the 100% directionless thread

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm liking it so far, but it only got driven a few miles, because it was running pretty rough. Definitely enough seating
As of now it's just a shackle lift with 31" BFG tires. I'm doing 4 inches suspension and going for 33's- possibly 35's. It's going to be a DD, so I'm thinking smaller tires would be a bit better.
I'm ready to get it done, though, lol. Been carless for 2 weeks and driving my stepdad's 2500 HD Silverado with the diesel motor is killing me, haha.
Edit: I'll throw on a pic

If its a DD go for the 33s. 35s will be a definite regear for the diffs. Some would say 33s are but you can get away with it with the manual transmission and being able to shift yourself.

Looks clean. Ill have a 60 one day.

This is mine from our last wheeling trip.

e4u6upyq.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364431268.764769.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364431268.764769.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 185

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
I hate it when I find a cut on myself and don't remember how it got there.

I was typing up a report for a call, and noticed my thumb hurt when ever I hit the space bar. I look at my thumb and see a small cut on the end of it. The other EMT with me asks if I hurt it. I said yes, but I don't think it happened on the call. Then I notice the two marks on my thumb-nail and it hits me. One of my dad's pet rats had nipped me on the thumb when I had startled her earlier tonight. At least she's learning not to bite so hard that she draws blood.

Now I don't blame her. I should have 'announced' myself to her before reaching into her cage. She has poor eyesight (worse than a 'normal' rat's eyes) and her whiskers are so short they're practically useless because of her fur type. She also spent too long in an over-crowded animal shelter without enough attention before the rescue we adopted her from got her out of there and started working with her. She has made progress since we brought her home just over a month ago, but she is still timid and startles easily.

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
Watching The Simpsons online and it reminds me of how when I was a kid almost every kid at school (this was 1993 ish) got banned from watching them at some point because all used to talk back and imitate particularly Bart and Homer lots, anybody else do that?

Picked up my wedding dress today! *Squee!*

Hahaha, squee, sounds like some sort of chocolate candy bar or something, mmm chocolate would be pretty awesome right now, I don't feel so awesome, y'know ... :p

I bet you are excited, so, is it pretty, gonna show any pictures? ....

I am waiting for my friend to ask me to be in their wedding party, ugh, I don't like getting dressed up, a t shirt and jeans probably ain't gonna cut it right? :D

Anjel

Forum Angel
150 clinical hours scheduled in April. 16 clinicals in the hospital and I am done.

Then from May to the Middle of June I have 21 12 hour ALS rides to do. So roughly 3.5ish a week. Plus full time Pre nursing reqs, and a full time job.

Good bye EMT LIFE. I will have no life.

I see the light! And it's bright! And I'm gonna become a damn paramedic even if it kills me.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
150 clinical hours scheduled in April. 16 clinicals in the hospital and I am done.

Then from May to the Middle of June I have 21 12 hour ALS rides to do. So roughly 3.5ish a week. Plus full time Pre nursing reqs, and a full time job.

Good bye EMT LIFE. I will have no life.

I see the light! And it's bright! And I'm gonna become a damn paramedic even if it kills me.

That's not a lot of hospital time or ride time. The medic program I'm starting (hopefully next year) is 25 24 hour shifts or 50 12 hour shifts. We have about the same amount of clinical hours at 164.

Anjel

Forum Angel
I've done previous hospital time. That what I have left.

200 in the ER
32 in the ICU or CCU
16 in the OR or 5 tubes
8 in Labor and delivery

And then 250 on the ambulance.

You have to have 50 prehospital calls where you are lead medic.

20 adults
10 peds
20 chest pains, abdominal pain
Seizure

And a bunch of other case studies. If you don't get 50 calls in your 250 hours you have to ride more.

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
1,200 practical hours here; things like rest home, medical centre, ED, CCU, ICU, ambulance (all levels). In third year we basically get assigned to a roster with ICP being mentored and expected to make clinical decisions first-up while being heavily audited; we keep a logbook across all 3 years and have to explain and research rationale, record procedures and drug administrations, do case studies, link everything back to pathology etc ... it can get pretty intense.

Just got done watching a Simpsons episode where Homer and Marge's plans for sex fails and they are like "we'll just wait until the kids are asleep and have sex in the car" ... bwahahahaha! I don't know why people are in a hurry to get married :D

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

200 in the ER
32 in the ICU or CCU
16 in the OR or 5 tubes
8 in Labor and delivery

20 adults
10 peds
Seizure

And a bunch of other case studies. If you don't get 50 calls in your 250 hours you have to ride more.

No way in heck we could have medic students riding out until they got 10 peds calls. To date I've only had like 7 peds calls and I've been working for 2 years on the ambulance haha.

We got a whole bunch of older people and not soo many kids.

Anjel

Forum Angel
No way in heck we could have medic students riding out until they got 10 peds calls. To date I've only had like 7 peds calls and I've been working for 2 years on the ambulance haha.

We got a whole bunch of older people and not soo many kids.

I've had 3 peds this week at work lol

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Playing Pandemic with my wife. She started a mild insomnia bacteria in Argentina and handily wiped out humanity. I started hemorrhagic flu in France and was stymied by Canada stubbornly resisting the Walking Dead Combo of total organ failure, insanity and projectile vomit. The cast of Degrassi and Bryan Adams inheirit the world.:sad:

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Playing Pandemic with my wife. She started a mild insomnia bacteria in Argentina and handily wiped out humanity. I started hemorrhagic flu in France and was stymied by Canada stubbornly resisting the Walking Dead Combo of total organ failure, insanity and projectile vomit. The cast of Degrassi and Bryan Adams inheirit the world.:sad:

That's pretty good, eh?

JPINFV

Gadfly

Have you tried Pandemic 2?

tumblr_lkfqwzqLuA1qhe0ii.gif

CANDawg

Forum Asst. Chief

We're a tough breed. ;)

WyoMedic

Forum Probie

200 in the ER
32 in the ICU or CCU
16 in the OR or 5 tubes
8 in Labor and delivery

20 adults
10 peds
Seizure

I ended up having to do a little more ED time to get the rest of the peds required for my medic program. More parents these days just scoop their kids up and haul some tail to the hospital.

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
Huge difference in rural vs urban EMS. It's very strange not being the only medic on scene and considered a 'transport' medic