a long time ago, but now does no roll in patient care.
h2C46D473

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Up until midnight studying HazMat. Yup, exactly how I wanted to spend my vacation... /sigh